Search results

1. vicalva

New Cupra will have two variants

The FR doesn't look half bad, I think the Cupra won't disappoint. A pluggable hybrid Cupra would be nice.
  2. vicalva

SEAT have ruined the LEON

It looks quite attractive to me. I'll admit my very first impression at the official presentation wasn't great but after seeing several mini reviews I had a better look at it. I now find it quite striking. The only detail I'm not a fan of is the massive C pillar in the hatchback version. It...
  3. vicalva

New MK3 Leon CUPRA R Confirmed

What's that about only the driver's side front break being equipped with Brembo rotor, not the passenger side, on the Cupra R, making it not good for track? If true I find that shocking and wonder what the reason would be?? Won't that affect the balance on heavy breaking? Also disapointung to...
  4. vicalva

£36k and all gone??? Paid £17k for y LCR mk1...,.ok it was 15 years ago ROFL. Clearly they knew what they were doing with the pricing.
  5. vicalva

Sadly the "R" has become a marketing gimmick as it offers little gain in performance. The new copper colour is an acquired taste. I hope they do a better job with the "Cupra" sub-brand in the future.
  6. vicalva

MK3 Leon Cupra R - rumour and speculation

Just confirmed by Autoexpress, 799 units to be made (in total) 306bhp, FWD, manual gear box Or 300bhp on DSG. 0-62 in 5.6s Brembos £33k, a whopping 2.5k more for 6 bhp and the upgraded breaks. Why am I dissapqointed? no 4WD, little gain in power, aestheticnaly ok'ish, not great. Incidentally...
  7. vicalva

Looks like they're testing a hypothetical LCR 2017. adding link: https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/seat-leon-cupra-r-price-specs-release-date-3433
  8. vicalva

Sounds promisng.
  9. vicalva

how many miles has everybody done??

LCR with 245k km (150k miles) on 03 reg, re-reged to Spanish F reg. My commute car 130km/d, 30k km/year. I intend on keeping it till the end.
  10. vicalva

Did 240k km on my 2003 LCR. They'll give me 3,000 EUR for it. Not worth selling, I'd rather keep it considering the handling and instant turbo oomph. My wife drives it now and looks dead sexy in it, another plus. Edit: now 244k km, alternator gone, stranded on motorway at night, mist and 4...
  11. vicalva

Cupra R vs Leon 1.9 TDI FR

About 95% of the round trip is motorway, I average 40 mpg. 100% motorway would get me a fraction more mileage. As already said, urban would get you about 18mpg. See how much motorway and urban you drive to work out your average.
  12. vicalva

Cupra R vs Leon 1.9 TDI FR

I use my LCR for daily commute, a round trip of 80 miles. I can do 40mpg (5.8l/100km) on motorway if driven economically. If driven 100% in the city, mileage falls down to 18 mpg. Diesel is dirty by definition, problems with EGR valve. No pleasure if you want to have the occasional spirited...
  13. vicalva

Lcr mk1 under tray has come off

Expensive little piece of plastic, cost me 75€ mounted at my local independent garage. Edit: please ignore my post, wrong part.
  14. vicalva

Leon Cupra R Noise at Idle after Cambelt change - Help!

I have the same problem on a cold engine, but noise is mostly reduced when warm.
  15. vicalva

147k miles (238k km) on 2003 LCR. I intend to go up to 300k... :D
  16. vicalva

2003 seat leon cupra help?

323mm front and 256mm rear.
  17. vicalva

TCS/ESP Sensor

Mine is coming on intermittemtly, especially under strong braking. It goes away when restating engine. I guess one of sensors must be faulty. Might take it to the stealers at some point for an estimate.
  18. vicalva

My LCR210 2003 has 232.000km on the clock. Had a leaking shock absorber after 150k km, a few faulty sensors in 12 years (3 times engine and twice ABS), a faulty "tube 12" in the engine (no idea what it is but costly), faulty coil pack after 180k approx., leakage in coolant circuit, leakage in...
  19. vicalva

mk1 custard cupra

especially in pastry
  20. vicalva

Cupra R Front splitter

Cost me about 30 EUR at the dealer .
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.