Search results

1. jwfcms

Do I have a door open warning on my LCR?

is there not a red light on the dash actually... i think there might be
  2. jwfcms

MK1 Leon Air Duct?

i got a 90mm but i removed the fog lights and have a front mount cooler so i can feed it down by where the standard side mount cooler was
  3. jwfcms

Do I have a door open warning on my LCR?

only if the headlights or side lights are left on i think. just close the door behind you when you get out. you know its closed then :D i dont hve any warning beep unless the lights are left on. and then i always open the door leave the lights on and it beeps and think oh yeah the lights so...
  4. jwfcms

Silver LC, Gunmetal mirrors. Opinions please.

might look good but then might look like you have gone to the scrappy and found a mirror cap thats the wrong colour. like when people drive about in a red fiesta with a black boot... unless you carry some sort of theme throughout the car, gloss black might look nice. ;)
  5. jwfcms

Removing Helper springs

i removed the helper springs and do on most coilover sets i fit to any cars, mates or customers to be honest ,the problem that it can cause sometimes not being able to go as low because it can come close to the tyre. sometimes withe tyre movement i have known it to rub on the adjuster and wind...
  6. jwfcms

Standard calipers?

maybe 15 quid at most , pay no more.. from local motor spares place or even try halfords might be a bit more there.
  7. jwfcms

Standard calipers?

lol... Get some brake and clutch cleaner and spray it on the calipers to clean them off first maybe a wire brush to help get some of the crap off. put a layer of the paint on first and leave it to tack dry an hour maybe. it wont go on very good straight away it will look faint red and see...
  8. jwfcms

will a lcr cat if on a lc

nope. and go for a sports cat. decat = **** running **** fueling and slow.
  9. jwfcms

Standard calipers?

you dont have the time to take your wheels off and put it on axle stands for a few hours, maybe 2 while it drys tacky and leave it overnight on your drive/garage and paint them with some hammerite smooth red or something alike. but have the time to find new calipers, buy them, fetch them, paint...
  10. jwfcms

exhaust rattle

its alrite saying take it back to who fitted it but a number of things could of gone wrong which wasnt the mechanics fault obviously after being on the car for a period of time and being aftermarket rubber could have deteriorated, bracket broken, weld snaped which are none of the fitters fault...
  11. jwfcms

exhaust rattle

never had a prob with mine and its pretty low..make sure all the brackets/rubber mounts are held in place properly and the clamp is tight holding the back box at the right angle... blueflame are usual pretty good fitment mine fits as good as the original and is a better exhaust itself..
  12. jwfcms

Worth it ?

yeh good price..snap it up!stil fetching near to 6 for some. others 5500..
  13. jwfcms

Problem Cars

everything goes wrong with everything eventually. some get lucky and dont have many problems. some have all the problems possible. to be honest you wont beat an old banger with a carb and none of this electrical crap! the more advanced things are the more things to go wrong. you will find the...
  14. jwfcms

LCR Wheels

dont do it. you could just swap them for steel wheels and a set of spinning wheel trims.
  15. jwfcms

s3 seat's weight

id say 40-45kg maybe.
  16. jwfcms

New cam belt time

depends on your engine... you havnt said what engine you have or engine code
  17. jwfcms

LCR Front fogs same a A6?..?

i have some for sale.....lcr ones
  18. jwfcms

couple of little LCR niggles. Anyone help?

and that pipe is also blanked off on mine aswell.
  19. jwfcms

couple of little LCR niggles. Anyone help?

that probe there is the EGT from the rear of the turbo, on exhaust side. mine actually came out the other day and sounded like it was blowing really loud untill i put it back in. i dont know how it came out i mustnt have tightened it up enough or it got that hot and worked its way out slowly...
  20. jwfcms

Paint Code for Red 05 LCR

go with your paint code on the car.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise