Search results

1. Instrument cluster failure

Had the battery checked out and all fine, heading over to England in the summer so will take the cluster with me and drop it off at car tronix for repair, hopefully they find a fault cause if not then I'm out of ideas!!
  2. Instrument cluster failure

That's the weird thing I had my mechanic plug it into VCDS and there wasn't any fault codes, I have the battery on charge now and will hopefully it tested this week. Failing that I will probably post the cluster over to England for repair...,
  3. Instrument cluster failure

Hi all, Driving home last week and my drivers information display, clock and odometer went off. Everything else works like engine management light, brake, coil and instrument lights. Had it plugged in vag com and showed no faults, also checked fuses and nothing. Totally stumped. Anyone else had...
  4. Aftermarket Head Unit Options

Removed my factory fitted rnse and installed an alpine ILX700, all the steering wheel controls work apart from the speech button and the top section to the drivers information display....
  5. Wire in door snapped.

Same thing happened mine in the passenger rear door, I went to local breakers and he gave me a section of engine wiring loom it had every thickness and colour I needed, was a right pain as loads of the wires were on their last thread of wire so was more work than I expected
  6. Mats for 2005 model

I ordered a set on eBay 3 months ago and they are a good fit, front middle and boot. Let me know if you haven't got any yet and I will try and look up the seller for you..
  7. Aftermarket head unit fitting issues

Hi, Hopefully somebody can help... I just plugged in an aftermarket pioneer avic 940bt which went on and off several times then failed to come on at all. I then unplugged it and plugged the original seat unit back in and it won't work at all. Now I have loads of strange electrical issues...
  8. Alhambra head unit

Hi all, I've just got a 2008 alhambra and plan to replace the standard double din factory stereo with a pioneer double din this weekend.. Can anyone tell me if I will to by a cage, or will the pioneer fit in without one? Many thanks.
  9. VW massaging emission figures

Ok apologies if this is a stupid question, but can they un-map it back to standard? I have the same car but haven't gone near the dealers for the service action yet....
  10. No radio reception in replacement exeo

I had the same problem, if you check this on any audi forum you will see no shortage of replies... they used the same system in the b7's. the most common fault seems to be the antenna circuit board cracking with the extreme temperature differences. follow tonyuk's instructions above, its located...
  11. Iphone 5 and rnse

I use the ipod dock in the glove box for my iPhone 4, but as everybody says it is pretty rubbish no album/track info and my phones plugged in it really drops the radio reception. I would use the sd slots but I could never understand how the files need to be organised and reading the instruction...
  12. Bye Bye DPF

When I said I hadn't predicted the Eco eliment I was simply stating I had not considered the particulate argument or the associated health studies, I was not as you stated using it as a dirty word. It's one thing to offer opinions on modifications, quite another to assume I'm the sort of person...
  13. Bye Bye DPF

Cheers I was worried I had said something! I thought maybe I would have had replies from people that have had it done, hadn't predicted eco eliment....
  14. Bye Bye DPF

Sorry I'm lost, who's out of turn?
  15. Bye Bye DPF

What did I say???
  16. Bye Bye DPF

Absolutely sir!
  17. Bye Bye DPF

Yeah I figure if it's OK for VAG to lie shamelessly about emissions and get away with it then the government wouldn't mind just one more chancer...
  18. Bye Bye DPF

It is totally illegal but the DPF casing will still be there it's only the filter inside that's being removed, a hole will be cut, filter element removed then welded back up again so it will only show up if the emissions are tested as everything will look standard in the engine bay when the...
  19. Bye Bye DPF

Well I've finally decided to take the plunge and get the DPF removed and a remap tomorrow...so knowing my luck the government will probably decide to start testing MOT emissions next week!! Will be interested to see the difference it makes...
  20. VW massaging emission figures

Now there's something I'd like for Christmas! I've been putting it off since this whole emissions thing kicked off..
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.