Search results

1. cupra_ad

Steering rack gaiter/boot

Guys, My cupra has been in for an MOT today and failed due to one of the boots being split. They quoted me £180 to fix?!?! The part is only about £15 but they said that to get to the boot theyd need to take off the cat and part of the exhaust and take the whole steering column off? Is this...
  2. cupra_ad

stuttering!

How much it cost u mate? Hopefully its just the one that needs replacing!!
  3. cupra_ad

stuttering!

my ibiza cupra has developed a stutter today. started only when rev's were above 3500, now its all the time including on idling! any clues as to what it might be? checked all the pipes etc nothing is loose... could it be a coilpack? car still drives but continues to stutter! Also if...
  4. cupra_ad

Ticking when cold

Would the injectors make this noise if the car was due a service.. oil change? As it's due one...
  5. cupra_ad

Ticking when cold

Started to notice a fairly loud ticking/whining noise when starting my ibiza cupra up. Checked the service history and it has the belt changed at 61k, now on 93k.. is it like to be this? Don't want it snapping on me!!! I saw a few threads about a ticking noise when the bonnet is up, but I...
  6. cupra_ad

Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

My pedal snapped the other day so my garage has welded it back up but the mechanic snapped the White clip when putting it back on. Now they're saying they can't buy just the clip and it's going to cost 28 quid for the whole pedal!! Now the pedal is fine and welded up ready to go back on the...
  7. cupra_ad

Rear end not sitting correctly!

I've noticed today that my rear end of my cupra isn't sitting quite right. The passenger side is sitting about .5 - 1 inch lower than the drivers. Anybody any idea what is likely to cause this or could it be a million and one things? Springs/struts look ok from what I can see.
  8. cupra_ad

Water damage

Hit the water fairly slowly, 10mph id say, not too sure thought it kinda happened in a flash and then boom she died.
  9. cupra_ad

Water damage

thanks fellas I wipped the spark plugs out and turned the engine over, got a little bit of steamy smoke but only tiny bit, the plugs were dirty so just cleaned them all up. Took the air filter out and put it in the airing cupboard to dry it out, and dryed the box out coz it was soaked...
  10. cupra_ad

Water damage

Yesterday I went through a flood about 1 foot deep because there was no other way to get from where I was visiting. Got through the flood perfectly fine but then about 15 yards down the road the engine just died. Managed to get her started again after about 30 mins and a lot of smoke was...
  11. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

nah shouldnt be a problem as long as they are primed well and only do a light coat of paint first then two more proper coats.... well this is what im hoping! i'll post come pics on sat when I should have one done haha takes a long time to prep!
  12. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

if you ask me again in a few days i'll be able to tell you if they're easy to spray. i'm currently now refurbishing my supert's 17" in white. sanded one down and filled today imagine they'll be easy to spray as long as you prime them properly first
  13. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

nice one sounds like a plan to me! just looked at your car thread, looking hot mate
  14. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

ok mate nice one think im gona go for it! start them tonight! any idea how many tins of primer/paint/lacquer i'll need for 4 17" alloys... they're currently silver so will need a fair few coats i expect! all i'll need then is new stickers :P ha
  15. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

also where can I get the spray paint from mate? any suggestions?
  16. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

thats not too bad i could do one a night prep then spray them all on the weekend or something! might be a stupid question but when i spray them would i need to lay them like you have in the pics do the fronts then when dry do the backs? or what? :S
  17. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

wow they actually look really good! how many hours did they take? I'm considering doing them myself but just not sure whether I have the balls! If its a weekend job i'll do them!
  18. cupra_ad

Oz SuperT's colour?

I've just bought a set of SuperT's second hand and I'm thinking of refurbishing them and spraying white. Does anyone know the name of the white colour that they are? Cheers!
  19. cupra_ad

DS2500's

The discs arent in great condition, will need changing soon but I'm literally skint at the mo its insurance time of the year! I'll get the discs uprated next. Any suggestions to go with them? Not looking to spend a fortune, just enough to make braking a little better than the stock.
  20. cupra_ad

DS2500's

Can't find the answer to this question.... probably a stupid one but I'm not clued up with the mechanical side of cars... Are these pads ok to use with the standard discs on a Cupra? In time I'll probs upgrade the discs too but can't afford to right now and need new pads!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.