Search results

1. andycupra

Fully charged car and then it starts the engine!

surprising this one, but a short look finds that many manufacturers have the same issue. with one or two have a dedicated mode to keep it in electric for when you want to move to car a little bit only. I cant find the reasons why the ICE starts often, but i can't help thinking its to do with...
  2. andycupra

Alarm chirp volume

i know.
  3. andycupra

Alarm chirp volume

on my MK1, you could also change the alarm sound, for example i could set it to Asia and the alarm sound was different, - useful to have it different as if you heard it you knew if was your car alarm.
  4. andycupra

Alarm chirp volume

glad i don't live next door. some countries don't allow arm/unarm chirps. I can understand you wanting it louder, but if everyone thought the same it would become annoying. my current car had chirps and i turned them off, - you soon adapt. If you did want to change then in the past...
  5. andycupra

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

honestly sounds like a poor job done. sadly. many people over the years have done the job and its simply not worked. im not 100% sure the butyl is the best and easilest thing to work with. cleaning and clearing off the old stuff is difficult but something to spend time doing. water on the...
  6. andycupra

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

also depends exactly where the leak is. for example, you could have a leak at the rear of the front door, and that would leak into the rear footwell. Been many years since i had my Mk1, but if i remember correctly the front and read footwells are separated by a raised section/wall on the floor...
  7. andycupra

Astronomical insurance quote on ST300!!

just go elsewhere. or call them. they try this with renewals as many just go with it. although there has been an increase for insurance overall
  8. andycupra

Cruise control issue

its a good call to mention the brake or clutch switch. but also note that this may not show as a fault. for example if the clutch pedal is not quite returning 1005 to the top it simply doesn't register on the switch, this wont show as a fault, rather the cruise control will simply not work...
  9. andycupra

Question….

its normal. - relative humidity. colder air has less capacity to hold moisture. So particularly when washing a car, the headlight surfaces get cold and the air inside the headlight is cooled and the air inside reaches its 'dew point' and condensation occures. - much the same as you get in...
  10. andycupra

Legal advice & opinions please. Will never buy a Seat again. RESOLVED.

how old was the care when you brought it? was it sold with a warranty?
  11. andycupra

Heavy/stiff steering 2007 Seat Leon FR

tyres, tracking, bushes, bearings, can all contribute.
  12. andycupra

Cupra Born V3 - Salary Sacrifice Lease

compare it to your other option, - presumably running 2nd hand cars. then decide if its expensive/worth it.
  13. andycupra

Recommended tyres

michelin if after best tyre regardless. personally i am a fan of goodyear f1s - great tyre but not silly price
  14. andycupra

Diesel owner? Please read.

what's the typical journey that the car does? time taken / distance and speed. regen needs car to be fully up to temperature and ideally then run as revs above 2k so if its used for say drives of 6 miles then its never going to have a proper regen.
  15. andycupra

Sitting low

as above pic could be helpful. or unload the boot ;)
  16. andycupra

EU Speed limiter introduction

Will have to add it to the morning routine Start Stop - OFF Lane Departure - OFF Speed Limiter - OFF Traction Control - OFF Eco Advice - OFF Auto climate control - OFF Girlfriend/Wife/Partner - OFF
  17. andycupra

Formentor VZ3 - Leather Dashboard: Real or Faux??

even if real leather i'd not expect it to absorb water as surely it would be treated.
  18. andycupra

Electronic handbrake not releasing on Cupra Ateca

has it rained alot recently? sticking breaks is a common issue after rain or washing the car. PS i hate electronic handbrakes. give me a proper handbrake anyday
  19. andycupra

Issue... help needed

many cars now have dash that light up all of the time. - i remember when this was not the case, and i am sure the number of people driving when its dark with no lights on now is due to the dash always being illuminated. It may also be the case that when turning lights on the dash actually dims...
  20. andycupra

Petrol vs Diesel pro's and cons Leon ST.

i wouldn't say that an average of 30 miles per drive are short journeys and so i don't think excessive regens would be much of an issue. However, there is a general shift change with policies etc where diesels are becoming less favourable. if i were spending a significant amount on a car i'd be...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.