Search results

1. andycupra

where to buy replacement number plates

hi, i need to buy some new plates as the existing ones are looking tatty. I would like some plates that have discreet maker info / BS mark, prefer 'tinted' NO border or flag. any recommendations for a supplier, - one that is not going to charge me hugs amounts.. (halfords look good but not...
  2. andycupra

replacement turbo advice please

hi all, seeking to hear thoughts on options when replacing a worn out turbo. ok, so I have moved on to another brand (alfa) so this isn't Seat specific, but this is the only forum I like :) IE, Is it best to buy a brand new turbo of the original OEM brand? Garret: (circa £900) Refurbished...
  3. andycupra

does the mk3 have side impact protection / bars?

hi all, can anyone confirm if the mk3 leon, (2013 in this case) has side impact intrusion protection / side impact bars. Bit embarrassed i have not been able to find this out myself! A friend has damaged there rear door and has two garages telling them the other is lying regards the bar being...
  4. andycupra

new MOT user guidleline mean closer policing of aftermarket HIDs.

EDITED: In short, since 2011 aftermarket HID converted headlights were a fail as unless fitted with outo leveling and washing systems as per VOSA instructions. But as i understand it come may 2018 aftermarket HID conversions will be policed more closely.. There has been alot of discussions over...
  5. andycupra

programmable LED/ballast controllers

hi i'm planning a little project around LED lights to do with headlights/indicators. my plans involve a total of 6 LEDs which i need to be able to control individually, but also need to programme in some logic such as turning and reducing % power for specific LEDs when indicators are on...
  6. andycupra

richard hammond in another crash

seems Richard has been involved in another nasty looking accident while taking part in a hill climb event in Switzerland. Driving an electric car he has left the road and dropped a considerable distance the car has rolled and is now a burnt out wreck. BBC article showing burn out car below...
  7. andycupra

women ordered by court to pay private £24,500 parking fine

An interesting read. Seems a lady had continued to repeatedly park in the same spot believing that private parking tickets were not enforceable under UK law. Seems this isn't the case.. Note the case is Scottish but I assume the same applies in England/Wales...
  8. andycupra

the grand tour

hi all, surprised i could not find a thread discussion on 'The Grand tour'.. what are peoples thoughts? anyone spent money specifically to watch it? in my opinion, from the 3 shows i've seen i think this could be the next 'PPI scandal', - if i had paid for this i'd be seething, its...
  9. andycupra

Nico Rosberg retires after winning F1 title

if you had not heard Rosberg has retired from F1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38185846 whats peoples' thoughts on this? most pundits are saying this is a class act from a class man.. but i cant help to see it from a different point of view...
  10. andycupra

delete me

nothing to see here.
  11. andycupra

steering angle g85 sensor help please

hi, im looking for some help with a steering angle issue. bear with me: Leon cupra, 2000 with ESP. traction/ESP light came up on dash, using my scanner the code was 00788 I could reset this using the scanner, and the light would go out. but then come on within a few seconds - a...
  12. andycupra

tools needed for rear caliper

hi all, ok so im going to change read pads/disks on my 2000 leon cupra. no problem there been there done that, However anybody know what tools i need to change the calipers also? I have a wind back tool, so am i correct the only sticking point may be the right size allen key? anyone know...
  13. andycupra

wing mirror help please (2000)

hi all, some morons having a fight next to my car wiped out my passenger wing mirror. Not too difficult to replace but: the mirror i've removed has TWO sets of wires, one is a 7 pin female loom and the other is a smaller 4 pin male loom. I can find examples which have just the female...
  14. andycupra

TOP GEAR like the new leon shocker!

hello all, i was just running through the latest TOP GEAR magazine and i stumbled on an article about the new Leon FR, oh no hear we go... but no, i was pleased to read a complimentary write up, in fact they loved it. a few quotes: "finally the VW Groups's Spanish outfit has a car worth...
  15. andycupra

winter checks to do NOW

hello all. just thought id put something together now that winter is setting in with wet and cold/freezing weather. Below are some checks, both general advice and points more applicable to the seat group from past experiences.. Please add anything i have not included or links to useful...
  16. andycupra

alternative supplier for this vacuum pipe? 06A103221C

hi, Part number is 06A103221C and the local dealer wants £30 which seems a bit steep.. Is there an alternative or cheaper supplier you can recommend? Its a vacuum pipe connected to the underside of the inlet manifold and is an elongated 'S' shape. see here...
  17. andycupra

pics of new seat leon 2012/13

hi all, a new 'roomier' seat leon is on its way; see link below for some pics: front 3/4 shot: http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/new-seat-leon-for-2012-2013#image=1 front: http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/new-seat-leon-for-2012-2013#image=8 rear...
  18. andycupra

Rear ABS sensor change, - easy DIY job?

Hi all, Ive got an ABS warning, (intermitent) and fault coding it points towards the offside rear. After a couple of calls to my usual garages ive had the usual 'ooo we cant price that it could be anything..' (the sound of cash registers ringing in the background) So id like to...
  19. andycupra

Weitec / KW differences?

hello, im looking at either Weitec or KW 50/40 suspension. (LCR with ARBs front and rear) The KW cost slightly more, but forgetting the price differences what are the actual differences? I get told 'the KW are slightly better quality' which i understand, but what i am interested in is...
  20. andycupra

New suspension needed for LCR, suggestions please for comfortable ride.

hi, I have a LCR which currently has bilstein coilovers fitted with front and rear neuspeed ARBs. a great combo, maybe a touch firmer than perfect. Sadly the bilsteins have failed, and unfortunately i cant get theses replaced under the lifetime warranty. Therefore i am looking to get...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.