Search results

1. RpR

Stock Cupra 280 power

V-Power 99, occationally 100 when i shop in Germany ;)
  2. RpR

Stock Cupra 280 power

5225km / ~3200miles
  3. RpR

Stock Cupra 280 power

I've seen some do close to 400 already, also seen one or two blown turbos on a french forum :rofl: I hope within a few years, tuners know how much to push them without the turbo or DSG self imploding! My old Ibiza FR 1.8T went from 150 to 238 with just a Forge FMIC and Milltek exhaust (and a...
  4. RpR

Stock Cupra 280 power

Aww just short of 300 :P You get used to the power real quick, so yea, at some point a remap is comming I guess. Probably somewhere after the 2 year waranty is gone anyway :)
  5. RpR

Stock Cupra 280 power

So I went on the dyno earlier today: 305hp, 419nm :1st: Running V-Power 99 Octane of course :) Anyone even seen one do under 300hp stock?
  6. RpR

DSG reset on Leon Cupra 280

No one?
  7. RpR

First 1000 miles - thoughts?

I usually stick to driving like a nanny the first 1000km, then give it the beans. It's much more important that you let the engine reach operating temperature (80-120c oil) and let it cool down before turning it off if driving it hard.
  8. RpR

DSG reset on Leon Cupra 280

Would like to do a DSG reset on my Cupra, as it tends to be a bit jerky when gearing down when braking, comming to a stop at the lights / roundabout. However, the instructions on the Rosstech wiki seem outdated :( They say to enter the auto-trans, basic settings, group 061. My VCDS however...
  9. RpR

Stop / Start wear

That's what i thought. Does save immense amounts of fuel round town! With current pricing for V-Power, it might even be a good deal even if I have to replace the starter every second year or so.... :P I still don't quite understand why they don't disable it temporarely, when the turbo is red...
  10. RpR

Stop / Start wear

Not trying to start WW3 here, I've read all the opinions regarding using stop / start systems (and disabled it on my MK3 Cupra 280), but has anyone actually seen or heard firsthand, about someone wearing out the startermotor or big-end mainbearings on an engine designed for start / stop? I'm...
  11. RpR

My old Ibiza FR exported

Hi folks! Sold my 2007 Ibiza FR 1.8 20VT two months ago, and looks like it got exported: http://www.nummerplade.net/soeg/?regnr=yt23953 If it ends up with any of you guys, take good care of the old girl! :)
  12. RpR

DSG for Cupra or not?

Idle in M is only higher if it's initially in S, in D it'll stick to 750rpm. Shifts are also less likely to be done by interrupting the ignition (the farting sound when shifting under power) in D. I can't put nearly the same amount of speed into a corner with it in D, it's soft and...
  13. RpR

DSG for Cupra or not?

It does: The idle is higher, ride stiffens up. That's all part of "S mode", also if you stick it into manual afterwards. Try some vigorous cornering or a brisk ride over cobblestones, you should be able to feel quite a difference :P
  14. RpR

Removing rear Cupra badge

I'm not removing mine, there's currently only 4 5F Cupra's registered in Denmark, I don't mind people knowing it means business :)
  15. RpR

DSG for Cupra or not?

I got me a DSG, haven't regretted it yet! You really get used to the ease it's bobbing about in traffic. As mentioned earlier, it's a bit of a split personality if you flick it from comfort into cupra. I like Cupra with the shifter in manual when going for a joyride :) Anyone else noted the...
  16. RpR

Cupra 280 modifications.

It'll suffice. If you can be bothered, try a dyno with stock intake and VWR, and post the results. I've seen HP drops on each and every aftermarket filter, compared to the stock paper filter. If you change the entire induction, including turbo inlet pipe, it's another story.
  17. RpR

Cupra 280 modifications.

The fact they sell "High flow panel filters" says all I need to know
  18. RpR

Cupra 280 modifications.

You can fit all the intakes in the world on this car, and apart from the sound (which I can totally relate to), it won't make any difference. At. All. However, how someone can look at bog cheap lowering springs and even remotely assume they'll somehow improve on the ride compared to stock DCC...
  19. RpR

APR or REVO?? Cupra 280

380hp / 550nm i believe, on the high output files. I'm waiting around a bit to see how other cars fare, before i decide on anything. I mean, it's not exactly a slug now is it :P
  20. RpR

Rear LED replacing Halogen

If it's genuine parts, I wouldn't be surprised if they need coding done to work properly. Aftermarket LED like Dectane will work as a direct replacement, as they put all the regulating electronics into the light's casing. Basicly, the car can't tell it's LED, and all is well :)
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.