Search results

1. VAG Diesels Rul

Replacing wing mirror

Thanks mate.Will have a go tomorrow.
  2. VAG Diesels Rul

Replacing wing mirror

Hi guys, I am replacing the nearside wing mirror on my 51 plate Leon. I'm not entirely sure how to remove the old one. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  3. VAG Diesels Rul

changing brake discs and pads

Hi, I am thinking of changing the front discs and pads on my Leon mk 1 1.9tdi 110. I was just wondering if the discs were held on by bolts or do they just come off once you have removed the wheel and the caliper and pads. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
  4. VAG Diesels Rul

metal clips on door seal

This is a pic of the clips I am talking about, [/IMG]
  5. VAG Diesels Rul

metal clips on door seal

Hi. I have recently had to take apart the plastic trim by the bottom of the door seal and not all the metal clips that attach the plastic to the body are there. I was just wondering if anybody knew where I could get some more clips from.I took some pics but couldnt work out how to upload the...
  6. VAG Diesels Rul

advice on servicing

Thanks mate.Will try it later. Cheers
  7. VAG Diesels Rul

advice on servicing

Thanks for that Ben. Not sure if I'm being stupid but what's an "Italian tune up"? Thanks for all the other advice.Much appreciated. Jon
  8. VAG Diesels Rul

advice on servicing

Hi, I have got Leon 1.9tdi 110bhp with nearly 97,000k on the clock and was looking to buy a mk 5 Golf GT TDI but decided against it and now I have decided to run my Leon into the ground.I want to give it a good service though as it is nearing the 100,000k mark.It had its cambelt changed at 56k...
  9. VAG Diesels Rul

wanting to remap 2001 Leon 110 for economy.

Another thing.I have just looked on,www.tdi-tuning.co.uk and they sell a DIY kit.I was wondering if this is a good idea as it is a bit cheaper but maybe it might be more sensible to pay a bit more and get a pofessional to do it. What do people think? Any feedback is much appreciated. Cheers
  10. VAG Diesels Rul

wanting to remap 2001 Leon 110 for economy.

Hi all, I was looking to re map my leon more for economy rather than raw power.I have looked on a few websites and on average it looks like it costs on average about £200. I was wondering if there was any recommendations on a good company and if there was any advice aswell. Thanks very much.
  11. VAG Diesels Rul

Gearbox oil change

cheers guys.will take a look after the f1 qualifying.
  12. VAG Diesels Rul

Gearbox oil change

I want to change the gearbox oil on my 51 reg diesel leon.I know its not very hard but im not sure where you drain the oil out.Seeing as there's no Haynes manual I'm not sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
  13. VAG Diesels Rul

front passenger window switch replacement

I need to replace the front passengers side window switch.I have looked on a few websites and even fleabay but I can't find one anywhere.Anyone know any sites that sell one. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  14. VAG Diesels Rul

slight play in steering rack

Hi, My car recently had its' MOT and everything was fine apart from they gave me an advisory on my steering rack,saying quote,"Slight play in N/S of steering rack".When I drive along and go over bumps or pot holes you can hear a vague knocking as if something is a bit loose. I was just...
  15. VAG Diesels Rul

aura head unit stuff!!!

Hi., I have been looking to change my aura favtory head unit to a sony head unit that allows me to play my ipod but I have just found this, http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects-ctvstx001-seat-ibiza-leon-input-adapter-interface-p-8762.html It looks like it will do the job but before I...
  16. VAG Diesels Rul

head unit change

Thanks guys.Willtake a look today.
  17. VAG Diesels Rul

head unit change

I have got a standard aura head unit with a 6 disc cd changer and I want to change it for a sony head unit.Is there adaptors I can get so i can connect the cars connectors to the new sony head unit as they don't match up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
  18. VAG Diesels Rul

is my engine a pd engine

thanks mate.much appreciated
  19. VAG Diesels Rul

is my engine a pd engine

Hi, I'm sure this question is asked all the time.Sorry.Is my 2001 1.9tdi seat leon a pump dusse(pd) engine?If so I am getting the general feeling is to use 505.1 oil.Is this correct?Any help much appreciated
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members