Search results

1. realneal00_0

Pothole Damage

I did less damage on a kerb in icy weather. Cost me £230 for a new cupra wheel, £40 for alignment, £275 for a new lower suspension arm and apparently the 'cradle' if now off by 2mm which means I'll have to take it to the stealers. still likely to be cheaper than an insurance claim!
  2. realneal00_0

Grip in snow

My cupra is awful n snow, combination of wide and low profile tyres plus lots of torque. Tyres were new in November. Kerbed an alloy just before Xmas at about 5mph skidding side on. Cost £500 for new wheel and lower suspension arm. Cupra parts ain't cheap!
  3. realneal00_0

Service Question

storm bay, how did you reset the service indicator light? was it... "holding in the odometer button and turning the ignition on and then twisting the button ..."? This method doesn't seem to work on my mk 2 cupra.
  4. realneal00_0

Cupra tyre choice.

I've been thinking about replacing my owrn front P-zeros for Eagle F1s. Is there any reason I can't put Eagles on the front and keep the Pirellis on the back two since the tread is still fine? One tyre place I spoke to seemed to think this may cause handling difficulties because they are...
  5. realneal00_0

Cupra tyre choice.

Anybody disagree and think they have any make that is 'better' than Eagle F1s. In my Pirelli Pzero Rossos I found aquaplaning quite common. what sort of mileage in normal use can you expect from Eagle F1s? are they as durable as Pzeros?
  6. realneal00_0

Cupra tyre choice.

Hello gents. My mk2 Cupra will soon be needing some new front tyres after 18500miles. Is anyone getting many more miles from a front set with normal driving than that? Has anybody got a recommendation as to what brands i should go for? price vs performance vs durability? At the moment i...
  7. realneal00_0

Clutch

Well impressed then. It obviously wasn't the dealer I got mine from.
  8. realneal00_0

MS DESIGN spoilers

I was more interested in the front and rear diffuser/spoilers. I already have the aero skirts and rear spoiler and was wondering whether the other bits from this kit would look ok or original on my car.
  9. realneal00_0

MS DESIGN spoilers

Hi guys. Just interested to know if anybody has put any of this rare body kit on their Cupra? Love to see what it looks like on a real car. Cheers guys.
  10. realneal00_0

cupra r or do I go for the mk2 cupra

djhorace knows his stuff no doubt. sod the figures. get in a mk2 cupra and put your foot down. i'll be surprised if you'll go near an LCR... I think they are leagues apart. the styling, in my opinion, is awesome but it's the acceleration and stability of the mk2 LC that'll make up your mind...
  11. realneal00_0

Bluefin or Skirts & Spoiler

I put the skirts and spoiler on my Cupra. I heard on here that it didn't affect your insurance so i put the parts on and was happily driving around for a couple of months without knowing the insurance implications. when i renewed my insurance all companies i checked and through gocompare.com saw...
  12. realneal00_0

Pics of Supersprint exhaust for Cupra needed

Is this supersprint catback system the absolute dogs in quality and sound? I looked into getting one as above but its not very cheap at all - it seems to be about 2 and a half times the cost of a milltek catback at about £800+.
  13. realneal00_0

Nokia 5800

i found the same problem with my mk 2 leon cupra. the bluetooth works but it will not display any contacts, address book or call logs... any idea? is it likely the dealers will be able to update this. it seems the only person that has had this phone working with a cupra owns a cupra K1. could it...
  14. realneal00_0

Having trouble getting my address book up

Yeah I had a nokia 6300 last and that worked fine - its annoying.
  15. realneal00_0

is there anyway around this? software upgrade for either phone or car? or anything else?
  16. realneal00_0

Hi guys. I wonder if anyone can help me. I just got a new mobile phone (Nokia 5800) and although it works in my car I can't seem to get the address book to load. What do i have to do? my first phone was set up by the garage and i seem to remember it took a fair while to load the names of...
  17. realneal00_0

Bluefin ordered at last

This is a great idea! Also be nice (if it were to happen) that it could be held somewhere north of manchester!
  18. realneal00_0

btcc kit or aero kit or k1 kit

I wondered for while about what bodywork to get as the Cupra doesn't stand out from the others in the range like the R32 does from the VW range so I decided on skirts and spolier. Don't regret it at all...
  19. realneal00_0

Hill Hold Control

What about using the handbrake? I've never understood the point in this.
  20. realneal00_0

Big exhaust discussion hopefully...

Jetex do a right and left oval exhaust catback too. has anybody got one of these or know what they sound like? are they decent quality? seem to be about the same price as milltek so how do they compare?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members