Search results

1. 1.8T Dump Valve Please help

ok, can I assume then my maf is mapped out, as it runs with more power on atmo, and that its now a bad idea to run recirc, and that it would be worth refitting atmo and running a boost check, to see if safe, then leave it on atmo, it is noticeably slower on recirc. Cheers Chris
  2. 1.8T Dump Valve Please help

mmm my car was fitted with an atmo valve when I bought it, and it ran fine, but all I read said these engines don't like atmo valves, so reinstated a standard recirculating valve, result a LOSS in power, I am happier that the engine is running safely though, so have left recirc on, as it is...
  3. Holed Sump AUQ

Yeah that makes sense right colour and thickness, and the dipstick tube looks in good nick for 2001 car, so likely has been replaced, will stop panicking lol, thanks for that Cheers Chris
  4. Holed Sump AUQ

New sump all fitted, the pick up up pipe looked fairly new, so quick clean just in case, the old sump had some small fragments of orange/brown plastic lying in the bottom, any ideas where that might have come from Cheers Chris
  5. Holed Sump AUQ

Ok new sump arrived, I like nice shiny things :) and the sealant, will be on it tomorrow, if this crap weather allows. Cheers Chris
  6. Suspension upgrade standard height

Dosen't the uprated rear roll bar, sit quite a bit lower than standard one ? plus don't see how the front diving due to soft spring and damper rate, would be helped by ARB, or would it ? Cheers Chris
  7. Suspension upgrade standard height

Hi bouncerbeater, considering your name, and the subject matter, I would have thought you would have the proper answer to the problem right to hand, hyphon yep the shocks are not a problem, there are some Billies on the bay ideal for the job, would never fit Koni's, won't say why, could be sued...
  8. Suspension upgrade standard height

Hi hyphon, all the coilovers I have ever seen lower the car, it is the amount it can be lowered by that varies, usually in a range from 20mm-60mm, so when set at highest, the car is still 20mm lower than standard, plus the coilovers I could afford would be like having no suspension, have...
  9. Suspension upgrade standard height

Ok need to beef up my suspension, but absolutely cannot lower it, the car goes some very rough places, often at speed, it is Cupra 180 Y reg, are the R springs stiffer, know where there is a set, no good if they are lower, will an FR TDi set fit, wouldn't mind if it would sit 10mm higher, but...
  10. Holed Sump AUQ

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated, new sump ordered from the link, thanks ozaudio, also bought the special sealant from same source, only hope turbo survived running so low on oil, never had oil light flicker so here's hoping, is it right, there is no gasket, only a 1.5 mm bead of the...
  11. what have you done to your car today ?

Knocked a hole in my sump last night and lost most of the oil, does that count as having done something lol
  12. Holed Sump AUQ

Just knocked a small hole, or more like a crack near the drain plug, in my Cupra AUQ Sump, so A is it an easy job to get off, and what size and head type are the bolts, B whats the procedure with cleaning the oil strainer, in the sump, which I understand is a good idea, while its off, and D...
  13. Wheel bolt question?

didn't they go from 5x 100 to 5x 112 in 2005 or sometime near there, what year car are the new wheels coming off ?
  14. Looking for Wheels!

how much for the turbines matt 69
  15. NSF rattle fixed.

Bet your brakes will be better as well
  16. APR trial Remap

+1 for above definitely not on
  17. Fault code mayhem

Update on this one, managed to get use of a 4 post ramp today, to have a really good look underneath, and up back of engine, to see what I had damaged that caused this, turns out, the pre cat lambda sensor wiring had been pushed against the exhaust, had melted and shorted out , this caused all...
  18. Pagid discs and pads for LCR

Have Pagid OEM quality pads on front and rear of my Cupra with stage I map, standard 312 discs front, and standard rear, have really pasted the car, course opening on a rally, absolutely no issues, the standard brake set up is very good, just don't fit cheap factors pads, or e.bay crap. The...
  19. Fault code mayhem

Well I don't have heated seats, I am only going by the fuse listing on the cover, it is the far left fuse on the very bottom row of fuses, that is at the very bottom of fuse box, I have gone through every fuse with a meter, and all are ok other than the one described. Cheers Chris
  20. Fault code mayhem

Ok EML is back on, further investigations today, I have a fuse blown, bottom row far left of standard blade fuses, cover says fuse 44, replaced it, drove car short distance heard it snick, when it blew again, car faltered slightly, then picked up and drove fine again, any ideas what might be...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.