Search results

1. Fr insurance

31, 10 Years Protected NCB £700 Fully Comp with low business mileage with Esure in Bradford as renewal quote. Bradford BD1-BD15 postcodes are uninsurable so one insurance company told me. Next nearest was £300 more, with the average about £1500
  2. MFD3- Help Anyone?

I had the exact same thoughts when updating mine. I updated my Seat MFD3 from 0996 to 1026 using the firmware on one of the threads on here. This worked fine. Then I updated the Maps to the VW Seat 7.1. Apart from giving me a heart failure after updating when it thought I was in Germany, a...
  3. Sat Nav/stereo hard disc

Could just be the disks as some units don't like certain CD-R's or DVD-R's. I'd try another couple of disks first just to be certain
  4. Sat Nav/stereo hard disc

Hi Kara, try this Go to 'Media'>click on 'CD', go to 'Selection' in bottom right. This will take you to either select a single track on a normal cd or the tree on MP3 Disk. If you use the icon in the top left corner this will show the route of the CD to show all thats on it. Then click...
  5. Help! Problem installing 7.1 maps on RNS510

Looks like the first disk I tried has worked, as the map has updated but now it thinks the current position is in Germany???? Any ideas how to reset the GPS position?
  6. Sat Nav/stereo hard disc

Here's a link to a MF3 RNS510 Manual that I found helpful http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/manuals/RNS510-MFD3-Manual.pdf (Although this is the VW manual 95% of the instructions are the same)
  7. Changing the cd player.

Hi Jordan, The standard stereo covers the full double Din. You can order a replacement fascia to use a Single Din/Double Din unit from Dave @ Seremotors. They're not expensive about £10-15
  8. Help! Problem installing 7.1 maps on RNS510

Thanks Pub, will give 7.0 a go
  9. Help! Problem installing 7.1 maps on RNS510

Hi guys, I'm on Seat Firmware v1024 and I'm trying to upgrade my maps from v5 to V7.1 but experiencing a problem when installing. When the DVD is inserted I get the usual message about whether I want to Install Maps. On the next step I get an option to 'Temp' or 'Save' to the HDD. When I...
  10. RNS 510 /MFD3 Firmware

I have 0996 firmware on at present and I'm currently trying to update my maps from ref 6835, V5 I think to 7.1. I've got the maps burned to DVD, it recognises the disk, I get the install maps option but when I get the options 'Temp' or 'Save' maps nothing happens. Any ideas guys? Do I need to...
  11. Winter tyres

I can highly recommend the Marangoni HP Meteo's from Kwikfit. £423 fitted. The cars never felt so good to drive, so much grip even on the snow. Only problem I've got now is trying not to go flat out everywhere as before I would bunnyhop in 2nd/3rd where now it's instant traction and a lovely...
  12. Problem after problem with my FR

If it's the JCT 600 Garage in Menston, avoid them like the plague, there useless IMO. Go to Ted Johnson SEAT in Barnsley and they'll give you an honest opinion. They're worth the extra half hour on the journey
  13. After market BTCC

Has anyone purchased the kit from or used David Cook Motors in Oldham. They've got a listing on Ebay for £975 for FL or £875 pre-FL with painting £235 and another £150 for fitting, so from £1260 which doesn't sound too bad. (This price excludes the Exhaust). I'm tempted.
  14. S**t Service from SG PETCH

Have a look for SereMotors NI in the Seat Dealers Section. David's service is 1st Class. He's the only Parts manager I've ever dealt with that doesn't have a blank expression to any part you need. I don't bother with any local dealers now and just order from him. I'm sure they'll be another...
  15. Eibach Sportline Spring Kit Advise

Easty, I'm thinking of getting some soon. How much did you pay to fit them?
  16. Rns 510 Sat Nav ?

I used OEM to decode my Seat MFD3 and they were genuine guys
  17. Rns 510 Sat Nav ?

Ratty the Map disc should be the same as the VW disc. You can pick a genuine version up for £79 rather than the £200+ that dealers charge. See website link below. http://www.uvworldwide.co.uk/ice-navigation/v5-vw-seat-skoda-rns-510-dvd-navigation-map-disc-p-1824.html
  18. Rns 510 user guide

There's always this VW one to download from here: http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/?gclid=CNyahL2M86ICFRQ_lAodnTAekw It's virtually the same apart from the SD Card slot
  19. VAGCOM Help needed pairing MFD3 in West Yorkshire?

Thanks for all your help tonight Steve. Will definitely call you again.
  20. Anyone within the West Yorkshire area?!

I can vouch for Steve, he knows his stuff and a nice guy too
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.