Search results

1. keirravn

Annoying intermittent immobiliser fault

hey kellybee, when i did mine i didnt disconnect the battery (although its probably a good idea lol) anyway no you dont have to worry about the mileage or the code on the keys, as far as i know there is a seperate ecu (might be wrong) which stores the dash info and key code and you dont...
  2. keirravn

need new wipers

tesco sells 16 18 19 20 21 22 inch flat blades for 6 quid each, i use them they work fine ;)
  3. keirravn

is my alternator dead?

my first course of action would be just speaking to a mechanic/auto electro/Seat mechanic. if you go round to a couple of places, especially those that work specifically on VAGs, and explain the symptoms someone may have an answer for you, i would defo go to at least a couple of places though...
  4. keirravn

is my alternator dead?

doesnt sound like an alternator to me mate, i think apples right its more likely to be a wiring problem. when alternator goes you will usually get a battery warning light (constant) and the car will run fine untill your battery runs out of juice. easy alternator check - park facing a wall/car...
  5. keirravn

leon alternator belt change - how?

ps whilst the old belt is off take the opportunity to spin/try wobble all the wheels it attaches to, check for any play/dry bearings etc. i had a whiney/worn out aux belt noise that turned out to be the alternator clutch assembly, so worth checking everything, if you find anything is...
  6. keirravn

leon alternator belt change - how?

hi mate, assuming its the same as an lcr (most modern cars auxilary (spell!) belts work in the sameish way anyway) then ye super easy, just a bit of a fiddle! open the bonnet and look for the tensioner on the belt, its a short arm with a roller on the end pressing the belt, on lcr its just...
  7. keirravn

1.8T can I remove the centre exhaust box?

did this on LCR's milltek system, no performance from it but a much better sound. to do it you have to get a piece of exhaust pipe with an internal diameter which is 1-3 mil bigger than the external of your existing pipe. the milltek is 70 mm e/d i got stainless pipe with 76mm ed and wall...
  8. keirravn

Decat on standard exhaust

hey mate, this isnt really a direct answer to your question, but i discovered recently i have a milltek cat back system on my LCR, and decided to remove the resonated (first silencer box) section, made a big difference to the sound, i know there is someone on here that has removed their...
  9. keirravn

need new wipers

dunno like mate, i think your better with the 18 i had a 19 passenger one for a year (flat blade) it worked OK but because it overlapped the screen a little (sat on the rain gutter) it ended up missing about 3 inches of the windscreen. so more = less lol, your better with the right size mate
  10. keirravn

need new wipers

front drivers 21 inch front passenger 18 inch. rear? you get a new wiper with the fabia conversion anyway lol
  11. keirravn

need new wipers

iv been using flat blades from tescos for the last year, need replacing now and il prob just use the same again as they seem pretty good to me, 6 or 8 quid each, cant complain! they do sit a little high as per lee69 pic but it doesn't bother me. only problem i ever had with these is when...
  12. keirravn

Leon interior front LED install

of course mine arent white per se lol the camera doesnt really do it justice, but i reckon they look nice, im well aware they are ever so slighty chav though :duck:
  13. keirravn

What tyres do you have?

i run uniroyal rainsport 2's on my stage 1 LCR cant fault them, not overly expensive, last 10-15 k (lots of town/fast) great grip in the dry and phenomenal in the wet
  14. keirravn

Leon interior front LED install

looks much better than standard bud, iv got some leds in mine too il post a pic in a wee while
  15. keirravn

Tell tail signs of wheel bearings...

o well you learn something new every day i guess :shrug: and no noise when spinning the wheel either? il probably have to eat my hat or some such when one of my bearings go, il post back then lol. im also wondering how many people will become paranoid to there bearings going after reading...
  16. keirravn

i could be wrong but i think a wheel bearing is a wheel bearing, the first stage of it going is that the bearing will dry out at which point, like any dry bearing, it will make a noise. after the bearing has been run dry for a while it will begin to detiorate, at which point it will make more...
  17. keirravn

Rolling road results help?

will they defo check the ecu as part of the service? post back when you do get to the bottom of it, i hope whatever it is is easy and cheap bud
  18. keirravn

bit off topic here, but what like are the khumos?
  19. keirravn

a loss of traction would defo give you a dip (or spike on a digital dyno), could be caused by various things, on my last rr star performance thought my clutch was slipping, but it turned out they were spraying the cooling water onto the front d side wheel by accident :clap: i dont think wheel...
  20. keirravn

hey mate, lol 5 extra horses? lucky man! is the car completely standard? no induction etc? im sure i read somewhere that the BHP varies slightly from individual car to car, so if thats the case you got a good one! as to the dip, my mapped LCR has one which is apparently (according to a top...