Search results

1. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

Getting a huge 4" green filter and reducer to get some better airflow :)
  2. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

Yeh i was thinking that! :) Waiting on a pcmcia serial port arriving so i can use a serial cable to do logging. Once i've got that i'll do a dry run on the same road. I'll need to do it on a flat road this time too, as the one i used last night was slightly uphill. I'm assuming airflow will be...
  3. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

BTW, weird you mention full throttle, i had foot to the floor the whole time for the 4th gear pull. Possibly need to do a throttle body reset?
  4. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

Hmm well that is interesting, thanks for that. I think the boost is perhaps a bit high, and by the looks of it the turbo is very capable. It's only covered 12k miles so i'm thinking the turbo is doing a good job, plus it also seems to hold 1.2 bar at 5400 rpm so it's positive on that front i...
  5. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

new filter required perhaps?
  6. pekingprawn

AUM Engine?

yeh, new logs, new figures :(
  7. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

Indeed. I was borrowing a cable from someone last night so i'm awaiting my serial pcmcia card so i can use another cable i have. Traction control was turned off mind you, but i do need a dry run, as those maf figures seem very low to me and im not happy about maxing out the boost sensor at...
  8. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

I'm running the Evolution Motorsports V-Flow Intake with a custom dual airfeed from the bumper pods. I would have thought that 187 g/s is a little low? I've not had the car rolling roaded but its stage 3 custom code mapped and was hoping it was pushing circa 270 bhp and 290 lbft of torque, im...
  9. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

yeh sorry about that :ban: this time i found a longer stretch of road but it was still pretty wet. tried going from third, kept spinning, changed into 4th, was still spinning but i held out as long as i could but alas couldnt get to redline as i ran out of road again! Group A...
  10. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

Managed to clear the fault codes, and the only ones that come back are the two rear lambda probe faults, which is fine. Anyway, i got a chance to do a quick log, couldnt redline it as the road wasnt long enough and it was soaking wet but i got this... Group A: '002 Group...
  11. pekingprawn

AUM Engine?

I run an AUM bottom end on my k04 golf and its weaker than a BAM bottom end apparently, but good for 280hp and but more than 290lb ft of torque. I'm running 1.33 bar overboost spike and 1.1 bar (roughly) held to redline so i'm just within the safe limit, but it's a grey area as not many AUMs...
  12. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

yeh, i dont have the cable / vagcom and the guy who does isnt going to be around for a few days. I'll try and get a cable and hard copy of the logs tomorrow and see where im at. Thing is, i had a headlight go out and my wipers went really slowly last night so i have a funny feeling theres an...
  13. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

Cant do that im afraid... and i dont want to run the car while ive got short to grounds on the injectors - bit dangerous I've been told fuel pump relay may be the source of the short to ground faults? So far i've worked out that my: lambda faults are fine since im running a decat with no post...
  14. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

also i meant to say, i've done the n249 and n112 bypass and when i was doing the logging runs i could hear MUCH more air being pushed (possible boost leak) out the drivers side window. i thought this was dodgy, since the car might be making much more than 1.3 bar but only reading as 1.3 due to...
  15. pekingprawn

Overboost logging

Was out logging my k04-023 golf gti at lunchtime to find out if i still had an overboosting problem. Tested with the n75 unplugged electrically and car was making 7psi which shows me the actuator and wastegate seems fine.. N75 plugged back in, car was requesting and making 1.3 bar which...
  16. pekingprawn

K04 023 Question

thanks bill much appreciated on another note, do you recommend i chuck on a powerflex dogbone mount now that i'm k04'd? I've already got powerflex on all other bushes. sorry OP for the thread hijack, proper k04 info should be kept within k04 searches :)
  17. pekingprawn

K04 023 Question

Bill, out of interest i have 2 questions (apologies to the OP but it may be of help) What EGT's would you expect to see on my golf setup, ie stock k04-023 running at pretty much its max safe(ish) boost? I've actually plugged my EGT sensor position with a threaded high temp bolt so if you reckon...
  18. pekingprawn

K04 023 Question

CR turbos are fantastic, mark is a legend, he's given me a huge amount of advice and pointers long before i even got them to do any work! You're prob right on EGT's, extended use will have the highest EGT's but it wont ever fluctuate too much higher than the already fairly extreme temps that...
  19. pekingprawn

K04 023 Question

I agree, if the engine you have usually takes a reading from the sensor, i wouldnt run without it. Ive also been told that in terms of EGT's, mapping temps will be very indicative of the range the car will experience during its lifetime. The ECU will adapt, so if anything EGT's are more likely...
  20. pekingprawn

any ko4 - gurus - help needed after conversion!

mapping / fuelling might be out. i havent got my map finished yet and i have to leave my MAF disconnected otherwise my car fully shits itself. out of interest what fuel pump and FPR you running? just for the sake of running the car around, im running a 3 bar pump, LCR injectors and 4 bar fpr...