Search results

1. Ovni_cupraR

Thinking about selling my pride and joy !

Im in the same situation mate, i started a new job a couple of months ago and petrol alone was costing me £100 a week, so had to make the decision to put my lcr up for sale. I know its only a car but it was such a hard decision because i thought I'd never sell it. I've got a golf gt tdi 130 now...
  2. Ovni_cupraR

Lumpy idle advice needed

Is there any significance in the fact that when I unplug the MAF it runs fine? And when I plug it back in it idles lumpy again and the vac fluctuates. Or would it still be doing this even if it wasn't the MAF sensor at fault?
  3. Ovni_cupraR

Lumpy idle advice needed

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has an idea of what is causing my car to idle like a bag of s***t :confused: Basically I had my lcr remapped in May and had to have new coilpacks, MAF sensor and pipes replaced under the manifold. It made good power on the rollers after but since then my idle has...
  4. Ovni_cupraR

My LCR sounds like its electric powered!!

Probably your power steering fluid low, mine did the exact same thing when it got low, got really loud too
  5. Ovni_cupraR

Where did the LCR splitter group buy go?

Oh how come? I thought there's been loads of group buys in the past? I was going to get a splitter from the dealers this week then saw the group buy, looks like its £36 now :cry: lol
  6. Ovni_cupraR

Where did the LCR splitter group buy go?

Just wondering where the thread went from earlier about the group buy lcr splitter, was it against the forum rules? I can't find it anywhere :confused:
  7. Ovni_cupraR

Temp Gauge Dropping?!

Cheers mate
  8. Ovni_cupraR

Full respray, how much?

I suppose it depends on what your standards are, personally i'd be more than happy with a standard looking finishg so long as all the panels are matching, nothing fancy
  9. Ovni_cupraR

Temp Gauge Dropping?!

Would it also be the thermostat if the gauge is taking a long time (8-10 miles) to get up to 90? Also to op, if it isnt the thermostat it might be the temp sensor, i had the same problems as you last year so changed the temp sensor and it solved the problem.
  10. Ovni_cupraR

Different gains using different throttle techniques

I've wondered this as well, in 2nd if you boot it I'd say its quicker than feeding it in, but in say 4th/5th at around 2000rpm it feels better feeding the throttle than just planting your foot. I wonder if it would make a difference if say there was two lcr's side by side cruising, one fed the...
  11. Ovni_cupraR

Full respray, how much?

That's almost white before :cartman: I bet you're well happy with it now. Looks like it faded pretty evenly though unless its just the lighting? I can't stand the patch work on mine, wouldn't be so bothered if it faded slightly but stayed even
  12. Ovni_cupraR

Hit a deer, smashed front grill..

Sorry to hear that, what happened to the deer?
  13. Ovni_cupraR

Full respray, how much?

Looks spot on, nice with the black wheels too :) I think if I did a respray I'd never want to sell it, gotta love the ovni yellow (in 1 shade)
  14. Ovni_cupraR

Full respray, how much?

Was your lcr resprayed by the person Pyro mentioned? If it was, have you got a RR or any pictures after? thanks
  15. Ovni_cupraR

Wheel Refurb in SE / Kent?

3) Ovni_cupraR - 4 lcr wheels with tyres attached - Hyper silver (if possible) OR anthracite in gloss
  16. Ovni_cupraR

Full respray, how much?

Thanks for the replies, a few quotes there seem quite reasonable Pyro, 620 sounds good i'll pm you when im on my comp Cheers
  17. Ovni_cupraR

Full respray, how much?

Ouch, I was hoping under a grand, is that too optimistic? Will there be less prep work involved if its re-sprayed the same colour?
  18. Ovni_cupraR

Full respray, how much?

Hi all, been thinking of respraying my ovni yellow lcr in the near future, just wondering how much should it roughly cost? Looking to get it done in Ovni again, just the outside. Will this be a bit cheaper than a change of colour? I think a respray is my only option as I've been looking around...
  19. Ovni_cupraR

£110 to replace cv boot?

Just got back, I looked through the invoice when I got to the garage and the £110 included cv boot, labour and wheel alignment which he said needed to be done at the same time, so maybe not so bad?
  20. Ovni_cupraR

£110 to replace cv boot?

No just the cv boot is £110, MOT service and brake fluid change was £160 which I thought was pretty good
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.