Search results

1. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

Yeah I sold it back to dicko. He used it on track a few times then swapped it for a 172 I think. Last I seen it was down south for sale again
  2. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

still got it but lost a bit of interest if i'm honest due to working away lots and prefering my motorbikes now and having far to many projects at once. I'll make a start on it over the winter i think if i get some decent time off and i get motivated
  3. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

Place called geronimo in Hartlepool. He's done a good job but no doubt people will be on picking faults with it as its not to the standard of a wrc car lol
  4. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

Just a quick and long overdue update. I now have a full rollcage and a few other tasty bits to go in the ibiza such as a pro alloy fuel cell and proper braided lines etc and am going to make a start of getting it back together in the next few weeks but this is basically how the car sits at the...
  5. Fitting an LCR/TT/S3 pump to Ibiza 1.8T

how much do these sell for then, i have a s3 pump already installed in the unit ready to plug and play but i no longer require it as i have a pro alloy cell and aeromotive pump now
  6. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

spot on cheers, we think we know who has them but even me dodgiest of mates are having second thoughts about going to get them back so he must be a bit of a loony lol
  7. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

no updates as of yet really, i was hoping to get the car sorted and finished this time i was home but i have been working again and off away again sunday so got nothing done. As the car stands at the min is that it still needs puting back together i turbo etc and i have also bought a proper...
  8. Big Ported Head What Are The Gains

bigger doesnt always mean better, normally bigger ports in the head mean more lag and boost would come in further up the rev range which isnt really very usefull if yor not gaining any power from the bigger ports. I'm not specifically talking about the 20vt big port head but just in general.
  9. Bbit of help regarding fuel tank and s3 pump

Just looking at the pic's of them on ebay and it seems to be a big white "fuel supply unit" i'm guessing that the pump is just a normal metal pump that is in the white casing ? if so the pump will probably be salvagable (hopefully) but the unit itself will be a write off probably. I think he is...
  10. Bbit of help regarding fuel tank and s3 pump

Ye they probably are, i know its got a s3 pump in it so suppose they must fit the ibiza tank. Hopefully the pump and sender etc with be fine but it cant see it seens as though the tank was on fire and probably filled with powder, then again it might have emptied and been alight on the floor so...
  11. Bbit of help regarding fuel tank and s3 pump

Cheers bud, it already has a s3 pump in it and different injectors and dta managment etc Suppose i'll have to pull the pump out and see what its like when i get home then see what his craic is about repairing it for me,
  12. Bbit of help regarding fuel tank and s3 pump

Hi i have just received an email from the bloke that is putting me rollgage in and he said that he has had a litle misshap and burnt a whole in me fuel tank and set fire to the tank lol. I was just wondering if the fuel pumps are in the tank, i think they are but not 100% as i have never...
  13. suspension question

Ye i know what you mean about power to weight but there comes a point at hight speeds where more power out weights having less weight. I think mine was weighted at 930kg but i have a cage in now but will be cutting even more out of the car where i can. Looking at it there is loads of weight...
  14. suspension question

Ye sounds good, i'll be doing as many trackdays as possible next year, either on the bike or in the car. I cant imagine how your car must drive cause mine is a handfull and in all honnesty to much for the car. I wouldnt mind having a go against you to see what the difference is in straight line...
  15. suspension question

Yeah thats what i was thinking but haven't had the suspension to bits so wasnt sure, i'll get it sorted when i get home but its not really priority seens as though my car is in piees, should be up and running for the sumer though hopefully. How you getting on with yours then? i heard you were...
  16. suspension question

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the suspension bolts that are visable from inside the engine bay actually bolt into? The bolts i am on about are the 3 that are on the top of the strut tops on the front. The reason i am asking is that one of mine is knackered and the thread that the bolt...
  17. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

Rab the bumper was like it when i got it, it look salright but tbh the gaps are to big on the sides so looks a bit odd when you get up close casue you can see everything that is normally hidden by the bumper. Baz i went for the plastics for performance ones and i dont know about fiting issues...
  18. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

i dont have any pics of the cage as i'm away working at the min and i'm waiting for him to send me some. The cage is 1100 all in and will probably go through the dash as thats the best way to do it apparently, he said he hates "dash dodgers" lol
  19. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

ye its surves a purpose, i'm going to look into some form of brake cooling ducting when i get home. Might not be needed bt worth a look. The **** thing about the bumper is that the toying eye cap has been smoothed in so i havent got a form of towing at the front of the car, this should be sorted...
  20. My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

I haven't got any pics of them, i was only home a week then back away working now. I should be home mid january so will have pics of the windows and a few other bits i've bought and hopefully a finished and painted cage by the end of jan