Search results

1. krussel

Seat Ibiza 6L - Problem with dash cluster

Its very straight forward. Just need to take it steady with the plastic surround trim as its quite fragile plastic. I was worried about air bag lights etc but disconnected the battery left it a good 20 mins to discharge any caps and all was ok.
  2. krussel

Seat Ibiza 6L - Problem with dash cluster

If this might help anyone. I did a Youtube video a while back on replacing the speaker. Its not a step by step guide but gives some idea what is required.
  3. krussel

wheel bearing/road noise? easy to replace?

Old thread i know but the past 2 months ive got the same issue. A awful howling between 35-45 mph. After that road noise blocks it out on B roads. It can pulsate at motorway speeds. Flipping driving be nuts !. Ive got Rainsport 2's all round and ive worn the outer edge on the fronts so...
  4. krussel

FR front disks and Pads- Where to buy and size. Ta

Thanks for the replies. Ive been looking around all day. Not seen any calipers which look like mine. I need the car fully running next week as well and the discs are bad juddering as well. The caliper bolts have not been touched so are 11 years old and crusty . So ive bitten the bullet and...
  5. krussel

Thanks. What is CP4L ? Cheers Ive just had a look on YT at videos and my Calipers look nothing like standard Ibiza items. They have allen key slide bolts fixing th caliper but mine have normal hex bolts ? Looks like the disk size is also bigger Not sure if its 288mm. Looks like the FR...
  6. krussel

Hi. I did search this but nothing came up. Been a while since i posted. Iam going to change the front disks and pads on my 2008 FR TDi. Now i seem to rem they are a different size on the FR from the the lesser models so not sure that ebay searchers are coming up correct. My main Seat...
  7. krussel

2011 1.2 TDi Copa Sticky Throttle?

As above spray with lube. Silicone spray is better than WD40.
  8. krussel

Good bye after 6 years

All the best mate. Seems a shame to scrap your car if those are the only faults. I am sure it would make a nice modding project for someone.
  9. krussel

New Double Din Radio

Looks good. :funk:
  10. krussel

engine idle issues

Mine has always done this from 7 miles new. Try turning on the rear heated screen and the aircon and see if it smooths out. Mine only does this when warming up between 70-90 deg. I just run the aircon all the time now. Its actually a weak fuel mix problem / design fault. Under warrentee...
  11. krussel

Knocking noise

Good result. shame on the garage.
  12. krussel

Loud clunk on full lock when parking

Have someone turn the wheel, get under the car and check the steering rack for any movement
  13. krussel

Perforation/Corrosion Warranty - wheel arch bubbled

What total BS from the dealer.:rolleyes: The inside rust is caused by salty water getting trapped within the foam triangles underneath the wing. Its a known Seat Ibiza design fault. Same with Polo's although VW will fix it for you. I made a video a while back showing how to remove them...
  14. krussel

Squeak squeak squeak :(

Yeah I am waiting for my rear subframe bushes to start once the salt hits the road. Mines been a lot quitter in general since I put cupra bushes in the lower wishbones.
  15. krussel

wheel judder on reverse

Sounds silly but have you checked the wheel nuts are all tight. :confused:
  16. krussel

1.9tdi catastrophe.

Sounds like the turbo sills have blown due to the over boost. I would pull off the boost pipes and look for oil. This video may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRwDce_ALkk
  17. krussel

Making my first purchase - advice?

Thanks Mate. Yes its my video, hope it helps. very common and pretty much all my pipes have popped since I bought the car new in 2008. Top tips are to either use super glue of small worm clips when pushing the pipes back or they pop again. Once fixed run STRONG screen wash in mid...
  18. krussel

What kind of 40-70mph times do people get on a stage one Ibiza tdi 130?

That sounds about right standard. Not sure that a crappy resistor in a box does anything over than over fuel the car.
  19. krussel

2004 Ibiza 1.9 tdi sport 5dr 6speed

2 nd on the foam triangles. Get them out before the winter salt hits the roads.
  20. krussel

Needing Opions

No nothing like that. A couple of hours work tops. well worth doing before the winter salt. Here is the guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqv6IQ-qw9U
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.