Search results

1. Boost loss?? Loss of power please help!!

Got this car up for sale if anyone's interested?
  2. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

Can't remember for sure but it was around 1.5! Funny you should mention the dump valve though because I did start to notice the sound wasn't as loud as it used to be right before the turbo went!!! I'm not driving it at the moment it's been parked up about 6 months!! I think they said something...
  3. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

sorry should of mentioned I have taken it to a garage and they reckon it failed but quoted me £2000 which is well out of my budget!! was still sort of hoping maybe they hadn't even looked at it properly and I could still salvage it!
  4. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

The car was originally set up by jabbasport I have no idea what dv is on there (guess that means dump-valve?) As for boost levels I think the guage used to read around 1.5-1.8. All I know is that at the moment I start the car up there is a bit of white smoke out the exhaust and a tiny bit from...
  5. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

Sounding like good advice!! Trouble is it keeps going through turbos so I just want it to be more reliable!! If I'm gonna stick with the vf34 I need to get to the bottom of why they keep failing?? What would be the most common reasons??
  6. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

So as far as I can gather After speaking to that bill badger5 guy I have to take the turbo and manifold off! Is this fairly easy I had a quick look and it looks quite difficult to get at as it's right at the back of the engine and quite low down?? Once I have managed this I will have to buy a...
  7. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

just had a look but they seem a bit pricey for me was hoping for around the 300 mark, am I going to struggle for that price?
  8. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

I'm on a small budget and from what I can gather the tdo5 is much cheaper and more reliable!
  9. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

Nice one cheers for that!! Is it as straightforward as getting someone to do what has been done in that thread to the turbo and bolting it on? Suppose it will need remapping but is that it? also there are loads of different tdo5 turbos can anyone recommend a decent one on a small budget?
  10. vf34 Turbo failed replace with td05???

Hi peeps My vf34 turbo on a seat leon failed ages ago and I'm just trying to get her back on the road, read somewhere that I may be able to put a td05 18g on instead as these are much cheaper? just wanted to know if this is possible and whether its just as easy as taking the old one off and...
  11. Has my turbo gone? Again!!

Could the actuator be stuck if so where do I find it and does anyone know how I can fix it?
  12. Has my turbo gone? Again!!

Thanks for the reply mate I had a look around the engine and underneath but couldnt see any loose pipes ect. also quite a bit of smoke when it first starts but it goes after a few mins? no boost at all and no funny noises either?
  13. Has my turbo gone? Again!!

Hi vf 34 Turbo has lost all power does not show on the boost guage and there is no power? from what I remember last time there was lots of smoke but at the moment there is only a little bit when I first start the car? These are the codes from vagcom VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S...
  14. Turbo problems - Just bought car

cheers Thanks mate I think I know the one not far at all! will probably have to get the mrs to come up if thats ok she's after a car too so might kill 2 birds with one stone?
  15. Turbo problems - Just bought car

I'm in Andover and I'm having major grief any chance you could reset my throttle body?? I've also got a few other error codes ect. ????????????
  16. Weak signal

Your gonna look like a **** doing it but if you put the fob under your chin it will increase the range!! Strange but true!
  17. Air filter too big??/

Ok cool cheers lads! Will try a new maf sensor and hope that helps!!
  18. Air filter too big??/

Thanks for the reply It's a jr cone from that badger 5 guy! I think it's rated at the right horsepower but it was bigger than the jr one I had on before so wasn't sure if the car had been tuned or mapped according to the old filter and that was my problem??
  19. Air filter too big??/

Hi guys, I recently changed my air filter. I thought I ordered the same one but when it arrived it was slightly larger or I should say about 1/3 larger. My question is would this throw up a maf sensor fault code as I have had so many problems recently I cant really tell. any ideas??????