Search results

1. cupra_ahhh

Suddenly no fuel

Hi everyone, hope we're all keeping well? I've had my mk2 Leon Cupra for a while now, was driving today and as i was 5 minutes from my destination when the car beeped at me to denote that I have 35 miles of fuel left in the tank. No biggy, just parked up and left it. 6 hours later and went to...
  2. cupra_ahhh

Water in cylinder 4

Hi everyone, My mk2 FL Cupra recently had a major service and it was noted that water was found in the cylinder 4 chamber, the garage couldn't see any reason why. Would you know what may cause this? I don't have an engine cover fitted due to an induction kit, so could it have got in there from...
  3. cupra_ahhh

Is no one going to mention the blue mk2 Cupra R in The Grand Tour?

It was on last weeks show i think, racing around a business park. Anyone on here or know it? It was against a BMW.
  4. cupra_ahhh

Smell of petrol

Hi everyone, I have a mk2 FL Cupra, I've noticed a very strong smell of petrol when I stop the car and get out; but it kind of originates from the rear of the car. It's something that I started to notice a while back. I've not checked under the bonnet, it seems to be more prominent from the...
  5. cupra_ahhh

USB & AUX / Storage compartment

Hi guys, I was in a mk7 Golf over the weekend and noticed how similar the dashboard / cockpit is to the mk3 Cupra / Leon. It was then I noticed that the Golf had a cover over the compartment where the USB and AUX connections are in front of the gear knob. You push it and it opens. Is this...
  6. cupra_ahhh

In the media

Is this chap on here? Maybe this should have been in the spotted section. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4663226/Driver-defends-taking-FOUR-spaces.html
  7. cupra_ahhh

Body shop recommendation in SE England

Hi guys and gals, Just a quick one to say that I've recently required the services of a body shop, and living in the South, I got in contact with a chap called Danny from DC Auto repairs in Crayford. I was recommended by a friend who is very OCD with his Audi S3, so with that in mind I...
  8. cupra_ahhh

Thinking of selling

Hi guys, just getting the feelers out, I'm considering selling my beloved mk2 FL Cupra, and was wondering what you guys think it might be worth, or what I can get for it? It's a 59 reg metallic black face-lift Cupra, currently has 31140 ish miiles with a full SEAT service history (stamped)...
  9. cupra_ahhh

mk2 to mk3

Hi guys and girls, I'm thinking of upgrading my mk2 FL Cupra to the new mk3. What's your opinions on the differences between the two if you've come from a mk2. Is there a big leap in cabin refinement / quality / quietness? Does it feel a lot more advanced over the previous model? Is there...
  10. cupra_ahhh

MK2 downpipe

Hi guys, just a quickie, would a downpipe and sports cat fitted on my mk2 FL Cupra fit the mk3 Cupra? Edit: it's a 3" downpipe and sports cat, not a standard one. Thanks! Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
  11. cupra_ahhh

Steering wheel shaking at speed

Hi guys, As above, this happens when I'm travelling 60-70mph ish. Just wanted your thoughts on a reputable garage or company that I can get the tracking looked at? I've had 4 new tyres at the same time installed by Kwik-Fit late last year, they quoted me £65 for the tracking so I didn't get it...
  12. cupra_ahhh

HELP needed - What's this noise?

Hi guys and gals. I was driving my car on Saturday, parked it up, then went to drive it again a few hours later and this very worrying rattling / banging started to happen. It sounds awful, almost unsafe. It's coming from the read of the car, sounds like it's coming from the boot, but it's on...
  13. cupra_ahhh

coolant flush?

Hi guys, I need Drain / flush my fl cupras coolant, but can't find an actually guide on how to do it or what to look for to do it. Anyone know? Or done this? I've got it up on ramps at the mo and can't see a bleed screw or anything.
  14. cupra_ahhh

Rcd 510

Hi guys, I've recently purchased an RCD 510 from a VW forum thinking it would fit my FL Leon. Alas, it does not. At the bottom of the units display, there's a block of metal that hits a block of plastic in the radio slot in the car. RCD 310 on the left, RCD 510 on the right The...
  15. cupra_ahhh

Intake Pressure Compensation Valve

Hi guys and girls, just wanted to share this item that I saw yesterday. It seems pretty new on market and wondered what your thoughts were on it? http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Intake_Pressure_Compensation_Valve--product- -1060.html#description
  16. cupra_ahhh

Group buy / remap offers?

Hey guys and girls, does anyone know of anything coming up with the above? I'm after a stage 2 map and just wondering if there's any promotions or offers to sweeten the deal? Revo or APR? Maybe a date of the next SCN meet at AmD Essex or VW owners club?
  17. cupra_ahhh

Cupra steering wheel

Happy new year everyone! You know the silver plastic bit at the bottom of the Cupra steering wheel? A long screw has just randomly fallen out of it. I've had a look and seen that there's three of these screws holding it in place, but when I try screwing it back in, it's not gripping on to...
  18. cupra_ahhh

water in fog light

Hi guys, noticed last night that I've got water in one of my fog lights. (drivers side) Obviously this isn't normal, anyone else had this? What's the best way to fix? Remove, empty, dry and seal with something similar to bathroom sealant? It's a fl Cupra.
  19. cupra_ahhh

Fuel pump sounds different

Hi guys, i've got a standard, un-modified 2009 FL Cupra and every now and then, when i unlock the car and open the door, the (I assume) fuel pump makes a different noise to the usual whine. It makes more of a straining, higher pitched tone than usual. It's passed it's MOT and whatnot, nothing...
  20. cupra_ahhh

Insurance on a modified Leon Cupra

Hi peeps, I've just renewed my insurance and declared an induction kit, I'm happy with the price. However, I'm planning on going to stage2 with a TBE in the next year, so out of curiosity i asked for a quote on a stage1 modified Leon that would take it to about 300bhp. The price was...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members