Search results

1. richypanic

Cordy coilovers

Naz, I am so tempted to! So the ride is harsher than OEM? Also, is it financially better to go for these than standard equipment? Like I said, not too bothered on lowering but if its simply better and saves the cash! Also, how much time am I looking at to fitting them? How much my local...
  2. richypanic

Cutting out :(

Really sounds like a crank sensor problem but seeing as you changed it... Have you got a VAG com on it yet?
  3. richypanic

Cordy coilovers

Guys, I am thinking of replacing my Cordy suspension. Is it worth me getting these coilovers (hot tuning/TA)? I am not so bothered on how low it goes, just to stop a few squeeks from the tired original factory setup, which as we all now was/is a harsh ride at best. I am an avid fan of "factory...
  4. richypanic

16v Headlights Dipped/Mainbeam

For what its worth, my 1999/V 16v 2.0 Cordoba SX keeps all 4 on at full beam...
  5. richypanic

Come on Cordy drivers!

Seems there is life in this thread yet! More Cordy drivers cropping up. Maybe we can all team up and give a mininmum order for a proper exhaust? Janspeed wasn't it?!
  6. richypanic

mk2 windscreen

Just thought I'd mention windscreen all done. I can confirm £150 all in. National windscreens great job and no probs. Sad but true, having a nice shiny new unchipped/uncracked windscreen makes my life a little happier somehow...
  7. richypanic

mk2 windscreen

I'm not fully Comp on my insurance. Since the hike in quote costs I took the slightly cheaper option of TPFT. False economy now then! I was £295 18 months ago fully comp, now £410 TPFT!!! Mad world all jumping on the "economy dive" bandwagon...
  8. richypanic

mk2 windscreen

May I say, putting heaters on full blast for 20 mins BEFORE clearing the snow is bad idea! Must have been dramatic change in temp that cracked it. Dammit!
  9. richypanic

mk2 windscreen

Yes, seems new is totally better option! £118 fitted seems ok. And new. Silly me for thinking second hand...
  10. richypanic

mk2 windscreen

Darn this weather... Car well behaved in this weather but windscreen now has a 1 ft crack!!! Question is, can I obtain one from any scrapped mk2 (my car is Cordoba sx 2.0 16v 1999/V) or limited to any certain age range specifically? And no, my insurance doesn't cover it! Any help appreciated...
  11. richypanic

Sx rear top mounts

I have a clunking/knocking sound over bumps/dips coming from the rear of my 16v 2.0 SX. Ive recently had the front top mounts done but was wondering if the rears are just as "weak" as the fronts? Can I check for failure like the front ones? The car has standard suspension - on a V plate with...
  12. richypanic

Sorting squeaky seats

The front seats have started to squeak a bit and I cannot see how I would tighten them in a bid to try and stop it! Anyone have a clue? They are the half leather 16v 2.0 ones if that makes a difference, which I doubt! Thanks in advance!
  13. richypanic

Come on Cordy drivers!

Dude! Treats!! Thanks. Theres a lotta history there? Miss her?
  14. richypanic

Come on Cordy drivers!

Looking good Naz. She running ok? What are those plans you have for her?
  15. richypanic

Come on Cordy drivers!

Welcome mate! May I say good choice. You wont regret that decision. Mine has been the family car for nearly 4 years and done well. Get those pics up ASAP!
  16. richypanic

Come on Cordy drivers!

She has been good to me as I've looked after her! Its simply a reliable and great car. Never saw the need to "change". After a clay bar on Sunday she looks (almost) like new! Engine and stance mods fine, I'll let you!!! Just no wide arch body kits or whale tails, ok...
  17. richypanic

car wont start thinking of selling if doesnt start soon :(

Crank sensor = nightmare. Glad shes up and running!
  18. richypanic

why i really worry about some mk2 owners..

I have been inspired...
  19. richypanic

Come on Cordy drivers!

Bored Naz? Too standard?? Hmpf. Standard is good in my book! I still love my cordy SX after 8 1/2 years owning her!!
  20. richypanic

oil leak

I recently got to the core of my oil leak. Check the oil pressure switch (connector topside of oil filter housing, visible from front of engine bay). My ABF was losing oil rapidly and oil was all over the underside of the car/engine. Mine now dry as a bone! Not sure if its a common prob but...