Search results

1. MK3 Rattly Roof

I had this on mine. its the welds come off one of the struts against the roof so the roof then moves freely in that one spot causing it to bang on the strut. If you take off your roof lining (Undo screws on sunvisors and grab handles then unclip trim) you can seal it up :) hope this helps
  2. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

Where is the best place to get Hight to low converters from? i looked on halfords website and couldnt find 1 :( Thanks
  3. Protection Light on amp

Oh right Thanks. I think i have found the problem. I followed a guide to connect the amp to the standard HU. turns out i missed quite a crucial bit out. i needed a high to low converter but i connected it all up without 1 and over powered my amp. ooooopps lol
  4. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

but it thought it was a low level as our HU is pants and dont kick much out. Only the power remote and the ground is connected and the light comes on. i think i need to save for a new amp and high to low converter lol
  5. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

i cut 1 end off a RCA lead and connected the 2 wires inside to the 2 from the rear speakers (Standard) and plugged it in
  6. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

the fronts (Standard) will play but the 6x9s wont, they do nothing, but they do work because i connected them to a mates hu and they played
  7. Protection Light on amp

LPF?? yea i have put a 30 amp fuse in, it had a 20 originally
  8. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

I followed your guide. i got a 1000W wiring kit and used that. its a 2 channel amp and only amping 6x9s
  9. Protection Light on amp

Yes i was fideling with it lol. but i have turned it right down and still on :( I moved the earth to the seat belt bolt and rear light bolt, the power light is on for about 2 seconds then the protect light comes on. any suggestions?
  10. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

because i had some trouble stripping the wire and it got smaller and smaller. i put vasalene over it so should be okay. i moved the earth to the seat belt bolt and rear light bolt, the power light is on for about 2 seconds then the protect light comes on. any suggestions?
  11. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

But i drilled a hole in my spare wheel well scraped off the paint around put a small ring conecter on the end of the earth wire and held it in place with a self taping screw. plus it was working well for 5 mins before
  12. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

This morning whilst adjusting my amp all my speakers went haywire and the amp stopped working, the protection light is on so is the power light i have RCA cables and its still on speaker wire and its still on, what could be the problem?
  13. Protection Light on amp

This morning whilst adjusting my amp all my speakers went haywire and the amp stopped working, the protection light is on so is the power light i have RCA cables and its still on speaker wire and its still on, what could be the problem? Thanks
  14. Mk3 front seats.

Mine arnt i feel left out :(
  15. 1.4 8v petrol consuption

Mine is exactly the samebut according to a mpg calculator im doing 30 ish mpg
  16. finding the remote wire

There is a sticky that will guide you through installing the whole things, its a good guide i followed it and it works. there is pictures to guide you aswell http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135923
  17. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

when the stereo is on and the engine is running i get a whine/buzzing sound. what is causing this its doing my nut in. i have tried relocating the earth from rear light to seatbelt bolt but still doing it :(
  18. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

Ideal thanks :) yeah i was planning on doing that when i get a bit of money. just for now will put most the power to the rear to try and get a half decent sound from them :D
  19. sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

i have a pair of 6x9s on the way and was planning on putting them in the parcel shelf, but i thought to make things easier i would disconnect the speakers next to the parcel shelf cut the clip off and attach a small amount of speaker wire to the end to make it reach. 2 questions. 1) would this...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members