Search results

1. car_guy143

help me

What symptoms of crap running is the car suffering from?
  2. car_guy143

Cruise Control gone

There is also a switch on the clutch pedal as depressing the clutch also shuts off the cruise control. I heard they're only about a tenner for the clutch pedal switch.
  3. car_guy143

Car-crazy couple opt for motorsport marriage

Yeah it'd be so funny if they used this site. Looks like they had a great day though and fair play to them for doing what they wanted.
  4. car_guy143

read countless, how to's none of them work, remote central locking

Try unplugging the battery for 30mins as it's been known to help clear up a few locking issues before. However the passenger side door lock will probably need replacing/repairing.
  5. car_guy143

passenger seat stopped moving

Loose wires in the connecting plugs is my guess. My driver seat doesn't always go back unless i touch the wires.
  6. car_guy143

Weird Air Con Issue

Glad yours is sorted, i need a new aircon clutch.
  7. car_guy143

halford boost gauge

Use some washing up liquid on the T-piece to lube it up,
  8. car_guy143

how many miles has everybody done??

86k on a 1999 Toledo 2.3 V5. I got the car with 82500k on the clock last october i think it was. All cars i have owned started with highish mileages. First car in 2005 was a 1994 106 1.1 which had done 73544miles, sold with 89000 miles in 2006, second car was a 1993 306 1.6 bought with 103000 on...
  9. car_guy143

Heater Motor packed up

anyone, please? :)
  10. car_guy143

Heater Motor packed up

My heater fan motor has packed up, the other night it were making squeaking noises and now doesn't seem to want to come on at all. So now i need to remove it and check out the problem. Can someone please tell me how to remove it? Thanks, Rik.
  11. car_guy143

I think my windscreen wiper motors knackered

Yeah it's not a long job, just a bit fiddly if the wiper arms are slightly seized to the linkage. Take your time and you'll be fine. :)
  12. car_guy143

2000 Toledo climate control panel broken - help

I used to love raiding the scrapyard for bits with my dad when i was a kid. Seeing all the wrecked cars and classics just sat there slowly rusting away into the ground. It's a shame they don't let you do that anymore as the scrapyard used to be great for finding those little pieces you need...
  13. car_guy143

V5 engine oil - which grade to use?

I don't think they would use mineral oil in a garage as it's poor stuff to be honest. I would say it's semi synthetic - the minimum reccomended for these engines i believe. It doesn't matter which brand oil you use to be honest but i use Comma or Havoline in some cars (Texaco). I wouldn't really...
  14. car_guy143

I heard stealers are more like £500 in some cases! I think either one should fit, as long is it's a Mk1 Leon, or Mk2 Toledo you're taking it from.
  15. car_guy143

Leon will fit but they're not cheap to replace.
  16. car_guy143

V5 engine oil - which grade to use?

I used 5w-30 fully synthetic on my v5 150.
  17. car_guy143

V5 10V spark plugs - Which are the best value for money

No but we do suffer the -20hp compared to the newer v5! :( Yeah the local store seems good on price for plugs, still not as cheap as my old 106's plugs were though £1.50 each lol
  18. car_guy143

Part number required - Gear gaiter part

Depends on if it's from the Mk1 Leon, or Mk2 Leon. If it's Mk1 Leon, then it should fit, but just remember to change the gearknob as yours won't be a 6 speed. :)
  19. car_guy143

Service Light

It should be in your handbook, or it's in the how to section on here. Have a search for reset service light as it's a pretty common question. :)
  20. car_guy143

I think my windscreen wiper motors knackered

The wiper motor died on my car and i got a linkage and motor from ebay for about £60. The listing said it were from a 2001 seat Leon, but the parts were covered in Skoda stamps and had a different electrical connector on the motor. I had to cut the outer casing off the connector, and find out...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.