Search results

1. skullarms

my new air filter

hi which induction kit did u buy? and where did u get it for £45?? i have a green open cone filter at the moment but not really impressed with it
  2. skullarms

VAG-COM and Vista

lol mattm yea i did, but all i got was controller not found, tried various different modules, engine, electrics etc, but nothing
  3. skullarms

windscreen icing up, on the inside!

cool, lol or hot as the case may be! will be taking a longer trip tomorrow so will give it a try and let you know how it is the following morning! Cheers!
  4. skullarms

hey thanks for that mate i have never done it but will give it a try, wont opening the windows let moist air in??? or will the warm air escaping stop it?
  5. skullarms

yea just the back and front window, the back hardly at all, front pretty bad, can i take the pollen filter out if its wet and run the car without it? I did have a wet cloth in the glovebox, used it to wipe my shoes after crossing a soaking wet field (dont ask lol), could that do it??
  6. skullarms

Cheers Lee, any idea where? as i say the car inside feels dry, carpets and underlay all dry, could it be leaving the vents open is allowing damp air in or something?? or maybe pollen filter, doesnt that have something to do with the air-con?
  7. skullarms

Morning, bet u thought this question was about stereo's huh?? Lol actually its about my windscreen icing up, on the inside! :( I have re-sealed all of my doors as per a thread on here, took out the whole interior and dried it completely, the floors are still dry and i cant find any leaks above...
  8. skullarms

VAG-COM and Vista

maybe i'm stupid lol i could just be doing it wrong! I downloaded vag-com version 409-1, then plugged in my cable, windows automatically installed drivers it found from the internet. I run the first time test thingy on vag-com and for com 3 i get the following:- Port status: OK Interface...
  9. skullarms

VAG-COM and Vista

thanx, read it, still confused lol!!
  10. skullarms

VAG-COM and Vista

Hi, Bought a cheap flea bay lead and downloaded free VAG-COM but cant seem to get it to work on my laptop running Windows Vista. Anyone have a solution or isn't there one???
  11. skullarms

Engine light on dashboard

I am in Oxfordshire, I have the lead and the freeware, unfortunately i have "vista" on my laptop and it doesnt seem to work with it!
  12. skullarms

yea i guessed that was probably the case, dont have it unfortunately, guess i'll just have to put up with the fault light!
  13. skullarms

Morning all, this maybe a simple fix, but i'm a little stumped :blink: driving home from work a few days ago the orange "oh **** somethings wrong" light came on the dashboard, car was still driving fine, pulling fine etc. Got home and opened the bonnet, noticed the radiator fan was on, nothing...
  14. skullarms

Faulty electrics?

Hi, sorry been offline for a while just seen the post! Had the same happen to my 2001 cupra turbo, the comfort ecu was knackered, mirrors wouldnt fole etc etc, plus the doors only locked on the remote when they felt like it! Comfort module is indeed under and slightly to the right of the...
  15. skullarms

non starter

ok it was a full size fuse, back in the right place, will have to go check the number and get back to you, i put a new fuse in which i checked isnt blown, hope its nothing serious!!
  16. skullarms

non starter

thanks lee, will check it out and dig out the other key lol!
  17. skullarms

non starter

i'll try the key thing first, you know the sequence? or could i search on here??
  18. skullarms

non starter

yep, i put a new one in to be sure, and all is well, except it doesnt start lol, turns over but doesnt fire
  19. skullarms

non starter

no lol i put the fuse straight back in!!!! could be the immobiliser thingy though, will try that, erm, how do i do it??? :shrug:
  20. skullarms

non starter

Hi guys, I have just done a stoopid thing, car was running, I pulled a fuse out and the engine stopped, now it wont restart, any ideas anyone??? The fuse was in the side panel, 10 amp i think, and the symbol corresponding to it was the pic of the engine. HEEELP!!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.