Search results

1. /dev/null

What replacement tyres y'all getting that don't cost a fortune?

Had a quick look at Costco Goodyear AS vs Toyo's on Black circles (which I'd get over the more expensive options) - after adding in the fitting fee plus ~£35 a year membership (which I'd probably not use separately), I'd be saving about £25 in total - but would have to drive a 50 mile round trip...
  2. /dev/null

Thanks, I didn't know that Costco even did tyres! I've never been eligible for membership, however I've just started volunteering recently for the NHS and have an ID card so might be able to use that. The nearest one is a bit of a trek away, but worth it if I can save say £100 overall. I'll look...
  3. /dev/null

I have a formentor with the standard 19" wheels on. I don't do a lot of driving however after having a puncture last week on the rear tyre (repaired luckily) I noticed that the front 2 are both very close to needing replacement (legal, but close as hell to the markers). Only done about 10k miles...
  4. /dev/null

Interior lights sensitivity

Are anybody else's interior lights absolutely hopeless to turn on/off? I've tried touching, waving my hands over them, pushing them etc. But only once in a blue moon so they work. I tried whilst at the traffic lights tonight and it came on after 2 or 3 attempts, but then wouldn't go off! So I...
  5. /dev/null

Heavy duty seat covers

Thanks, I've had a think and in hindsight it's probably best getting a rear cover because I can just leave it in, whereas now I have to swap it out when I have a passenger. Bought the one from the previous post link 👍
  6. /dev/null

Heavy duty seat covers

Anyone got any recommendations for any heavy duty seat covers that will fit the Formentor front seats? I have a dog who I regularly take in the car and have been using an old cover I have but it's a really bad fit due to the size of the seats. I know I can get covers for the back seats, but...
  7. /dev/null

Formentor 1st Service prices

Does it have to be a main dealer? My previous car was a Mercedes and so long as the garage was VAT registered, used OEM parts, were able to update the online service book, and wasn't basically your mate doing it under his consulting company, they were ok with you going elsewhere. I saved...
  8. /dev/null

Why connect as primary user?

I think the stuff like live traffic depends on it. And perhaps ota updates. I turned it off however and just use guest because I got sick of the car actually just selecting the guest account anyway when I got in and then not wanting to switch to primary, meaning any customized settings weren't...
  9. /dev/null

1st world (new car) problems

I usually find at night it's quicker to just use the screen rather than fumbling around trying to press the non-illuminated buttons like this.
  10. /dev/null

V2 1.5 DSG Service Intervals

Had my V2 1.5 DSG since June 2022, and was thinking today it'll be due a service before too long. Have only done about 5500 miles in it, but it's coming up to a year old. However having checked the infotainment, it's showing this. Appreciate it's probably on long life servicing, but approaching...
  11. /dev/null

Locking wheel nut covers - lost or stolen?

Hmmm... Seems either there is a national cap thief out there, or my original assumptions may have been wrong! The one remaining seemed pretty tight on, so I really didn't expect the others to have fallen off, but clearly it's a lot more prevalent than I'd assumed at first. Thanks all
  12. /dev/null

Yeah, I'm just surprised if someone swiped them, why they didn't just take all four. Unless they only needed three I guess! The cap from the rear wiper has also gone at some point, I think that fell off though as it seemed loose once, so I pushed it back on, but presumably it's just come loose...
  13. /dev/null

Went out to wash the car last night and noticed that three of the four covers on my locking wheel nuts are missing. It's the first time I've washed the car in ages so realistically it could have happened any time in the last few months. Naturally I'm assuming some **** has stolen them (though...
  14. /dev/null

Tell me something positive about your Formentor.

Erm... the sun visor is a reasonable size. 🤷‍♂️
  15. /dev/null

Map. Location and Navigation issues?

I'm already 1896. Not going to waste my time trying to get it sorted until it's repeatable as I know I'm in just on a road to be nowhere even attempting that.
  16. /dev/null

Gravelly brakes and general glitches

This. It happened at least once a week and drove me absolutely mental. So much so that I deleted the primary user and now just run as guest. Which of course means a load of other stuff doesn't work such as live traffic and OTA updates. But for me it would either select guest and I'd then have to...
  17. /dev/null

Is the Formentor a reliable car?

They sound like problems to me... 🤷‍♂️
  18. /dev/null

No, it's an intermittent problem and having had those in the past I know I'm onto nothing trying to get it sorted by the dealership without the ability to reproduce the problem. Thankfully I rarely use the sat nav so whilst it's ridiculous that it does happen, it doesn't affect me daily.
  19. /dev/null

Not sure whether it's software or hardware which is the issue, but but the bottom line is that it doesn't work properly. Had no similar issues with my previous Mercedes and Audi vehicles.
  20. /dev/null

The sat nav is terrible. I've had mine showing me on a hill about 10 miles away, in a town 15 miles away etc. Stuck even after a restart, only cleared after leaving off overnight. It also constantly thinks I've left motorway junctions when driving past them, resulting in an annoying rerouting...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.