Search results

1. chris2r

Rear brakes binding urgent help

Handbrake still free? Took the caliper off and seen if the piston winds back in easily enough? Could be a seized piston.
  2. chris2r

Rear Breaks Pads - Bad uneven wear, possibly binding?

Just need someone to step on the brake pedal while you bleed them. You can change all the fluid if you want but can be difficult to bleed if air gets into the abs pump. Think I lost 200ml at most and just topped up. Few guides on here but if you can move a spanner then it's pretty easy.
  3. chris2r

Did it myself. Took less than an hour to complete. Lost hardly any brake fluid so was easy to bleed back up.
  4. chris2r

Got mine off eBay. A proper TRW/Lucas part £60.99 http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291423740808&globalID=EBAY-GB They also sell new slide pins for £10
  5. chris2r

Quick favour needed! Found leak from hose!

Got the hose from the dealers. It goes from the thermostat housing to the oil cooler and back again. You have to buy both pipes as there attached to each other and come in at an eye watering £105! Part number is 8n0121088 Couldn't get it cheaper anywhere else so bit the bullet. Bit of a pain...
  6. chris2r

Just got to try and find the hose part number now! Seems you can only buy the full kit online. Trip to the stealers it is!
  7. chris2r

Yes I'm with you! Found out it's not the cap! It's leaking out of a pipe between the oil cooler and thermostat housing area!
  8. chris2r

Could someone pop out and have a look if theres a rubber o ring on their expansion tank cap. Started loosing coolant after checking the level on mine the other day and seem to remember on my old Golf there being a rubber seal round the cap? Thanks
  9. chris2r

Why did you want a LC/LCR

Always loved the shape of them since they where released. I always think there abit rarer than the golf....and cheaper to buy! Had a Cupra first for 3yrs then sold up in 2009 then have just got an LCR in black which is what I wanted first time round but couldn't afford the insurance at the time...
  10. chris2r

New stereo not saving settings

Happened on the headunit in my Gfs mk4 golf. Think you do as above and switch the red and yellow wires round. Atleast that's what I did on the alpine wiring harness.
  11. chris2r

South yorkshire re-map

Custom Code in Chesterfield isn't far from Donny!
  12. chris2r

What Wheels!!

Got your email the other day Dione. They look really good, I like them!
  13. chris2r

What Wheels!!

I like them! They look good!
  14. chris2r

What didn't you know about your Leon?

I found out how to open my sunroof fully the other day! You have to actually hold the switch pass the last notch!
  15. chris2r

To tint, or not to tint ?

Yeah get it done by a professional otherwise it will look ****! I'm going for a medium tint on the side and a dark tint on the rear window. Think the bloke i spoke said there was 4 shades. light, medium, dark and limo. Someone on here does it for a living. Think its Nev-lcr?
  16. chris2r

To tint, or not to tint ?

I think I'm gettin mine done soon. Just a subtle tint on the rears though!
  17. chris2r

Anyone ever topped up thier own aircon

Yeah about an hour if they put your car straight on the machine. There was a bit of a queue by the time they had done mine!
  18. chris2r

Anyone ever topped up thier own aircon

Had mine done the other day at kwik fit. They tested it first and it was 10c. Then after regas they tested it again and it was 5c. thats on 03plate.
  19. chris2r

What Wheels!!

Lcr alloys in black? lol
  20. chris2r

Alloy wheels 18" Cupra R

i'd say £350-£450 depending on the condition and how much someone wants them. I paid £450 for mine with decent tread on but they had slight kerbing on each wheel.