Search results

1. leighivn

Praise Indeed

Exhaust Gas Temperature High Fault Code P0546 Since buying my latest Seat Altea Fr I have experienced a few minor niggles. Yet again the experts at Tmc Canterbury have shone through on their customer service and expertise. I had the glowplug dash light flashing at me and then the eml light...
  2. leighivn

Praise Indeed

I had cause to visit the reputable independent Seat Garage in Canterbury today. I went in with my newly aquired Altea Fr for a full service, as usual the service received was to be recommended. Jamie even found two broken rear springs and did a great job of changing them. The service was...
  3. leighivn

Which Altea ??

One or the other Hi Neaky, I have had the privilege of owning two Altea's. My first was a 2.0tdi Sport DSG; Very good car, loved the DSG gearbox had very little issues with it :D, i miss the gearbox.:( The second the 2.0tdi FR 170, fantastic car, lots of ooomph!! when you need it...
  4. leighivn

VCDS / VAG-COM Register - Who's got what and where?

anyone got vcds near ashford, kent please.. I have just carried out the soldering procedure of the airbag cabling beneath both driver and passenger seats on my Altea. Unfortunatelythe airbag light still remains lit. Is there any one local to Kent which could assist with the airbag warning...
  5. leighivn

Cruise Control Intermittent Fault

Cruise Control Hi, I am now on my second Altea (1st 2.0TDi DSG Sport- 2nd 2.0 TDi FR 170) great cars. But back to the subject in hand , I have carried out this procedure on both and it does indeed work a treat.. :):):):):)
  6. leighivn

Safety RECALL Altea TDI

WHY NOT CALL A SEAT SERVICE CENTRE AS I JUST DID AND ASK IF THERE ARE ANY OUTSTANDING RECALLS ON IT. SUPPLY THEM YOUR CHASSIS NUMBER FROM THE v5 AND THEY CAN CHECK WHILST YOUR ON THE PHONE
  7. leighivn

Praise Indeed

Hi All, Been a while since my last post. I have cause to issue nothing but good praise to a service agent for a wheel bearing replacement for my Altea. At short notice (1day) I was shocked to get my car in for wheel bearing replacement. I had a very important interview to attend and also had...
  8. leighivn

Bluefin Superchip

Hi All, Spoke to a mate of mine, he's installed Bluefin superchip on the ECU of his Leon. Any of you guys done the same and was it worth the money. Just looked at the website for my car and total was £435.00, good value?????? They quote a gain of 37bhp taking it from 140 to 177bhp....what...
  9. leighivn

Pollen filter location 2.0tdi 140 dsg

Update; Pollen filter located-filter changed-job completed. Yet again cupra.net and its members excel....
  10. leighivn

Hi Toxic, Many thanks much appreciated.
  11. leighivn

Hi All, Can anybody tell me where my pollen filter is located as i intend to renew it if i can find the location under the bonnet.Can't seem to find any other info on this matter. Your help would be gratefully recieved.:)
  12. leighivn

Dealer put wrong fuel in!!!!

An Update Just an update on the story thus far, I still own my beloved Altea and since the mistake with the fuel i have had some trouble free motoring, the EGR valve part as mentioned before was replaced under warranty and i have with the help of this forum managed to change the rear...
  13. leighivn

cruise control problems

Cruise Control Cut out Hi All, Just had this cruise control issue with my Altea 2.0TDi DSG, working fine on way to work then suddenly stopped working at all. Checked out this forum for answers found this thread- cleaned switch as per instruction Cruise control now works fine. Many...
  14. leighivn

Thanks for your information Viking cheers.. I must admit to being a little confused :think:about the warranty as i never paid a penny towards all the diagnostic work done before by the Seat garage when they eventually found the fuel lines where re assembled incorrectly by the Peugeot...
  15. leighivn

Hi All, After another 8 months worth of hassle free motoring the Altea is back in the garage with EGR problems:thumbd:, apparently a flap is not operating properly within the EGR and this could also be blowing fuses. I wonder if this could be a remanant from the incorrect fuel hose re...
  16. leighivn

Hi All, Thankyou for your comments, an update; Seat service centre found that since the incorrect fuel was added and drained by the Peugeot dealership-the fuel pipes (x2) from the tanks were reassembled incorrectly-(around the wrong way), thus the starting problems in the colder weather...
  17. leighivn

Hi All, Thanks for your answers so far but the dealer's doing their normal slimey slippery fish routine when it comes to a possible rejection of the car. Seems that the fuel pressures were fine according to Seat. They have reset the ecu, and the car now starts, but on reset the alert held...
  18. leighivn

Cheers Torquemonster, Seat are taking fuel line pressure readings and sending the info back to Seat HQ for further advice, not too happy with the Peugeot plonker/dealer:censored: Not sure if i am gonna keep the vehicle might reject it yet seeing as the original warranty is soon to...
  19. leighivn

Can't believe the trouble i am having since purchasing my Altea 2.0tdi DSG last year! It first failed on me last February and went in for an engine speed sensor replacement under warranty. Fixed fine, Dealer even put £20 of free 'fuel' in great i say thanks and off i go for 2miles. Free fule was...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.