Search results

1. mike_allison

Rear disc heat shield

Hi guys, Terrible grinding noise coming from the back of the car at the weekend. Noticed first somehow one of the rear disc heat shields has disappeared! The other has come away from bolt holes and is grinding against the disc. I think the bolts have corroded. Whilst getting work done the...
  2. mike_allison

Tyre Pressure Warning Light

Hi Guys, Finally able to change my car from winter wheels & tyres to my summers last weekend. The Tyre pressue light flashed up and no will not reset. I have checked all tyres and they are sitting at 32 PSI. Any idea why the light will not reset? Anyone had this problem before? Thanks
  3. mike_allison

GPS replacement antenna MFD3

Hi Guys, Sat Nav on my MFD3 is not receiving any signal or satellites. Seat were quoting me £150 for a replacement when I had my car in for a service! no Chance!!! If anyone has had to replace this, would the attached link be okay...
  4. mike_allison

RNS510 Sat Nav issues

Hi Guys, Noticed over the last few days the sat nav in my Seat is not showing the right location for where I am. It shows a location which is about 2/3 miles from where I truly am. Has any one had this issue before. Hoping it may just be some satellite issues but thought I would check...
  5. mike_allison

Leon Mk2 Xenon replacement

Hello guys, Back from a 3 week break to California and one of the standard Bi-Xenon has now gone. How much is it for a replacement, I assume it will be a Dealership job. Would it be wise to just get both replaced at the same time? And if anyone has any ideas of the price? before I go...
  6. mike_allison

ThreeSDM 0.01

Hello, Have tried searcing but no definative answers yet. Looking to get a set of ThreeSDM0.01 in black 18" Width : 8.5J, Diameter : 18 Inch Bolt Pattern : 5x100 Offset : 35 Will these fit okay on the K1 looking at 225/40/18 tyres are these also ok. Thanks in advance guys!
  7. mike_allison

Passenger side electric wing mirror not lowering

Hello, Started the car this morning, the driver side mirror came down as usual from the folded postion but the passenger one is not coming down. This has happened a couple of times previously, usually just put them both back up and they come down. But it is now stuck. Has anyone...
  8. mike_allison

Cupra K1 Headlight Washer Jets

Hello all, Just had my 4 year service done of the cupra. The mechanic advised me that the headlight washer jets were not coming out anymore. Obviously I wouldn't have noticed this as I am in the car when they are supposed to go off. Does anyone know any common problems with these? hoping...
  9. mike_allison

Quick disc brake question

Hello guys, Quick question i have received a new set of discs for the Cupra K1. There are marks on all the discs. See the picture. Should i be worried about these? http://postimage.org/image/4mlisrvmn/ Thanks
  10. mike_allison

Doing my own painting.

hey guys just wondering if there is any tutorials on painting your own parts. i have ben toying with the idea because i am sick of Seat ripping me off. its just the side skirt jacking points on a candy white K1. And also where would be the best place to source some paint. Any advice would...
  11. mike_allison

totally renewed paintwork

Have just spent the whole day yesterday claying my car with the autoglym detailing kit. Wow what a difference it made, the paint used to feel like sandpaper now it is as smooth as it left the factory. I have a white K1 so tar spots are a real issue for me. i would highly recommend the...
  12. mike_allison

2 Sets of tyres to choose from?

I know this is the most asked question in the whole history of time..... But here goes anyway.To be put on an mk2 cupra K1. sourced 2 sets for about the same price. GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC or VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA
  13. mike_allison

wanting new sidelights

just wanting to replace the sidelights, have got xenons, and think the yellow sidelights look crappy. dont think i wanna pay £80 for the piaa ones, anymore cheaper nice looking options?
  14. mike_allison

replacing license plates

right got some new license plates. need to replace them looks like the current ones on the car have been glued on. how do i go about getting them off and securing the new ones to the car? do i need to buy anything else?
  15. mike_allison

mfd3 question again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-VW-GOLF-PASSAT-RNS510-RNS-510-MFD3_W0QQitemZ190270206608QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems?hash=item190270206608&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 will this fit in my new 2008 leon?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.