Search results

1. Antiroll bar keeps moving

The ARB on early cars (up to about 2004) has plastic end stops which break off. The ARB was redesigned and the later ones have metal end stops. I had the bar changed on my Cupra. The bar itself isn't too expensive but its not an easy job as the subframe has to be dropped.
  2. Changing the Brake light switch

Part number is 1C0945511ARDW for the latest version switch (green colour) which is supposed to be more relaible than the original versions. Remove trim panel above pedals (3 torx screws) undo connector and remove old brake switch by twisting (anticlockwise I think). The latest type switch is...
  3. went round a corner pretty quick - 3 beeps?

It might be the oil pressure warning going off. My Polo G40 does that if you take a sweeping left hand bend at speed. All the oil ends up one side of the sump and the oil pump pick up runs dry. Never had that problem with the Cupra though and that corners that a lot quicker.
  4. Coolant loss

I have a slight coolant loss on my Cupra 20VT. It's leaking where the hose connects to the radiator on the passenger side at the top. I think there's an O ring inside the plastic elbow that fails. Check for white deposits on the pipe joints where the coolant has leaked out and evaporated.
  5. Mk4 ibiza cupras

I got my 2006 petrol Cupra for £11995 pre-registered by Seat with 30 miles on the clock and a set of mats thrown in. I think they were struggling to get rid of them at the time and there was nothing else that came close to that performance for the money. Insurance is very cheap for me due to age...
  6. Question for people who have bought cupra alloys

Just found the receipt; it was £160 including the VAT. The Seat RRP was £227 with VAT included. That was January 2010.
  7. Question for people who have bought cupra alloys

I got a new one from Sere Motors. Can't remember the exact price but it was a massive discount from usual dealer price.
  8. Red colour difference?

The red looks very slightly different between the bumpers and the rest of the car on my emocion red Cupra. I've had it from new so everything is original. I think it's down to the bumpers being plastic underneath and the rest of the panels being metal. Reds can fade really badly; t-cut and...
  9. Overheating during idling and crawling speed?

In normal driving the cooling fan doesn't come on as there is sufficient airflow through the radiator to keep the temperature down. When crawling along there is no airflow, the temperature goes up and the car turns on the cooling fan to help the radiator. The problem is almost certainly that you...
  10. Brake pedal switch.....help

Replaced my brake switch last week (2006 Cupra). I got one from my local VW dealer, part number is 1C0945511ARDW cost £8.38 plus VAT. They even had them in stock as they are a common failure. That part number is the latest version (green colour) which is supposed to be more relaible than the...
  11. Brake Light Switch and Emission Control Warning Light

I also had the brake light switch fail last week so that the brake lights were permanently on. I had the EPC and traction control lights on at various times. When it happened before (car was about a year old) I got the ABS light as well. The brake light switch is a common fault and confuses the...
  12. EPC light and Engine light?

When I had a failed brake light switch I got the EPC light on. I gave it a good kick to check for loose connections and got several other lights as well (ABS and engine light I think), so it seems to confuse the car quite a bit. It ran fine though, and everything went back to normal with a new...
  13. Where to get parts...

I have got stuff from Dave at Sere Motors (see Seat dealers forum on here). The discounts on the stuff I got was easily enough to cover the postage costs. I'm not sure what model you have but the fog lamp replacement on my MK4 Cupra was a 5 minute job just requiring 1 screw for the fog lamp...
  14. Rusty disc brakes any ideas of new ones?

Badly rusted front brake discs suggest there may be a problem with your braking system like a stuck piston. They should normally clean off on the friction surfaces after driving round for a few minutes. If the rust is in circles it suggests there is grit or stones in the pads and not all of the...
  15. cupra bumper inserts

I got some foglight covers for my cupra from Dave at Sere Motors (see Seat dealers forums on here). They were pretty cheap - the £7 each mentioned earlier sounds about right. (I was going to put some brake cooling ducts in and junk the foglights as they keep getting broken by stones). Not sure...
  16. HELP! Key Remote Broken

To expand on zach225's suggestion.... There are 2 parts to the key; a passive immobiliser part that is coded to your car (and can only be set up by a dealer) and the RF part which is used for remote locking and alarm (the circuit board where the battery goes). The RF bit can be coded to any...
  17. KNOWLEDGE NEEDED epc light (engine fault petrol engine)

The engine management (ECU) cuts the fuel when you put your foot on the brake. It sounds like your new LED bulbs may be confusing the ECU into thinking you are pressing the brakes. I would just try putting the original filament bulbs back in. A completely blown bulb or a busted brake light...
  18. Rear Washer Problem

I've had the washer pipes fixed under warranty on my MK4 Cupra. I also had it fixed under warranty on a MK2 Cupra we bought new in 1998. looks like it's taken Seat 12+ years to spot the design flaw. Save 50p per car using cheap fittings and then pay out £50 per car to fix the problem under...
  19. Help Buying a MK4 Ibiza Cupra

Alloys are an interesting shape to clear the 4 pot Seat Sport/AP racing front brakes. As a result of that (and the rubber band tyres) they are very easy to kerb so have a good check. Replacements are about £250 a piece from Seat, and very few other makes of wheel will fit.
  20. Centre Sun Visor Fitting

Mine (black version to match a Cupra) came with the screw included. The centre sunvisor opens towards the mirror (rather than towards the windscreen like the 2 main ones). The base part has a central hole for the single screw plus 2 plastic peg things, 1 each side of the screw hole. All 3...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.