Search results

1. RobH

AWD conversion on a cupra 280

But you irfan and poverty said APR was the best thing since sliced bread and nothing came close to there maps and the way they're calibrated them and customer service and just the whole package... forgive me but it is a little funny you now have Revo.
  2. RobH

AWD conversion on a cupra 280

If you wanted haldex why didn't you just get a golf R or S3, the price difference between those two and a cupra 280 isn't even that much. Ridiculous idea when golf R's are available for peanuts on lease! Andrew why no APR map?
  3. RobH

vw racing r600 intake

I was originally talking to the guy that's stock though Andrew. And for him an intake is pointless and the enclosed one is pretty quiet aswell so no difference there either. Even stage 1 personally wouldn't bother over things to do first, intake last if at all for me.
  4. RobH

vw racing r600 intake

Ill be going with a Nortech cooler when its developed, the stuff they produce is of ridiculously high quality. Well until theres gearbox software stage 2 will be pointless tbh. Ill be going with GAIC for both ecu and tcu software. I know stage 2 maps are finished but still working on s-tronic...
  5. RobH

vw racing r600 intake

Vbox times with an intake on a mapped car show around 1 to 2 tenths at best improvement to 100mph, so unless you've got some actual figures that show a better improvement Ill be given it a miss thanks. Exhaust intercooler like I said above will make a big difference on these engines. Mine...
  6. RobH

vw racing r600 intake

Deffo wouldn't bother with an intake on a stock car and tbh ive herd the gains arnt that great at stage 1 with all intakes as the stock box is already decent. Intercooler and exhaust will be the best mods for performance increase on these cars I reckon. 25+hp with the scorpion tbe on mine and...
  7. RobH

Cupra 280 DSG Gearbox warning message

With a dsg map the box will handle anything the standard turbo can throw at it. Its that simple really.
  8. RobH

The tcu is different and the security is a lot harder to crack. So theres no tcu software out yet then kinda like I said no? No one is in the game of paying for mods without knowing the potential side affects but then no one suggested that did they? Nice edit though... You can talk to your...
  9. RobH

Plenty of tuners being who exactly? There isn't a tcu map out for the latest tcu yet. With a map the dsg will easily handle the increased torque EASILY! End of the day you go to pay to play, if your not willing to do that.. stay stock! Regardless the dsg definitely isn't rated to 350nm.
  10. RobH

Considering that on the golf 6r some people are running in excess of 400ftlbs on standard clutchpacks with dsg software and the latest dq250 has uprated clutchpacks as standard over the previous gen, I think we will be fine with this box. Mine does slip off the line when launching now its...
  11. RobH

Leon 280 race chip

Just going from what ive read/been told and its a heavily monitored system, the ecu in these cars can even monitor turbine speed. It may not show up from a simple plug in of ODIS but if someone throws an engine and VW/Seat/Audi have a deeper look they will be able to see everything. Think...
  12. RobH

Leon 280 race chip

A tuning box can 100% cause a TD1 flag if VAG were to looking into it. The new ECU's monitor everything and store it... Everything! The only way around it realistically and to be sure is to re boot your ecu similar to what you do with computers then all files stored will be gone.
  13. RobH

DSG Paddle replacement

Why not just fit the ones off the S3, I think they look better than any of the carbon stick on ones available and personally I think those look cheap and nasty.
  14. RobH

Aftermarket alloys

The wheels are the same fitment from the mk2 leon 5x112pcd et50 but et45 will look spot on so spacers arn't needed.
  15. RobH

MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

No bogging down here without launch control. Yeah somewhere around 4000rpms is about right. I doubt the Cupra would catch up below 100mph tbh, and the more power you throw at them the bigger the gap becomes. Unless already rolling of coarse but then still relying on a dry road. The S3 in...
  16. RobH

Numerous videos show the same outcome! Best way to make a car faster is to lose weight, the merc is a tank. The only thing I will say is, dont think the merc was using its race control. That's shaves a couple of tenths off its time.
  17. RobH

Bigger Throttle Body on TSI 2.0??

INA offer a 70mm throttle body for the tfsi and tsi. Gains to be had across the entire rev range.
  18. RobH

What Zboyd said is pretty much what the saleman said. I wanted the gfv a bit higher to bring the payments down but they want you to have equity in the car so you have something to play with at the end and your a lot more likely to buy another car if you have £3-4k sat it in come hand back.
  19. RobH

The GFV is actually set quite low to ensure theres equity in the car come trade in. Going by the last S3 they were still around the low £20k after 4 years. After 4 years I bet the new cupra will be worth around £10-12k
  20. RobH

yes 350hp out of the golf gti mate. I reckon by the time you factor in residuals the price difference between the 3 will be negligible. The golf r will probably be the cheaper buy over 3 years or so looking at residuals. The cupra will lose about 10k in a year no doubt. After 4 years the gfv...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.