Search results

1. Invisible

K1 kitted Leon Cupra gone........ Now got a TTRS

Nice to see your keeping up the modding Mark. I do miss my K1. I resisted the templtation to take myEVO on the 1/4 at the pod the other week. I will when its running right. To think I threw my toys out of the pram and sold my K1 cause I couldnt get hold of an exhaust hanging bracket...
  2. Invisible

pic request number plate

The size of the plate is not a problem. It's the letters that have to confirm to the standard size regulations. If you have an 'showplates' made up use them for the shows only if thats not stating the obvious! lol
  3. Invisible

Improving the handling at speed?

Forgot to mention I did poloybushes too, and ordered from JKM. Also order the full THS FR3 mounting set from them, which is up 4 grabs as they still sitting in box in gargae unused and car now sold! £250 new from JKM if you add the VAT on
  4. Invisible

Car back to standard, bah!

Welcome to the EVO scene :) 4-wheel drive for the win, had mine about 4 weeks now albeit a IX. I'll keep an eye out for you on the EVO forums. I've already started the modding on mine but alot of work to do to get my IX the way I want it. Is a bit of a lemon at the moment (ie taking off...
  5. Invisible

Improving the handling at speed?

cheapest check is tyre pressures. Just running my tyres 2 psi below recommened made a huge difference. Just remember the recommended is only a guide. I also fitted a WALK kit but that was just to try and keep the front wheels on the ground when accelerating hard from stand still. This also...
  6. Invisible

K1 Gone but not forgotten

Hi mate, I am out and about Fri/Sat but should be around Sunday afternoon. Drop me a text if you free, I'll pop over (or you can come to me)
  7. Invisible

I put a new coil pack in and is now running sweet but never managed to pin SEAT down to confirming what was causing them to go. The exhaust hanging bracket was the final straw for me. Basically a £10 bit of steel they could not get for me!! The Garage that is now selling it is going to get a...
  8. Invisible

A bit sketchy on the specs to be honest as previous owner did not provide any details of what has been done but it is not standard i know that and I'm still learning about EVO'S so will check more out From what I have established so far; 3inch exhaust with decat apexi avc-r boost...
  9. Invisible

Hi all, Just a quick post to say I finally decided to scratch the itch and try a different car. So my K1 has gone and at the weekend replaced it with an EVO IX. Two totally different cars to drive, the evo actually grips the tarmac from stand still and handles better (4WD). Performance...
  10. Invisible

Invisibles K1 Upgrades - Now with WALK and HPFP Stg1

Forgot to mention - Car now sold! It has been a great fun car and I still have mixed emotions if I have done the right thing or not. I'm actually regretting it the more I think about it!! I am sure you will see it up for sale somewhere soon. Sold it with all the mods on. The only...
  11. Invisible

Invisibles K1 Upgrades - Now with WALK and HPFP Stg1

Hi Mate - Im about 30 mins from Long Eaton. Often up at University Boulevard at weekends
  12. Invisible

Tuning my cupra K1...

Panel filter waste of time as Rob said. Ben @ Revo a top bloke, you will love the map. Save your cash for induction kit. Id go for a REV D DV (the new SEAT version) not sure whay you would want to pay extra for the Froge version but that's your choice. I's also recommend the WALK kit...
  13. Invisible

Is this a good deal??? (Dealer K1 sale)

plus steering wheel controls. Not a bad price but I reckon you could get them for under 14K at a push, 13,995
  14. Invisible

Recommendation required - Cupra Induction Kits??

Fittingis relatively easy, it's just the turbo hose clip thats the difficult one to remove and don;t go thinking yoiu can get it off with some plong nose pliers you wont be able too. Either borrow the right tool or buy one. If you read my build thread you will see my observations on fitting...
  15. Invisible

TFSI internal oil leak

Having purchased a new A5 recently, due for a service soon, early impression are they good but then when selling you a brand new car they usually are!! I'll also circulate how I find the first service and if anything goes wrong how they deal with it As for SEAT, thanks Rob, I'll do some...
  16. Invisible

Missfires on tickover

I think this could be the coil packs. Our engines are very clever they are setup to still run pretty well even though they have faults. Check your plugs for oil deposits, if so you could be looking at the same problem as me; oil leaking from a fractured gasket onto the spark plugs causing...
  17. Invisible

Backbox exhaust hook broken!

well I've got to bit the bullet before the warranty runs out and put myself through the pain of arguing about the oil leaking onto my spark plugs and blowing my coil packs so might as well try and find some time to get both looked at
  18. Invisible

Backbox exhaust hook broken!

Has anyone else had this before. On a K1 with only 25K on the clock, 08 plate, still under warranty until June. I looked at the back of my car yesterday and thought the exhaust looked a bit low and lob-sided. I thought maybe the book had just come out of the rubber holder but it has...
  19. Invisible

Leon Cupra K1....your thoughts please?

Hi Mate, just reminded me I didn't text you back!! Oops sorry!! Yep still around. I had plannned to take the car to them a couple of weeks back but other than a phone call into the service centre who seemed particularly unhelpful, unknowledgeable and reluctant to look at it under warranty I...
  20. Invisible

Forge recirculation valve and forge blow off

yes you can fit the ITG with these. No I would not spend my money on the Forge items. Instead I would spend my cash on a new OEM Revision D DV and fit that instead. The items you talk of are only for show and do little for performance enhancements, the ITG will give you the noise you...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.