Search results

1. DarrenJ

2004 Leon Cupra TDI Black Magic

You just jack up the car and take off the under panel and you'll see them - not a hard job at all and space isn't too bad at all. The inlets will be fine just the crappy connections that new seals and clips will sort.
  2. DarrenJ

No need to change cooler - these are good for up to 240bhp. Just change clips and seals. I would tie cable ties around the pipes and around the connections on the cooler and cross tie to prevent any movement - this completely prevented any wear on mine and no probs ever after doing that...
  3. DarrenJ

Yes that's exactly what I did - you see the engine swings back on forth on its mounts and this wiggles the intercooler pipes going into the intercooler and over time they wear loose. Worth doing the seals and clips first - I also put heavy duty cable ties around the pipes and cross-tied them...
  4. DarrenJ

Clay bar kit got today from Halfords cost €32 but the results were worth it even if it will need another few goes to cut down into the lacquer a bit more.
  5. DarrenJ

PD150 - Project clean air!

I made up my own catch can and it works well. Judging by how much it collects it's a good addition and definitely is cleaning up the system. If you want to see how I made mine just check my car's thread. In total it costs less than a fiver to make the can.
  6. DarrenJ

PD150 - Project clean air!

I didn't bother with the EGR delete just turned it down to min function on VAG com and then when I got her mapped I got him to turn it off completely and map out the fault code. My EGR was completely caked up by 63k miles and my intake manifold the same. I havn't taken the mani off yet but I do...
  7. DarrenJ

'Rebuilt after bought' maybe! The roads over in UK are a damn sight better than they are over here (well the back roads are terrible over here). Galway is the best city in Ireland (in my opinion) - it has everything very close to it or right in it. It's a great place for young people and...
  8. DarrenJ

When it comes to oil different people say different things - there's so much different recommendations. Jeez yours will definitely have earned the 'built not bought' sticker! It's good that at least you will 'know' your car now having had it literally in bits! I know I should be dropping it a...
  9. DarrenJ

Hi Joshy! Sure is. The green bottle of oil is ESP formula for PD engines but I get the slightly thicker oil to sweeten up the engine that bit more. You are doing great work on yours. Hope she gets put back together and ends up running fine. It should be a class machine when she's back on...
  10. DarrenJ

Not much done lately. Service today with good oil. Also put on new intercooler pipe seals on lower intercooler pipes and fitted new horseshoe clips. Clips - €2 Seals (green) - €4.90 Aero wipers in the post on the way. Oils used since 63k mils (now 77.5 k miles)
  11. DarrenJ

Relay Panel

Thanks Lee. I got new glow plugs put in but the garage said they kept blowing the glow plug fuse on top of the battery. I just want to check everything is working ok. I don't have any EML on the dash anymore since they were changed but because they were blowing the fuse I want to check...
  12. DarrenJ

Relay Panel

Do you have to remove the panel under the dash to access the relays?
  13. DarrenJ

Boost leaks.....??

Mine loves the cold sharp nights - air is denser at lower temps. But it holds it power when warm but I do notice that the turbo is far more prominent when the engine is cold and i start off driving on a cold night or morning - again I always thought this was down to the cold air being denser.
  14. DarrenJ

MK1 Leon FR TDI, Stealth Edition [PREPPING FOR SALE]

Handbrake could be sticking on - I'd try and grease up the exposed cable behind the discs and if needs be - get new return springs.
  15. DarrenJ

They are a rare machine over here and I'd say all of them were brought over. I was very impressed with the torque in 6th gear it has. We can meet him again when it suits.
  16. DarrenJ

Met up with Chris (seatturbopower) and had a look at his 20v Turbo Leon Cupra. Very clean machine and nice go in it too and it's a credit to both him and the previous owners. The colour is one of my favourite too. I noticed how the detail of the metallic silver Leon is so much clearer than...
  17. DarrenJ

PD150 misfires when cold + poor MPG

Mine was sticky after a clean - the exhaust note would change as if more emissions were coming out one minute and then it would close and the colour of the smoke was changing as well. They are a pain in the backside and I'd definitely go about turning it down on VAGcom or mapping the car (even...
  18. DarrenJ

Hi man - there's a Cupra R regularly parked outside of Petworld. You should meet up with me and Robd with yours sometime in Galway.
  19. DarrenJ

Thanks man! If you look through the early pages of this thread you'll see a pic of the EGR and inlet manifold @ 63k miles - completely blocked up. I got the car mapped and I mapped out the EGR fault code after getting it turned down to 1% function (if I ever decided to have it work)...
  20. DarrenJ

PD150 misfires when cold + poor MPG

1 way of checking if the glow plugs are ok is to check them with a multimeter for resistence - they should be roughly the same resistence in ohms.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise