Search results

1. Cupra 280 mudflaps for front and rear

Wouldn't fit them unless they are the integrated and painted in body colour type. "granny flaps" only look cool on a Lancia Stratos or STI but imho. spoil the looks a two wheel drive onroad model.
  2. The scarcity of the Cupra

Guess Spain indeed is not a big market for fast petrol Seats. The Spanish factory 1p Cupras (approx. 1 year old) 1p mostly where sold in the Netherlands/Germany.
  3. xenon bulb keeps falling out holder!

Xenon bulbs are cheap nowadays have to be changed in pairs to avoid color difference
  4. What's this part for (picture)?

te part is an interferance filter, if you have a clear/good radio reception I would leave it the way it was (why fix it if it aint broken).
  5. Caliper paint

Motip and foliatec work just as well. Only thing is you need not too low working temperatures (so this is the perfect summer job)
  6. Bucket seats - talk to me

I would look for Recaro sportster seats. They are way better than all the bucket seats Seat did so far. Had them in leather/dynamica in my 1p and they fitted perfectly. Iff you're good at diy look at Ebay for a pair of lotus evora seats (these come really cheap and have superb leather on them).
  7. Cupra 280 Milltek?

Don't know if they do it for the Leon too but for my subaru Milltek delivered black ceramic coated tailpipes for the same price. Looked way better and it stays black. than again I wouldn't order milltek again. No idea what this firms idea is on Quality control / good fitment is but I've seen...
  8. coolant cupra 280

Today asked a Vag technician I know. G12/G12+ and the red G13 will all work fine in a leon (and can be mixed). All three can be obtained in a 50/50 version and pre-mixed ready to use. If not too much water can be used to top up (if the right coolant is not available). He strongly advices to use...
  9. Leon Sport Cross

Seat does something like this for the Alpine markets/Germany. This summer I drove a tuned and modified X-perience with tdi motor. I liked it (the looks went in the direction of the first pic) but don't know if I would pay the extra price over a stock ST leon.
  10. coolant cupra 280

The Netherlands
  11. coolant cupra 280

Maybe it's country related The official stuff i buy displays a tekst that mixing is not nescesary and will have negative influence on the claimed specs Honda and subaru also sell premixed magbe because demi watar is really hard to obtain
  12. Cupra 290, anyone?

Guess it's merely a marketing thing if its not yet time for a facelift with substantial changes you come with badge tuning. It's cheap and it won't hurt sales ( there are always some buyers believing that new is better) Good thing is that they still get a great car without modifications that...
  13. ST Cupra 280 takes on Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde at Nurburgring

As said on the Nordschleife the skills of the driver combined with the track experience are at least as important as the quality of the car (on a real / modern racetrack the seat would have a much harder time to keep up). Recently watched a video of Nino Pallavicini on his 1000 RR followed by a...
  14. Oops lost the car key

Hope is isn't a regular location you walk your dog since the finder now is able to drive off with your car (salt water wil solve this problem in no time).
  15. Cupra 280 - sound improvement

Won't be cheap to make a 2.0 sound really good. Milltek as said is an option but a good exhaust firm that knows what they are doing could come up with someting better made custom to your wishes (fittment and quality of Milltek is not as good as the price would suggest). Got this from a friend...
  16. coolant cupra 280

You know that the pink Vag stuff isn't meant to be mixed with water (and seeing the low price I wouldn't either). Adding water (de mineralized of distilated, never plain tap water) would be only a temporary solution)
  17. 6-speed DSG maximum torque

As said the question shouldn't be how much torque it can handle, since it's really strong and even the above mentioned 550 nm will work (for some time). Question is how much it can handle under all circustances and for an acceptable amount of time. Dutch / German tuners have enough...
  18. Clutch slip

Maybe contact your tuner first. If all is working fine the new clutch in combination with an over asking mapping will again start slipping in no time. Furthermore, should have considered that some parts would go early after pushing the performance up to x bhp and a lot of Nm. Each to their...
  19. Going to see a Leon 280 tomnorrow. Convince me to buy this over an Impreza

I have the subaru STI (2011 Se) and drive the cupra 280 on a weekly basis (both being the latest in a long rowe of fast hatches and a ttrs). I would say if you're looking for a fast daily that can be very easily tuned and tracked go for the Cupra it's easily the best choice. I you're looking...
  20. Michelin Pilot Supersport overkill on diesel fr?

You did well, didn't like the PS3 at all. Don't know what Michelin was thinking with the PS3 especially the sport part is out of place. Basically is not a very bad tyre (way better than the energy's) but more suited for mileage than performance. The old PS1 performed well on rwd sportscars but...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise