Search results

1. bete noir

seat ibiza cupra gti mk2 cluster pinount

@dimitri_mk3 Sorry this has taken a while. The table below is not definitive, I have put it together from my Ibizas plus ElsaWin and a Golf cluster, but I am pretty sure about everything where the 'function' is shown in black and white. It does not provide an obvious answer to your coolant light...
  2. bete noir

@dimitri_mk3 I think I have details of some of the mk3 Golf / mk2 Ibiza cluster pin-out differences. I am away at the moment but I will check when I have the chance.
  3. bete noir

I have given you a pretty comprehensive answer to your question. If you are still unsure what to do, maybe you should consider getting some help from someone who has some idea what they are doing around car electrics.
  4. bete noir

The yellow wire that connects to pin 8 in the instrument cluster should be cut and the cluster side of this wire needs to be connected to earth. The instrument cluster earth is the brown wire on pin 3 of the instrument 28-way connector. I checked my notes, the wiring diagrams in the workshop...
  5. bete noir

@thanos6k What you are seeing is the normal issues with swapping Ibiza GTi gauges into a lesser spec Ibiza that I alluded to in post #2 above. The ABF engine has two oil pressure switches, whereas your 1.4 8v will have only one. The two switches are connected to separate pins on the instrument...
  6. bete noir

SWAP 1.4 TO 1.8T 20V

Is there a reason why you still have the 1.4 ECU? I know nothing about the 1.4 ECU but even ECUs from different 1.8T engine codes have differences in pin-outs, so I would have thought an AQX ECU would significantly increase your probability of success.
  7. bete noir

Bete Noir's Black Mk2 Leon Cupra R

All clean and shiny for the first potential buyer, who subsequently bought it. Ready to be taken to its new home. Less than an hour away, so I may even see it around.
  8. bete noir

SEAT Leon 1P Mk2 Cupra R SOLD

Deposit taken.
  9. bete noir

Still for sale. So far has only been advertised on here, but will be listed on eBay at the weekend.
  10. bete noir

I forgot a couple of things in the original post. Triple R front splitter and spare BBS SEAT Sport wheel added.
  11. bete noir

Bete Noir's Black Mk2 Leon Cupra R

Now for sale here
  12. bete noir

Ken, Thanks for your interest. I have replied to your email. Regards, Martin
  13. bete noir

For sale is my 2010 Mk2 Leon Cupra R It have owned this for 8 years, and I shall be sorry to see it go, but it is time to replace it with something entirely different. Genuine Cupra Rs such as this are pretty rare, and I have never seen another black mk2 Leon Cupra R on the road. It has...
  14. bete noir

Mk4 6L Ibiza 1.8T Cupra Engine & Gearbox, plus a few other bits

Gearbox and exhaust now gone. Engine still available, plus Milltek K04 decat downpipe.
  15. bete noir

Mk4 6L Ibiza 1.8T Cupra Engine & Gearbox, plus a few other bits

From SEAT Ibiza mk4 6L 1.8T Cupra. Car had about 120k mileage. My son had spent quite a bit had spent quite a bit on it, but a change of plans meant it had to go, and as it was worth more in parts rather than whole we broke the car. Most bits are gone now, but I will add a few of the remaining...
  16. bete noir

Seat cordoba 1.4 gearbox swap

The best VAG gear ratio data I have found is VW Technic. Click the diagram and it takes you to a spreadsheet for download. However, I had a quick look and I could not find gearbox code FFE in there, sadly the spreadsheet is VW focused. However, if you know the 'type' (e.g. 02J, 02K etc) then you...
  17. bete noir

DC's 8v mk2 Ibiza GTi Cupra Sport *Back on the road!*

Very nice. I saw this on eBay. I imagine you got this cheaper than you might have done simply because the seller did such a rubbish job of the listing.
  18. bete noir

Fuel pump

The ECU will only activate the fuel pump for a few seconds without the engine running. If the fuel in the tank will start the car you can remove the fuel return hose under the bonnet from the pipe back to the tank, then start the engine and it will run and pump the returned fuel into a can...
  19. bete noir

mk2 cupra short shifter

That is interesting, thanks for posting the update. I hope you resolve the issue with getting into 5th.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise