Search results

1. Locking / Alarm problem on toledo mk2 TDI SE

found out this only happens when I manually lock the car at the boot and then unlock the car at the drivers door (as remote keyfob broken using manual keyfob) this unlocks the car but obviously the boot still stays hardlocked...think the circuit still thinks the car is locked
  2. Locking / Alarm problem on toledo mk2 TDI SE

Hi Guys, Nearly everytime I unlock my car now and pull any door handle the alarm goes off. For some reason the red flickering alarm light stays on even when the door catch things pop up- I have to unlock the car several times sometimes- I have lost my central locking key fob too so this is...
  3. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

you can use exterior grade sealant in copious amounts this is considerably cheaper compared with buying the proper seals. trim clips can be picked up mega cheap on ebay don't bother with dealers they're like 80p each there. I just bought about 10 for near £4 delivered do you mean the sump...
  4. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide

you can use exterior grade sealant in copious amounts this is considerably cheaper compared with buying the proper seals. trim clips can be picked up mega cheap on ebay don't bother with dealers they're like 80p each there. I just bought about 10 for near £4 delivered do you mean the sump...
  5. Drive belt change (ribbed V belt) on 110 TDI

Belt changed no probs, though a long ring spanner would have done the trick for better leverage! Thanks for the advice MJ
  6. URGENT - 110 TDI leaking coolant from sensor!!

Will make sure I do that too.
  7. inner tie / track rod end replacement - help please!

Did the job today was pretty straight forward as you said. went on real easy. used zip ties too
  8. URGENT - 110 TDI leaking coolant from sensor!!

Ok thanks Lee will give it a go first thing tomorrow morning. though wonder if I have damaged anything when I tried to yank it out initially. Will let you know how I get on.
  9. URGENT - 110 TDI leaking coolant from sensor!!

thanks for the replies guys I am massively pissed off at the prospect of not being able to go on my holiday now...forgot about bank holiday monday too :( What can I lube it with? also would getting PTFE tape round it, like what plumbers use help? cheers
  10. URGENT - 110 TDI leaking coolant from sensor!!

I removed the temp sensor to replace it only to find that I have bought the wrong one. When I put the old one back in it just wouldn't stop leaking. [:@] Am I doing something wrong? I tried to pull it initially an then discovered the circlip it seems firmly in place but still leaking :( going...
  11. Drive belt change (ribbed V belt) on 110 TDI

Hi all, I am going to change the drive belt tomorrow as the old one is cracking. Am using the Haynes Golf/Bora manual (same engine as you guys know) as a guide. There is no mention of the need to replace the tensioner so am assuming that I am I should just fit the belt. Is this correct...
  12. inner tie / track rod end replacement - help please!

still waiting for the track / tie rod to arrive [bump] what do you think about getting the boot on?
  13. Temperature Gauge issue

Thanks MJ! I asked Muttley cos he is pretty switched on with this engine :) 1 litre! omg better get a jug ready
  14. Temperature Gauge issue

Hi Muttley, I have to change this and already have the replacement sensor ready but can't find where its supposed to go in. Do you have a picture/link to one so I know where to replace it. Also how much coolant actually leaks out when you remove the sensor? Many thanks
  15. inner tie / track rod end replacement - help please!

Oh forgot to ask...how easy are the inner boots to get on and off- this guy recommends slitting them a bit, is it really necessary (I know this guide is for a Mk3 setup as opposed to Mk4 but hey) http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/campingart/jettatech/tierods/tierods.htm
  16. inner tie / track rod end replacement - help please!

Thanks dholdi...will let you know how I get on!
  17. inner tie / track rod end replacement - help please!

Thank you for your reply. Are you saying that you didn't buy this tool and just used stillsons to remove the rods? I was planning to do it this way and just to cut the rod too (to make it more accessible) so to clarify doing it this way without the special tool is possible and will take...
  18. inner tie / track rod end replacement - help please!

Hi guys, Big problem but in short could someone please advise on this: Does anyone know if its a case of just using a 30/32mm spanner to 'unscrew' it from the rack or do I need a special tool? (its for a non-cupra mk1 Leon) Many thanks!
  19. Help with brake bleeding / replacing brake fiuid help

Thanks for your reply. I am going to do it the way I have written and then do the clutch. Yes will make sure that I pay very good attention to the fluid reservoir...but if all else fails will take it to a garage as it really needs doing.
  20. Squeaky window

more than likely the regulator clips are failing (made of plastic) would be very careful and definitely take a look inside otherwise it may just fail and the glass will fall down inseide the window