Search results

1. Grey Fox

Shaky?

Mine does this too .. I noticed it the other day. The rev counter needle didn't seem to be fluctuating whilst it was doing it. Not sure whether to be concerned about it or not - never had a petrol car do that before!
  2. Grey Fox

Going from manual to DSG/flappy paddles :)

I too thought I'd never have an auto, but I think DSG is a brilliant choice in this day & age where 'driving for pleasure' is hard to come by - use the Auto for stress-free motoring then whack in to S or pluck them paddles and have a blast when the moment takes you! I had Lotus Elise before...
  3. Grey Fox

Fitted Brodit phone holder (with pics)

A mate of mine fitted the centre one to his Leon and had the same problems, apparently he used some kitchen utensils in the end! I thinks that's a trick of the camera :) .. mine are grey too.
  4. Grey Fox

I guess the only negative with the position of the holder is the access. Getting my iPhone in is OK but getting it out it can hit the A-pillar slightly if you're in a rush. I have the Proclip as far down as possible but there is a probably a few mm where I screwed the holder to the backplate to...
  5. Grey Fox

Took the plunge and fitted the right-hand version of the Brodit Proclip with iPhone 4 holder. The Proclip was a 2min job to fit - no problems there. The holder wa a bit fiddly - it has some pretty tiny screws to attach it to the Proclip. Got it on in the end though, but might be worth...
  6. Grey Fox

5dr Vibration

Both my interior door handles rattle and buzz on anything less than super smooth roads - really annoying.
  7. Grey Fox

suspension

One of the things I noticed the first day I had mine. Only with the window down.
  8. Grey Fox

Brodit ProClip right-hand mount

I'd appreciate some pics if you can. Did you get an Active or Passive holder? Just wondering how you got on with hiding the cables.
  9. Grey Fox

It IS expensive really but I can't be faffed with the pluging in wires thing. I've seen pics of the centre mount on here, but not the right-hand version.
  10. Grey Fox

Looking for an iPhone in-car mounting solution and narrowed it down to the Macally cup holder and a Brodit Proclip/Active holder. I've seen a couple of you have installed the Brodit centre mount, but has anyone installed the RIGHT-HAND version? I'd be interested to know if there enough...
  11. Grey Fox

SEAT number 5!

Thanks. Haven't exchanged posts with you for a while Scott - I remember you from way back! Black/Red Leon Cupra Mk1? I didn't actively look for that colour, but I do like silver for those reasons and the my local dealer had it on the forecourt. One thing I've noticed is that SEAT (VAG)...
  12. Grey Fox

SEAT number 5!

Need to save some pennies me thinks. Don't want to end up with the sub 20mpg like the K1 though. But then that was probably more to do with my right foot, the Bluefin can't take all the blame :D
  13. Grey Fox

SEAT number 5!

Still have the Bluefin from my K1 - double hmmm :)
  14. Grey Fox

SEAT number 5!

Ticks all the boxes so far. Now, to Revo/Blufin or not? .. Hmmm
  15. Grey Fox

SEAT number 5!

Had mid-life crisis (Lotus Elise :rolleyes:). Been down the economy route (Citroen C1) - yeah I know :confused: ... ... seen the error of my ways and come back to my good friend SEAT - but with a twist - after a string of Cupra's I am now an FR owner! :D Here she is, my lovely Luna Grey FR 1.4...
  16. Grey Fox

Milltek on K1 advice

Thanks guys, sounds like Milltek are right Stage 2 here we come!!
  17. Grey Fox

Milltek on K1 advice

So you had the noisier non-resonated then changed to the quieter resonated? Do you find the your current setup (resonated) quieter than stock which is what milltek imply even though you have sports cat presumably?
  18. Grey Fox

Milltek on K1 advice

My main worry is that I do a fair amount of motorway driving and don't want it to be too intrusive over long distances.
  19. Grey Fox

Milltek on K1 advice

Can someone confirm the following advice that I received today from Milltek. I was enquiring about a Cat-back Resonated for my K1 and they said that the Resonated was designed for the Sports Cat and without it it would be quieter than my stock pipe and that I should go for the non-resonated...
  20. Grey Fox

Cupra TDI vs ???

Try going up against an RS4 like I did the other day and you will be humbled :D
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.