Search results

1. BMcN

Goodbye to the SEAT community.

If you also read the Evo review, they said the same. However, if you read the Evo buyer guide you will see that they like the car later. It looks like Ford messed around with the LSD on the press cars, to make them faster on the track but almost undrivable on the road. The torque steer is not...
  2. BMcN

Goodbye to the SEAT community.

Well it has been a while since I have been on here, so I thought I'd just post and say why. Sold my car (see here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50253&highlight=flash+red) at the end of July and then spent over 2 months changing my mind about what I wanted. I was stuck...
  3. BMcN

I fitted new MAF but...

What codes are you getting? DId you fit the new Temp sensor?
  4. BMcN

Still having Coolent temp errors

MAF: BOSCH n/a 460441880 AIRFLOW METER AUDI/SEAT/SKODA/VW A3/A4/A6/TT/CORD/IBI/LEON/OCT/PASS £73 +VAT for Eurocar parts This the right one? I presume the cheaper one is best avoided?
  5. BMcN

I have already changed the sensor and the error is still there.
  6. BMcN

Ok logs are up here: http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/pipexdsl/s/asah77/log/ Best bet is to right clikc and save as because IE/Firefox doesnt display them in a nice manner :cartman: Help :confused: :confused: :wtf:
  7. BMcN

No problem, firstly the temp sensor is easy to find. Look at your water header tank, there will be a small pipe toward the top above the water level, follow it down to where it joins a pipe that is about an inch thick. The sensor should be close to here. Now the sensor is held in by a...
  8. BMcN

Still having Coolent temp errors (with logs) Basically I am still getting the following error code: Then after 15-20 min of running the car I get this code: Then the turbo stops working and the I get limp mode with the engine diag light on. As previously advised I have replaced...
  9. BMcN

coolant temperature sensor

your cable will be serial and use a USB convertor I guess? Or do you have a serial port on your laptop? I'll codes i was and still am getting are: 17536 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean P1128 - 35-00 - - 01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor (G2) 30-10 - Open or Short to B+ -...
  10. BMcN

coolant temperature sensor

I had the same problem, replaced the sensor and I am still having the same problem, same fault. I guess it could be the lambda although my MAF flow rates are horrible too. I had the same problem as you with the cable too, bought one of these off eBay instead of the USB > rs232 convertor and...
  11. BMcN

Turbo not working on long journeys

How much am I looking at fora a MAF, a temp sensor and a O2? What is the price on each?
  12. BMcN

From what I can see on the Audi/Jetta forums I would get an additional error saying No activity from O2 sensor if the one you talk about was dead. I'll see if i can reset the ECU and get a MAF reading.
  13. BMcN

So I need to change the Pre Cat Lambda sensor, not the MAF? And yes the battery was disconnected when resetting the ECU. Colin, are you sure its the temerature sensor and not the lean error putting the car into limp?
  14. BMcN

Ok I have not connected up VAGCOM and here is the result: I am guessing that it is 17536 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too lean that is the problem, but what would cause this? Sound like the MAF? I have a dynatwist and it is a couple of thousand over due its service.
  15. BMcN

Anything else I could use as a substitute? Alcoholic swaps?
  16. BMcN

Can't get on VAGCOM till the nd of this month. Seems to happen everytime i get low on fuel and put more in. Is the MAF the sensor just behind the air filter? I have a Dynatwist on that is probably a little overdue cleaning.
  17. BMcN

When on a long, constant speed journey I find my turbo will stop kicking in. I can still hear it spinning, just not boosting. If i let the car cooldown and start it will be fine. Feels almost like the dump valve sticking so I will phone Forge for a service kit. Was wondering if there is...
  18. BMcN

Changing ECU procedure (Cupra)

Is that because there was no need and there was plenty of room or because you could just squeeze it out and decided to try and get away with as little work as possible?
  19. BMcN

Changing ECU procedure (Cupra)

Ok guys, I'll take a few pictures as go along and I'll construct a wee guide at the end if all goes to plan. Can be added to the VAGCOM part that is already here.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.