Search results

1. bubbles1

Seat Ibiza Cupra Mk4 TDI "Breaking"

I’m in the same position . Scrapping my mk 4 Ibiza for a new VW ( up gti) and taking the £1800 deal. It’s a shame to scrap it as it’s loaded with trick bits like a quife diff, 6 pot tarox brakes etc etc ect but it’s not worth the hassle ( for me) to sell bits off .
  2. bubbles1

Blue smoke on start up !

New glow plugs fitted and all good now!
  3. bubbles1

Heavy smoke on startup

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=411608&highlight=blue+smoke+start
  4. bubbles1

Quik question

Thanks! I've ordered a single 10mm spline bit from ebay for a couple of £'s which should be all I need as never needed a spline bits on other parts of the car.
  5. bubbles1

Quik question

Hi ! Did a search but found nothing (although I know it's been covered) regarding the size of bolt heads for the font seats which mount the seat to the floor. I'm going to remove the front bucket seat & harness and put my standard seat back in as not doing track days any more. Just need the...
  6. bubbles1

Blue smoke on start up !

My 139k pd 130 gives a big puff of blue smoke on start up especially when the weather turns cooler. In warm weather it's not as noticeable. No blue smoke is emitted when driving even when decelerating. Is this a sign of worn vale seals? Is it a big problem? How easy to fix? Car runs...
  7. bubbles1

Stuck going into 1st gear and reverse... normal?

Sounds like the the gear linkage needs adjusting. Simple job.
  8. bubbles1

TDI Cupra Air Con removal. Help needed!

No nothing. You can do a fault code read which shows a some Air con fault which can be expected as it's been removed.
  9. bubbles1

No error codes. I removed my air con as it was broken but you'd be hard pushed to notice any difference. I also moved my 19kg battery to the boot and you certainly feel the difference with that!
  10. bubbles1

I had my air con removed and now use a 6pk975 belt. Don't think you need to change tensioner? Been running perfectly for the last 3 years now.
  11. bubbles1

Speedo Issue - Seat ibiza mk4 1.9 TDI

If I bought this instrument cluster http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151100476952 To replace my 6 dial set up with broken speedo where would you recommend I take it to be coded in ? I'm in North Wales. Thanks
  12. bubbles1

RWD Ibiza ?

Great idea !
  13. bubbles1

RWD Ibiza ?

Anyone seen this build thread? OMG ! Just mental :1st::1st: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1334825&mid=177932&nmt=SEAT+Ibiza+%2D+rwd+turbo
  14. bubbles1

Abs help

Good point with the copper grease. I use red brake grease for my brakes which is recommended as it is rubber friendly. My Haynes manual recommended copper grease for this sensor but next time I have the wheels off will use the red grease. BTW when I pulled the good left sensor out it was...
  15. bubbles1

Abs help

Yes agree ! Took some time to free the right hand side one . Used copper grease on re fitting. It's probably never been removed in 11 years so can be expected . Having a go at left side for some pre planned maintenance now.
  16. bubbles1

Abs help

Yes nice simple fixes like that are nice. I did see a video on you tube recommending this before replacing the sensor. Would you recommend removing the other sensors and cleaning them ? Had abs fail twice now I'm in 11 years on same front right wheel.
  17. bubbles1

Abs help

Removed the front right sensor today and cleaned it up put it back on and all working fine again. Cost to fix Zero.
  18. bubbles1

Abs help

Thanks for reply! I really could of done with some abs today on a very wet and slippery nurburgring. Had some brown pants moments for sure! On my return I'll see if I can fix it before going to a garage. Cheers!
  19. bubbles1

Abs help

I have the same fault appear as I drove around the nurburgring. Yesterday? Still have no abs or traction control and now have a wet track to tackle this Sunday morning grrr! Anyone know a quick fix??????
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.