Search results

1. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Thanks. :) I also saw someone wrote a review on some 5mm thick tape on Amazon and said it wasn't quite thick enough. Bought a couple of reels, hopefully that will do both cars.
  2. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Alright chaps! I'm going to attempt this fix at the weekend on my Leon, but also on my mother's Passat. I just have a question regarding the butyl tape...what thickness should I purchase? If someone wants to send me a link to the website where they bought there's from that would be great...
  3. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

I will look back at this when I need some inspiration. Great post, thanks jmc! :)
  4. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

I've read a newspaper article on "how to get a pay rise" or technically, how to word a letter in order to be in a good position to get a pay rise, I've followed a few key points from that in my letter and will finish it off this week and see what happens. I've basically explained what I do with...
  5. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

As stated previously I said I must sound like a spoilt brat. I'm not saying "poor me" by any means, just trying to move forward in life and make progress. I've done very well in my opinion to have a house at 25 but I guess I am quite ambitious, what's the point in standing still and not wanting...
  6. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

I posted on here because I knew I'd get a lot of varied opinions and sensible ones too, you haven't disappointed guys, so thank you. :) At be end of the day, yes it is just a car but also the second most important purchase most people make in life. I would like an AFFORDABLE, reliable, quick...
  7. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

A Mii is a sensible option but I really don't like these 'city' cars. There 'cute' and I just don't do cute! As well as looking for different jobs, I am in the process of writing a letter to HR explaining how I should be better paid, if I get a rise of even a pound an hour it will make a...
  8. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

I did some calculations last night and its pretty grim reading! After all my bills are paid and personal expenses I am left with £42 a week or £168 a month! Unless SEAT can offer me finance where I pay £40 a month I can't afford a new car, also...I'd be paying for the car for another 38 years at...
  9. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

Yeah, there is the whole 'on the property ladder' thing but I'm not really appreciating it at the moment! :( I must sound like a right spoilt brat, but I have always been careful with money as apposed to having pots of it. It is a joke that I would be better off if I had as you say 8 kids! Yet...
  10. The drawbacks of being 'sensible'

Alright chappo's! Been a while since I posted on here! Anyway...I was saving for a car (originally a mk1 Tdi FR, now I would like a 2.0 Tdi Fr K1) but me and my girlfriend got to a point when we wanted our own house, so took the plunge and bought our first house together so bang went all my...
  11. Any 2.0 16V TDI FR's (Not CR FR's) In White?!

Yeah annoyingly...it does! Like anything i suppose, for the one that's in demand/popular you'll pay more. I'm looking at other colours now and like red and black, but i'll keep my eyes peeled for a white one still.
  12. Any 2.0 16V TDI FR's (Not CR FR's) In White?!

Why are they priced so high? In demand? The second one down looks nice, but cheaper ones are out there with fewer miles!
  13. Any 2.0 16V TDI FR's (Not CR FR's) In White?!

It doesn't look like there are any out there, unless i am looking in the wrong place! Basically, i am looking for a TDI FR in white, but i only seem to find the later 09 plate CR FR's which are all out of my price range. Did they even make any white TDI FR's pre 2009?!
  14. Change Of Mind, I Now Want a Mk2

Thanks for the info and help so far guys. I think I will be fine with a diesel to be honest, even if I do feel like I haven't driven it much I can just give it a burn out of the village and do a few miles in a round trip after work or something. The tax and insurance on a petrol 170 is just...
  15. Change Of Mind, I Now Want a Mk2

Thanks for the info and help so far guys. I think I will be fine with a diesel to be honest, even if I do feel like I haven't driven it much I can just give it a burn out of the village and do a few miles in a round trip after work or something. The tax and insurance on a petrol 170 is just...
  16. Change Of Mind, I Now Want a Mk2

Cheers for that link Dave! I'll give it a proper read in the morning. Ideally a diesel wouldn't want me as an owner, although I will drive it appropriately I can't always guarantee I'll do the weekend miles! I'll no doubt only do the work miles some weeks.
  17. Change Of Mind, I Now Want a Mk2

What exactly are DPF issues? Is this to do with turning off a warm turbo diesel and not letting it 'settle' I do feel a little anxious about buying a diesel and not using it 'properly' It's a solid bit of kit is a tdi engine and an expensive one at that! My knowledge of diesel's though is...
  18. Change Of Mind, I Now Want a Mk2

Alright you lot! :) This is my first post on the mk2 section! ;) I own a mk1 1.6 and I have always wanted a mk1 Cupra R or Tdi FR so I haven't ever had a need to post on this part of the site...until now. This is typical me, after wanting a sporty Mk1 for years and years, I have had a...
  19. Getting a TDI FR! So i need to fix these problems first...

Ok, i'm in a good position where i could actually buy a car outright without the need for a p/x. I spoke to my uncle today and he highly advised that i put it on Auto Trader and sell it privately. I would be mad not to! I will look into these problems and sort out as many as i can! :) Yeah it...
  20. Getting a TDI FR! So i need to fix these problems first...

Just an update...I got a mate who happens to be a mechanic! To have a look at these problems and basically i am no better off. The central locking is a big job and will cost plenty! Much more than i am willing to pay when i plan on trading the car in anway. I am currently trying to dry out the...