Search results

1. Steely

Leon Cupra R - Melted piston *pics*

any idea on your exhaust temps? looks leaned out,
  2. Steely

Timing belt?

Same as above, as long as the belt doesnt overhang i cant see an issue, i wouldnt worry about it, if the belt tramps when running (as in floats forward and back) then theres an issue
  3. Steely

Cambelt Kit

OEM or gates powergrip belts personally, 4 years on my last gates belt and it was immaculate, get a hydraulic damper at the same time if on its 3rd belt,
  4. Steely

Boost spike... boost issues.

Are you running Super or anything 98 Ron and above? even on my moderately tuned 20vt (220 bhp 245lb ft) i get plenty of CF's running 95 Ron, tesco super or shell optimax/nitro/v-power, practically stopped it, Running 95 with the window down and flooring it you can actually hear the odd...
  5. Steely

Retiming after timing belt a tooth out

I still found with a new damper with pullring difficult.to get the belt over the lip of the jockey wheel . Being left handed didnt help really ! Lol
  6. Steely

Good to hear ! A little tip for next time that might help. Once the cam has been timed up to the new mark stick a cable tie around the belt and through one of the spokes of the pully. Time up the crank mark with the belt and wedge a cloth/microfibre under the belt and splash guard above the...
  7. Steely

very strange, i cant understand why it would be out, as long as the tension clockwise of the cam pulley over the waterpump and crank is the same and the marks lined up that is.... crank to jockey wheel and tensioner has no effect, leasts its not a bad ending!, few couple more teeth out and...
  8. Steely

Fitted my 2nd cambelt/tensioner & waterpump to the 20vt last friday, (cambelt due april and spat its waterpump last week) a good old bottle of tippex means you cant get it wrong. I still think timing off the fly and cam is always a bit hit and miss, If the old belts timing is perfect just mark...
  9. Steely

toothed belt change - apologies

The rubber perishes really. Belts suffer most load at tickover and between gearchanges. Usually they will go without warning. But id say 6 to 12month after the interval isnt really a problem. Just had a look at it and make your own judgement. Im sure the interval used to be 5 or 6 years but...
  10. Steely

toothed belt change - apologies

rule of thumb 60k miles or 4 years whatever comes first. i changed mine 4 years 3 months ago and have done 54k miles inspected it and im leaving it alone as its fine. the previous owner left it originally 6 years and 34k and was just showing signs of it breaking down. they're...
  11. Steely

Denso Iridiums, Total Poop!

I wouldnt use anything but conventional copper based plugs now. Ran plats and iridiums for 18 months Since going back to normal plugs i have next to no timing pull or floating idle. And only 12 quid a set!
  12. Steely

How to remove cambelt cover?

that picture brought back some knuckle cutting memories of replacing my brake servo!, |I found the 20vt one of the easiest cambelts to change, its just access thats the ball ache! & totally agree, its not hard just logical thinking, get the timing wrong and you'll have 20 valves dancing on...
  13. Steely

Lacquer peel question??

i masked up , flatted back and removed the flaking laquer then just dressed with U-Pol laquer, possibly the best job i could of done without getting them done at a bodyshop. i just practiced on a black dvd case to get the layers right, lasted quite well up to now,
  14. Steely

2nd rocker gasket in 6 weeks on my lcr

No need to worry. Youre not physically moving the sprockets from the chain so its near On impossible To knock the timing.
  15. Steely

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/275895-How-to-1-8T-Cam-Chain-Tensioner-Gasket-replacement
  16. Steely

As you fit the tensioner tool it slackens the chain and allows about 10mm of lift once you take the old gasket and half moon out. Then you just fit the new halfmoon and slide in the new gasket then tighten the tensioner down and remove the lockong tool If you google 1.8t tensioner gasket guide...
  17. Steely

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/160958187823?var=gv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=65 thats the chestnut, i had this about 18 months back, tell tale sign is oil collecting ontop of the bell housing above...
  18. Steely

Getting LCR professionally rustproofed?

hammerite underseal 1ltr tin £16 5 pack of paint brushes £5 3 Hours tops :) Completely undersealed a kitcar im building for less than 25 Quid on a half litre tin and leaves 380 quid for Remap :) (even though im sure all uk cars 2000 on are Shultz sealed now)
  19. Steely

What recirculating valve is this? 007 Forge?

thats a splitter 100% not a 008
  20. Steely

New guy remap results

387Mn by any chance? equates to 285 lbft.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.