Search results

1. jrsmooth

PD170 Stuttering Problem Solved

Overall engine bay shot - The EGR Valve is to the right of the dip stick.
  2. jrsmooth

Yes - As far as I am aware. :whistle:
  3. jrsmooth

Looks like Ill be getting this for mine! Motorway in 6th gear can be unbearable at times! :cry:
  4. jrsmooth

DPF Light On, Limp Mode

The link put in my post above is for the full works. Less than £900.
  5. jrsmooth

DPF Light On, Limp Mode

Link! We got them for about £500 in the group buy I think. Really does turn the car into a different animal!
  6. jrsmooth

DPF Light On, Limp Mode

Some tuning companies offer it, JBS in Chesterfield, Derbyshire is where I had mine done along with mds1256 above. Benefits: 220 - 240 bhp More MPG if driven nicely, I regularly get over 600 per tank on motorway trips. Bit more of a grunty sound (not much difference IMO) Cons...
  7. jrsmooth

Outer skin of back box corroded

/dev/null, where are you buddy. I have one that you can have for cheap! I'm near derby!
  8. jrsmooth

DPF Light On, Limp Mode

Or get a nice Bypass pipe :cartman:
  9. jrsmooth

Folding Mirrors Issue

Nope [:@] Looks like its a dodgy china knock off key I've bought. The old key fob still works perfectly, so unless the actual key needs coding, im putting down to the key being a cheap bit of crap.
  10. jrsmooth

Hello all, another Leon FR TDI owner

:lol: Mines not even that!
  11. jrsmooth

Folding Mirrors Issue

I'll try it but the window switches were certainly working fine! I'm wondering if there are different types of 3 button keys?
  12. jrsmooth

Hello all, another Leon FR TDI owner

:ban: K1 all the way! :p
  13. jrsmooth

Folding Mirrors Issue

Hi All, I have purchased a new key from ebay, just the button section, as I broke the key ring bit[:@]. After I did the necessary things to make the lock unlock work (I followed a guide on youtube) the mirrors do not fold in via the key, nor do the windows go up or down now. :censored...
  14. jrsmooth

My LCR - 300BHP WITH CUSTOM CODE VVT ATTACK

Tooney, I hate you and your car! :p Saw you the other day, running down the A6 from Sainsburys roundabout. Looking good as always! You will have to take me out for a spin with the new VVT Attack on now, see how rapid it is compared to the dirty derv!
  15. jrsmooth

A first on a mk2...

Wow, 19s sure do fill out the arches! Looks great matey! Liking the xenons too, did you follow a guide for them? Or are you planning on writing one up?
  16. jrsmooth

What do I need to access VAGCOM?

Quick search brought this up, clicky. I have that cable, and I have successfully cleared faults, logged data, enabled the alarm chirp etc.
  17. jrsmooth

xenon ballasters part number?

I'm looking at fitting OEM xenons. What exactly do I need? And what are the rough prices?
  18. jrsmooth

Decatting Diesel Help ?

I've got a twin exit on mine, but it's still got a back box. It's a milltek non resonated, you can sort of tell at tick over, a little more gruff. It's on load, when on boost that you notice it, when it gives out a nice rasp.
  19. jrsmooth

Leon FR - Towbar ?

Hmm, and something tells me that the module will cost an arm and a leg! Shame nothing is easy!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members