Search results

1. rickyjones1209

Buying Leon FR 2.0 tfsi

Could stretch to a Cupra but no need for it really, if the car was for me it would be but Jackie is nervous about having 200bhp, let alone 300bhp!
  2. rickyjones1209

Buying Leon FR 2.0 tfsi

That's my feelings too, I've always felt Seat's are solid and reliable cars. Definitely not expecting to get the same MPG as the 1.6 Pug, but the rewards will be worth it. Is the 2.0 tfsi engine the same as that in the more powerful Cupra R? Is it mapped differently or are engine...
  3. rickyjones1209

Buying Leon FR 2.0 tfsi

Hi all After several years away from the Cupra.net forum I'm making a return:) I sold my 2003 Leon Cupra R about 4 years ago and had a few cars since. I now have a 320d but I'm going to look at Leon FR Dsg tomorrow (I know it's not a Cupra!). The car will actually be for the missus, she is...
  4. rickyjones1209

No boost!

I spose best thing would be to get it on VAGCOM and see what fault its picking up. Any one had this kind of issue before?
  5. rickyjones1209

LCR wheel centre cap

Ive managed to lose a centre cap for one of my wheels. Ive looked on ebay and there seems to be sizes. neither of which i would say are the same as my caps? Where can i get 1 or 4 caps from? any idea what size they are? cheers
  6. rickyjones1209

No boost!

You know that slightly uncontrollable surge of power you get from coming on boost? Well I seemed to be missing exactly that today when out in the car:( Last week I felt I needed to be slightly heavier with the right foot to get the response I would normally expect by driving the car as i...
  7. rickyjones1209

wheel refurbing ( black )

aye, i remember seeing yours it looks very smart. ive always liked black wheels on any car and against the red it looks fit. its just £200 will go a long way towards something that actually makes a difference on the car rather than just aesthetics. we'll see what happens. cant i just get...
  8. rickyjones1209

wheel refurbing ( black )

aup im considering getting my wheels done in black. at the mo they are like two tone with black on the inside and only silver on the out flat spokes. anyone got pics of black wheels on LCR - red LCR if poss? how much does this cost etc?
  9. rickyjones1209

Inside tyre wear

ive always found front wheel drive cars wear the inside of the tyres out more - especially if you drive enthusiastically like i do! i know i drive alot of the time with traction control off and comin out of roundabouts the inside wheel can spin up. and if you imagine what part of the tyre...
  10. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

i forgot to mention i got 3 points for speeding last year - is £750 therefore reasonable?
  11. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

ha cheers - built my hopes up there!! im with greenlight i hear they generally pretty good with performance cars.
  12. rickyjones1209

210 OR 225 Help

very little difference between the two. mainly minor cosmetic differences: early 210 models have mk4 golf mirrors - as mentioned later 2003 models have teardrop mirrors the steering wheel in the 225 has a little ring at the top showing the centre of the wheel. i think the 'cupra' badge...
  13. rickyjones1209

Forge 007p dv Springs

i looked into this when i got my dv and forge themselves told me i wouldnt really need a yellow spring. they use one of these recirc valves with a green spring on a 400bhp rs4 or summat. if itl do for an rs4 itl do for me. car has been on the rollers a couple of times and car is boosting fine.
  14. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

225/40r18 is this right?
  15. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

im goin to phone me dad now and ask him to price up some falkens. can anyone remind me of the size i need for a standard LCR wheel...
  16. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

well my dad works in a garage so wont need to pay for fitting just need 2 front tyres. what can i get for £120 to £150. are the falkens in my budget?
  17. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

whoa whoa whoa who is this with? im 23 with 4 years no claims - can i get close to this?
  18. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

i know its shocking. but the months i havent got any big outgoings are the months i treat myself to new exhausts and ps3's and tvs and dont end up saving anything for when i really need it:) how much are a pair of falken 452's for the front?
  19. rickyjones1209

cheapish tyres - LCR

Aup I knew the front tyres were getting pretty low when i got back from the ring in may but i thought they would do for a few months before i needed to change them, anyway havent really bothered checking them since, silly me, and on the way to work this morning i felt the recogniseable...
  20. rickyjones1209

steering wheel wobble +80mph

i need new tyres soon anyway so i guess thats when they add the little weights to the inside. should be sorted soon then:)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members