Search results

1. 1/4 mile tactics

R888s are definitely grippier. 595RSRs are more comparable to the Toyo R1Rs. Bear in mind ibizaracebrake has had a fairly large amount of weight reduction carried out on it. That will help alot. I was advised to drop the front pressures to around 22-25psi and raise the rears to around 40psi
  2. My engine rebuild

Ive only logged mine with VCDS tbh
  3. My engine rebuild

I dont believe that for a second. My car was much worse than that when running stock software and stock cooler!! more like +30-50oC on a 4th gear WOT pull
  4. Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.4 tsi - 12.7 sec 1/4 mile.

There wouldnt be a lag issue as there is a supercharger to cancel that out. Its all about matching the compressors and AR on the GTx28 setup to the car. I dont think LOBA is better than a GT28 IMO and I had a LOBA. The limitation with our engine is boost. To make good power with the LOBA...
  5. LVS Racing MK5 Ibiza Cupra

Funnily enough ibizaracebrakes Ibiza Cupra is also DSG lol
  6. Arb

Mine are fixed. Its a balanced front/rear setup, so no requirement to adjust. Me personally, on previous cars where i have had adjustable ARBs, ive always had the rear bar set to stiff and the front set to soft.
  7. Arb

If anyone is after a H&R ARB setup, my front/rear kit is now off the car and up for sale
  8. 1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

I personally will only be adding UK registered drag strips onto the leaderboard. What turbo are you going to be running Lucifer? I might take mine on the strip first just to give you a harder target lol
  9. Stage 2 list

@ Steveoz03 My engine mounts are from Vibratechniks. You could also wait for the APR intercooler which will be released imminently. its going to be the largest one on the market as far as i can tell. Id imagine the forge one ill be cheaper though.
  10. Stage 2 list

Yes i do mate. 75% larger volume than with the stock rad. Mine will be off the car soon though as im getting rid. Just need to wait until the car is back from its steering wheel and power steering pump replacement after they failed.
  11. Stage 2 list

For a solid and and tractable stage 2 setup IMO you need the followingi as a minimum. Intake Intercooler NGK BKR7EIX Spark plugs Downpipe with supporting mods Lower dog bone engine mount Anti Roll bars Springs or suspension upgrade Better pads, or ideally a larger brake setup...
  12. Coilovers

My steup is as per my signature. I do around 10 trackdays a year typically and was going to fit AST coilovers, but after a trackday at Silverstone I realized it didnt need anything more on the car as it was already excellent. I decided once the decent dampers were available on the market I...
  13. Coilovers

I had the APs on my Octavia vRS. Pretty good when i was living in Germany on top quality roads, but i took them off after moving back to the UK. I wouldn't buy them again. With a budget of £400, IMO I wouldn't go with coilovers as you will be getting the lowest quality coilovers on the...
  14. LVS Racing MK5 Ibiza Cupra

How did you do today? I hear there was a mega headwind to contend with.
  15. LVS Racing MK5 Ibiza Cupra

did you lose?
  16. 1.4tsi remap

Instead of getting muliple maps you just get the one msp that you want so either the 95,98 or 100 ron map. You can retrofit the cruise control after if needed then its free to add on the additional maps.
  17. Coilovers

Whats your budget?
  18. 1.4tsi remap

Ive just seen a post from today highlighting similar poor workmanship like I experienced, so i did a little more diging on the 1.4TSi shark work and id say you might want to question your source. When it comes to the 1.4TSI id say they arent near the peak of tuning(maybe their peak). they...
  19. Coilovers

Handling mods on mine are VWR Springs, H&R front and rear ARBs, Vibratechnik engine and gearbox mounts and the entire chassis connected with Superpro bushes. At the moment it handles like an absolute dream. It would benefit from some dampers, but when i did this the B8 dampers weren't...
  20. Coilovers

You should try the likes of a Bilstein B12 kit. Thats essentially lowering springs paired to a Bilstein B8 damper. Comfier than shock and handles as good as most coilovers. The only down sides. Plus they are a top end suspension kit, and will out perform pretty much all these budget...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.