Search results

1. How to help your gearbox!!! Post 2003

My gearbox was noisy expecially in 2'nd gear when gearbox was warm after drving. There was rattling noise between acceleration and deacceleration. 11 years I did lessning that noise. Pedestrians did noticed it also. I did have to sand shim little bit thinner. It didn't fit without sanding. I...
  2. How many Miles

125 000 miles. 20VT FR AUQ 2005. I'm first owner. I think I will keep this car so long as it is reliable in everyday use. Before this car I did change car after couple of years. Just have to replace whole rear brakes. Road salt is jamming calipers. Front brake disks are still original.
  3. Seat Leon 20VT FR AUQ. Ticking noise from engine

Problem solved. Turbo is mounted to the exhaust manifold with three bolt's. One bolt was totally loose and second was opened about one centimeter. Turbo was hanging with only one bolt. I did allmost use my local stealer service. Those ass***es would propably change whole turbo. I really dosn't...
  4. Seat Leon 20VT FR AUQ. Ticking noise from engine

There was not any fault codes in the engine. When I hit any bumb in the road when I accelerate, the sound will dissapiers for the quaite short of time. Sound seems to be wery loud in the outside of the car. I did noticed that when I was driving my car with the windows open. It was not quiet...
  5. Seat Leon 20VT FR AUQ. Ticking noise from engine

Yes. Sound is wery similar than pinking. Sound is quaite diffcult to localize, because sound is only coming when engine is under load in acceleration.
  6. Seat Leon 20VT FR AUQ. Ticking noise from engine

I have owned this car since it was new. I really like this car. Oil and oil filter has changed in ewery 7500 km´s. Car have now in the odometer 113 000 km´s. Engine has started to keep ticking noise when I accelerate heavily over 3 000 rpm´s. Ewery time when the turbo kick's in, engine keep...
  7. v power vs ordinary(supermarket) unleaded

I use V Power or Neste 98 oct. gas when there is no Shell station near me. I don't notice any difference in my car between different gasolines but in my Fireblade there is very noticeable difference between low (95 oct.) and high (98-99 oct.) gasoline in low speed and rpm's. Bike did start to...
  8. Terrible Snow Grip

I have Continental ContiWinterViking 2 winter tyres under my car. ~100 km/h is quaite relaxing speed in icy and snowy roads. I keep those in my car 5-6 months in a year. Btw. Conti's have a much better handling and high speed features than Nokian's.
  9. Which Transmission Oil?

I'm used Castrol TAF-X, Mobil VS200 and G 052 171 A2 in my -05 FR Leon. That G 052 171 A2 is the best choice from those oils. 1 to 2 change is smoother with this VW-oil. Especially in cold mornings.
  10. how many miles has everybody done??

I'm bought mine -05 Leon FR in new. I payd from it 30 500Eur. It have now 46300 miles in the odo. I think that I will keep it 15 years ahead. There has been all kinds of little problems in new. Now the ABS-pump unit seems to be broken :mad:.
  11. Temperature gauge flashing light

+1 more. Couple of times my red cooling temp warning light is also telling me something weird. Three beeps confirms that I havent seen delusions.
  12. Red Cupra R Faiding paint

I have a -05 Leon fr in Emocion red color. It's been mine since new. I wax the paint one times in year. I don't wash it by hand's. Paint color is still wery excellent. There is no much scratch either. Red color is covered with clear lack. That seems to keep paint in good condition. Here is lot...
  13. my OBD Socket is dead???

In my car there was one screw assembled throught OBD-connector wires. I think that the screw was somewhere backside of the ashtray. Or was it backside of the climate cotrol? I can't remember anymore. But anyway somewhere backside of this console.
  14. HID conversion on H1 bulb (full beam)

I have a high beam H1 hid kit in my -05 FR. There was no any box behind the bulb. Beside of the bulb is the light height adjusting motor. Do you have a pic of this black box?
  15. Winter tyres - not your usual question

I'm living in Finland. In here we must use winter tyres from december to the end of february. It's in the law. In here 80% of all sold winter tyres are studded tyres. Most of our road's have a ice layer throught allmost whole winter. Even main road's have thin ice layer because car tyres press...
  16. Winter tyres - not your usual question

I have a Continental WinterViking 2 winter tyres in my FR. I use those from november to the end of march. Must use those because cold climate. In this morning temperature was -22 Celsius. Use google to find out what kind of tyres those WinterViking 2's are. Metal spikes are safer in icy roads.
  17. frozen lock/door seals!

You have to do couple of trics to keep your Leon door's in good shape whole winter. 1. Use silicon oil or Würth 0890 110 Rubber Care Spray for your rubber door sealings. You have to use a lot of those because rubber suck a lot of those inside. When you do that 1-2 times in winter, door...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.