Search results

1. micky 32

ASZ ARL differences

I know of someone who measured compression on both engines they are the same. Bottom ends are the same part. The only difference are the headbolts.
  2. micky 32

anyone have a how to for thermostat change on a fr 170

Make sure fans are working ok?
  3. micky 32

DPF removal on FR CR 170

My local VW dealer could tell me i deleted my DPF and remapped through diagnostics. They can also tell how hard the car has braked and how many times it went over 75mph, this is on a 13 Passat though.
  4. micky 32

cr 170 and cr 140

I know it's an old thread but the info could be handy. The Euro CR 140 and CR 170 are one of the same engine. Same block, pistons, conrods etc. The injectors are also the same (Compared my part numbers on my CR140 against my mates CR170 and the numbers match and ETKA). Of course part numbers...
  5. micky 32

MOT emissions after DPF/Remap

I just done a DPF delete on my new Passat but still have to get it mapped yet. How you finding the smoke levels on your DPF deleted car with 210bhp? One thing i have noticed on idle it fairly smells of fumes around the car, soon as you open a window or a door the smell hits you when...
  6. micky 32

I'm back to the dark side!

I have ordered a new 2.0 TDI CR 140 Passat. Does anyone know if these can be remapped without taking the ECU out or have they not been cracked yet?
  7. micky 32

Topping up oil on Cupra R

I have noticed on mine that if i check the level on mine when cold it's actually lower than when checked 10 mins after a run so maybe it's to allow for expansion incase you over fill it when cold.
  8. micky 32

If turbo blown, will the car start?

Believe it or not i have seen TDI engines not starting due to a faulty turbo. if the turbo seizes and won't spin it can restrict the air flow into the engine. I saw a PD130 do this recently.
  9. micky 32

K03 turbo

They are a different turbo. The Ko3 on the 2.0T is similiar to the k04 on the 1.8T in flow wise.
  10. micky 32

autotech fuel pump

If it's fitted properly there should be no problem. I must have between 60-70k on mine with no problems. £100 is a good price.
  11. micky 32

difference between 2.0tfsi sport and cupra?

The KO3 engine is well able to handle KO4 power;). My car has now 100k on it and half it's life on a KO4. Also going by the same dyno the KO3 engine seems to hold the power higher up the rev range than the factory KO4 when compared to Revo stage 3( KO3) and Revo stage 2+. I'm guessing the higher...
  12. micky 32

150pd not starting

I'm not convinced it's glowplugs. They don't even come on unless it's below 5 degrees, hardly been that cold where you live?
  13. micky 32

Audi RS4 fuel injectors

They are a straight swap but not much use unless you going big turbo.
  14. micky 32

A Few Q's About My TFSI 185bhp

Two different cars for a start. My car when it had a Ko3 stage 2+ produced power between 270-280 and that was on a tight dyno too.
  15. micky 32

A Few Q's About My TFSI 185bhp

Ko3 engines at stage 2+ will run between 270-280 bhp :funk:
  16. micky 32

Poor starting in the morning

Mine doesn't start up rough at all when cold, fires up perfectly.
  17. micky 32

Struggled to keep up with Mazda3 Sport!?

Oil? Maybe a boost leak and oil from the intercooler hose, possible a reason .
  18. micky 32

FR 375 bhp with k04 please read....

Going by results on the same dyno hardly any difference in final output, however the normal 2.0TFSI seems to hold on to the power longer up the rev range compared to the OEM ko4 engines probably due to the engine being more efffecient with the higher CR when the turbo starts running out of...
  19. micky 32

Cupra eating spark plugs

Spark plugs obviously won't last as long when the engine is modified. I use the NGK iridiums and i'm getting at least near 40k before they start to "miss". I used Bosch super( not the OEM ones) once and this engine does not like them but i have heard a lot of complaints about them .After 5k my...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.