Search results

1. Can I Oil My Cam Belt - It's Developed a Squeak! 16V

Thanks for the replys fellas. What do you recommend me doing then F2 Stu? Cheers.
  2. Where To Get Compomotive Alloys From?

Cheers for the replys boys. Adz, fancy slapping some pics of your motor up? See if you can persuade me into 17's :D Cheers.
  3. Can I Oil My Cam Belt - It's Developed a Squeak! 16V

STICKY HONEY!!!! :blink: Im lost on that one!!! Sorry for sounding kinda thick here but your surely not meaning sticky honey as in HONEY!!! Cheers :)
  4. Can I Oil My Cam Belt - It's Developed a Squeak! 16V

Seat Ibiza 2.0l 16V GTI. Hey all, ive just replaced my Cam Belt - (approx 300 miles ago) and ive noticed my engine was starting to develop the usuall constant squeaking noise from under the hood when started up. So, i wipped the bonnet up, WD40'd the usuall belts (if i replaced these...
  5. Where To Get Compomotive Alloys From?

Hey all im after a set of 5 spoke 16" Compomotive alloy wheels in white for my 16v GTI. Has anyone got a good site to get these wheels for a reasonable prive :D Cheers :)
  6. Where To Get Samco Hose Kit From? GTI 16v

Hey all, im after a set of Samco hoses for my Kiwi 16V as my old ones are now looking old and a few leaks and popping up here and there, and was wondering where's the best place to buy these from? The price im currently getting is in the region of 230 pounds (pound sign key on keyboard has...
  7. De Cat, How Much?

Cheers mate. Just a quick question: Is there much performance increase if i was to do this? Ive currently got a full Magnex cat back system on the car so im hopeing it will improve the sound rather than BHP but hey it would be a bonus! Cheers.
  8. De Cat, How Much?

Anyone!! :( There must be someone on this site thats done this! :D Cheers.
  9. De Cat, How Much?

Hey folks its like the post sais really, im thinking about de catting my 2.0l 16v and was wondering how much the de cat pipe would be? + where to get one from? Cheers. :D
  10. Is it worth getting chipped????

I wouldn't bother m8! You'll pay far too much money and get nothing in terms of BHP for your hard earned cash! Just get a external induction kit, full exhaust - ok de cat will give you a few more BHP BUT do you really wanna keep changing it everytime you need an MOT! Keep the car in tip...
  11. Fastest cupra on forum?

The quest is over!!!!! Ive found the fastest Cupra, not just on this forum BUT in the world!! :-o Who's is it???? Mine! Why? Cos it's a KIWI!!!! :D
  12. Cam Belt Change. How Much? 16v GTI

Cheers m8. Time to get it booked in me thinks :)
  13. Cam Belt Change. How Much? 16v GTI

Its basically as the title sais folks. My motors done 54,000 miles and the cam belt is due a change. There's no way on earth that ill be able to do it my self so how much is this going to cost if i get it done at a garage?:( Cheers.:)
  14. 16V Service - What Needs Doing?

Whats the ECP web address? Cheers
  15. 16V Service - What Needs Doing?

Cheers for the replys lads. Let the work begin!
  16. Crash 16v Update!

Cheers boys! As for the insurance renewal!! Arrrghh!!!.. One plus point tho, i had protected no claims, this covered me for 2 crashes so at least id have full no claims come the dreaded renewal date!! It will still be shocking tho. But..... It will teach me a lesson i suppose!
  17. Crash 16v Update!

Ok the past few months aint been the best for the Green Machine with me crashing into the back of someone at a roundabout 2 times :cry: Gutted isnt the word!!! Anyway, the first time was just a broken front bumper + wing work - no problem all sorted and looking good. The 2nd time however...
  18. I've Crashed AGAIN!! 2 Times in 2 Months!!

Well ive never crashed into anyone EVER before then comes the months of December and Jan and its now becoming my new hobbie!! :( Both times have been exactly the same, sliding into a car at the roundabout with the ABS not kicking in at all!! The only argument i have is that (i wasnt going...
  19. What to do?

I'd say enoughs enough m8. Maybee a time to move on and look to a more powerfull motor!! Leon Cupra R????? The money you'd spend for little increase in bhp is totally unjustified! I wouldn't bother! Great car tho :D
  20. 16V Gearbox Issues!

Ok, this is the only issue i have with my Cupra - the gearbox feels loose, and although it doesn't crunch when going into gear when cold its to be honest CR@P!! :( As soon as my motor reaches approx 80 degrees it starts to loosen up and feels not to bad but its the whole loose, long distance...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.