Search results

1. Looking for spare part and advice please help!

if it's fine after it's warmed up for a few mins, could it not be the secondary air pump leaking? Does it sound like a hoover is running when you first start the car? When it's cool and i first start mine, it can be sluggish and splutters whilst the secondary air pump is running but as soon as...
  2. Thoroughly Disappointed

I've had my fair share of lemons in the past and i feel your pain. I've had cars that have continually gone wrong whilst i've owned them, i then sell them and years later speak to the people who bought them and they say that they've had no trouble at all (i think i'm cursed :lol: ). My dad has...
  3. Big turbo (oem displacement )

isn't 400bhp a bit too much for front wheel drive to handle?
  4. Cambelt change on my R

Just been quoted £281 to have cam belt and tensioner changed, water pump changed, new auxillery belt (i.e. one that goes around power steering pump and alternator), change of fuel filter and re weld a bracket on my exhaust. Local mechanic who will do it at my house. I;ve used him before and...
  5. water on door sill

i only had wet carpet on the passenger side. Found a thread on here where you make small cuts in the seal on the door sill, seemed strange at the time but no water collects on the sill now and no more wet carpet.
  6. Roll Cage...

try demon tweeks they do 3 for the mk1 leon cupra
  7. Misfire when cold

mines always done this and i've fitted a new MAF with no luck. It only seems to be when cold and with the Secondary air pump whirring away. Once that has finished doing its job, the car runs fine. Try leaving the car on tick over until the SAI has finished it's job and then try pulling away.
  8. exhaust question??

can't you replace the centre section with one from a diesel? I don't think they have a middle box. Sure I read it somewhere on here.
  9. What makes a Cupra?

same here, 2001 (X reg) with only electric folding mirrors (not heated seats, no leather, no trip computer). The V5 shows it a a 20 VT sport but oddly on the back I have a Cupra badge (weird)
  10. Fried Clutch?

could this be fluid getting onto the clutch plate? In a previous car, it had a fluid leak and some of it was getting to the clutch, this was causing it to slip slightly and then grip, this was happening quickly so you got juddering or vibration.
  11. Air Con

if you have climate control instead of aircon, it will automatically set the fans to full if it senses there is a big difference in temperature. Mine has a mind of it's own, I turn the fans down and the computer keeps turning them back up slowly. If re-gassing doesn't work then it could be...
  12. Hissing noise from brake pedal?

I thought all servo assisted brakes hissed when you're depressing the pedal but it should stop once the pedal has stopped moving. Every car I've owned has done this.
  13. fuel consumption

I did a run from Northampton to Manchester and back on monday (320 miles) and I still had 1/4 tank left (rubbish fuel guage). I had to fill it up again after doing 360 miles. The trip was done at a constant 70 MPH (give or take a couple of MPH). Trips to work are from northampton to milton...
  14. Rip Speed Universal Cone Filter

I've had a universal cone filter from halfords on my LC for the past 2 years nearly and not had any trouble with it. Sounds good too.
  15. UniSettings - Exhaust Pops On Overrun

Yes it sounds great but it's illegal to run on the road. Turbo life will be severely shortened as will the manifold and exhaust due to higher temperatures, think about it, you've got unburnt fuel / air mixture exploding not just in the cylinders (which are built to take it) but in the manifold...
  16. one battered leon

I hit a tree a few years back in a nova. Hit it going sideways at about 30 mph. Luckily it hit the front wheel the front wheel and not the doors like this. The wheel took the brunt of the impact and pushed the drive shaft hard into the gearbox, oddly it broke the block where it joins the...
  17. Changing Exhaust Manifold

I'd say more like a couple of hours or more. Depending if any of the bolts are stuck between the manifold and the Turbo. Having the car on ramps would be a help and do the work from underneath.
  18. Cupra or Impreza or Saab 9-5 HOT Aero

how can a scooby be cheaper to insure than an LC? I pay 450 a year with 13 years NCD but that policy has a lot of nice little extras. I could get it down to about 300 fully comp if needed. How much were you paying for the scooby?
  19. What is a

Mine's an x-reg (2001) 1.8t sport and has bugger all kit, must have been spec'd very cheaply. It did come with climate control but no fuel computer, cheapy tape player with 6 disc changer (which no longer works).
  20. Cupra or Impreza or Saab 9-5 HOT Aero

I regularly see 300+ miles out of a tank of juice in my LC. I have once got 350 miles out of a tank on a long motorway journey.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.