Search results

1. Pd 170 engine splutter

Is it limp mode you are encountering I wonder? It could be something simple like a split/perished vacuum pipe leaking causing that to kick in, its not necessarily something expensive, just needs tracing by an honest mechanic. Hope you sort it.
  2. EGR Blanking Plate

Hi, I have not been here for a long time, but having just bought a Leon Fr pd170, I found this thread as interested in egr delete, can I ask who is 'Darkside' and where are they ?(noticing East Sussex members as work near Ditchling), cheers!
  3. solid flywheel conversion

That's good news thanks Yan101, I apologise couldn't wait for reply, earlier in day I had to bite bullet and order a kit and went for Sachs DMF/Clutch/Bearing and Slave cyclinder 338.00 all in whuch I felt seemed like a good deal - it would have been a lot more had I bought the Luk one here on...
  4. solid flywheel conversion

Yan101, is conversion still seeming to he all good, reason I ask is my altea is stuck on the drive with a failed clutch!
  5. Re synching key with car and window malfunction

That's great Mac Music, spot on. Having looked at this I found a Spanish video on youtube showing how to remove a leon door card, along with your links I'm now sure I'll be able to tackle the job, many thanks Ian
  6. What are the alteas common faults

Hi, Mines on 157,000 miles (55 plate 1.9tdi), I'd say bulbs going in the rear light cluster and a few recent elctrical gremlins have been the main problems (owned car for 3 or 4 years since 121,000 miles). Recently the alternator pulley sheared off, replacement was quite expensive at GSF or...
  7. Re synching key with car and window malfunction

I wondered if anyone knows if I can re sync the key to the car, having had the battery disconnected to change alternator, the remote doesn't work. Battery seems to be fine in the fob? Also the passenger window is graunching, will go down smoothly but not go up without dreadful noise, think...
  8. Altea economy - normal or not?

I think it will be fine on longer runs when the engine warms up. Just think when you have the current mpg read out, all the time you see it above the average mpg the average is going up, so on a longer journey it (the average) just keeps going up. I had 75mpg once (in a Skoda Fabia VRs) over 70...
  9. Altea economy - normal or not?

Hi I recently bought a 1.9tdi Stylance with 122,500 on the clock! On a 60 mph motorway run up then down the M3 (Soton - Sunbury and back) I got first 65mpg, then 63mpg on the way back. If yours is a brand new or newish car with under 10k on the clock the engine may still be loosening up a...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.