Search results

1. White_Lady_170

Removing 888's and looking for the latest best everyday road/track tyre.

vredestein (crap) Really? They were all the hype on here when I first was looking tyres and I am now on my second set, seem fine to me in both the dry and the wet.
  2. White_Lady_170

Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

I'm sure the answer may be already in this 36 page thread but I unfortunately don't have the time to read through it all. I got the call today to say my 08 FR tdi has been recalled because of the injectors. I just want to know with replacement is there any sort of setup involved throught...
  3. White_Lady_170

My Candy White Leon FR Tdi Progress Thread * Map tweak 25/09/10*

Sorry for the late reply, I don't get on here as much anymore... The coilovers do grand for ride height adjustment, they are fairly stiff but not a significant amount more over standard. However, if you push the car in the corners, there is still enough movement (at the front anyway) that the...
  4. White_Lady_170

safe for the clutch/turbo

Just noticed the comment about turning the air con off. I noticed this generates more noise and vibration when it's on too (THS FR3 mounts also :) ) Just curious as to why the air con being on does this?
  5. White_Lady_170

leon fr tdi torque 258ft/lb or 350nm

And by 6500rpm how much of that has dropped off? I don't have a graph to hand but I have the same torque and hold it fairly well so every quick gear changes brings me back to optimum torque and pulls it on through to my redline so far as i see there's no real difference. The petrol will just...
  6. White_Lady_170

leon fr tdi torque 258ft/lb or 350nm

While this may be true of the FR tdi in standard form, a DPF delete and map transforms the car and where in standard tune, the FR would almost choke itself on the dual carriageway, the free flowing remapped version would hold it's own IMO How many car's are you realistically going to come...
  7. White_Lady_170

2011 Winter Tyres - What are you opting for?

Lots of people rate falken 452's as a good summer tyre so what's peoples opinions on the HS 439's mytyres have to offer at £115. (probably dearer for me as I'm in Northern Ireland) but they are a lot cheaper than the likes of the wintrac xtreme's...
  8. White_Lady_170

How though when Camskill to throw a name out there, have hardly anything in stock...??
  9. White_Lady_170

I have porker brakes up front so clearance issues may arise with 17inch... I also have my OEM alloys 18" in the garage so they are for winter use now I have my VW Racing alloys for the good weather :) I think I read that this year winter tyre business will pick up from September onwards that's...
  10. White_Lady_170

Had a quick look on Camskill myself and a lot of the brands are out of stock at the minute but the prices were up, pretty dear... I was considering opting for 2 just to stick on the front and then revert back to 2 of my vredestein ultrac sessantas which are sitting in the garage. What's...
  11. White_Lady_170

Post away folks, let's see what brands are getting favoured and see if we can pick out the bargains. Where possible, include prices and your source, if it's an online purchase. :D
  12. White_Lady_170

S3 intercooler

Yes well that being the case I think it was just the way he worded it, it was the 170 he meant. Sure there's bags of different 140 nozzle upgrades already developed.
  13. White_Lady_170

life after Leon: What will your next car be ?

I'll not be in a position to really think about changing until April 2013 but at the minute, when I get the urge to have a browse through the market what stands out for me as being potential replacements come the time are... New-ish Facelift Cupra R New-ish Audi S3 New-ish Audi 3.0tdi A5...
  14. White_Lady_170

S3 intercooler

I mentioned that they list them, he never addressed that point, just said "I understand he is working on 2.0 TDI injectors" Maybe I should reply and ask him to get a full picture of what stage they are at with the 2.0tdi next time he is in contact with them...
  15. White_Lady_170

S3 intercooler

Pointless upgrade in my eyes unless you've managed to find a supplier of these mystical upgraded nozzles...? (Awaiting good news) Last I heard was a reply from Allard Turbo Sport, Allan Allard said he had dealings with Ricky from dieselpower.cz as they help with their race 1.9tdi but as far...
  16. White_Lady_170

Is it worth changing from a Cupra to a Cupra R or a Focus RS

Don't entertain a FQ300. The car is a heavy tub and the 4x4 saps the power, my stage 2 tdi is fit for them, you'd be disappointed moving from a Cupra IMO
  17. White_Lady_170

Improving the handling at speed?

The WALK kit is £170 from Whiteline, where have other's purchased and what was the best price?
  18. White_Lady_170

Leon Tdi FR 170 owners - Milltek DPF removal downpipe

Proof or I'm Calling BS. Sounds waaaaay too good to be true.
  19. White_Lady_170

AndrewJB's Mk2 Leon FR 2.0 16V TDI "Der Rote Baron"

funny it was blade's came into my mind when I seen it, that's why I asked lol. Nice!
  20. White_Lady_170

AndrewJB's Mk2 Leon FR 2.0 16V TDI "Der Rote Baron"

"most powerful K1 in the UK" Figures or you're lying :p haha
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.