Search results

1. altea phil

snow damage.help

Still fine mate almost 12 months in, no issues at all, and it's only got to last another 8 days as I am part ex-ing it next week for an Octavia vRS !!!!
  2. altea phil

snow damage.help

Matty....I had the same problem last year and I believe it is quite common. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=341841 The retaining stud at the front end is just bonded on, and after a period of time comes off.
  3. altea phil

gutted for my altea fr 170

Why not find another similar one at a garage other than a main dealer, and part-ex yours, then it's not your problem ???
  4. altea phil

EPC and Engine Management Lights

I serviced a friends '53 plate 1.4 Ibiza on Friday and having backed the car out of the garage I left it ticking over on the drive and after about 20 seconds it started coughing and spluttering, and the EPC light and engine management lights both came on. But on turning the engine off and...
  5. altea phil

Roof Bars

Being a cheap-skate and not wanting to pay £200+ for the genuine Seat ones, I got some off a retailer on flea-bay about 3 years ago. They are made by "DRIVER" in Italy I believe. They were bought with the intention of a forth-coming jolly to France, but fortunately I tried them out first on a...
  6. altea phil

Clutch pedal problem

Bantamfan (you'll be happy today won't you, after last nights win against Villa ??)... Still have the same issue (although it doesn't seem as prominent now)...like you say, when it is cold it is fine, but as it gets more use throughout the day (and obviously gets warmer), the pedal seems to...
  7. altea phil

Clutch pedal problem

Thanks again Derby.....I admit it's a good few years since I changed a clutch, but I distinctly remember that the pedal was always at the top of it's travel when the clutch was worn out ! But, these were always on cable operated clutches rather than hydraulic ones, where the cable PULLED the...
  8. altea phil

Clutch pedal problem

What I meant was the distance the pedal lifts up before the clutch starts to engage....surely this will increase as the clutch wears, rather than the other way round ???
  9. altea phil

Clutch pedal problem

Cheers Derby, but isn't it the other way round......surely the freeplay at the BOTTOM of the stroke will get bigger as the friction plate wears..:confused::confused:
  10. altea phil

Clutch pedal problem

Thanks again TV.... will look into doing it soon, but if it turns out to be the slave cylinder, does the gearbox have to come out, as when I loosened it off last week to check for leakage there didn't seem to be enough clearance to fully remove it ??
  11. altea phil

Clutch pedal problem

Cheers TV...the master cylinder looks to be a pig to get out...how much of a job is it, what sort of cost am I looking at for the part, and does it need a pressure bleeder to get it working properly ?? If it is the slave cylinder, does the gearbox have to come out to change it, and again how...
  12. altea phil

Clutch pedal problem

I have owned my '55 plate 1.9 tdi Stylance for almost four years now, and have to report that it has covered 85000 almost faultless miles.....however, for the past 4 or 5 days I have noticed that my clutch pedal seems to have gone very light at the top end. I suspected that some air might have...
  13. altea phil

How to change Air & Pollen filters?

Perhaps they didn't change them becuse they didn't need changing ...:confused::confused:
  14. altea phil

Hangy intercooler looking thing?????

Max....I had the very same problem with mine a few months ago, so tried fixing it with adhesive, which did work for a while, but eventually dropped down again. The way I fixed it (to save having to remove the interior trim panels/carpet etc), was to remove the plastic undertray around the...
  15. altea phil

speedo callibration

Gents...I am assuming you are comparing your speedo readouts to what is says on your satnavs, and am guessing that the 6 mph difference is at around 60-70 mph ???? If so, then this is the same for all cars.......I am a traffic cop, and the cars we use all have calibrated speedo's done by a...
  16. altea phil

Misting headlamp

Bobby...I have an identical problem, but mine was down to a suicidal pigeon which head-butted my headlight on the motorway last year, resulting in a small piece of plastic breaking off the top of the headlight. I have fixed this with some silicone sealant, but there is still a small crack in the...
  17. altea phil

Heat sink ??

Cheers Meralto...I did think of "going this route" myself, but was a bit pushed for time and didn't fancy taking all the plastic trim panels off and lifting the carpet....but who know's, if my "fix" doesn't work, then I suppose I will have to bite the bullet..!!
  18. altea phil

Heat sink ??

I've done a more permanent fix this time (I hope !!). I removed the plastic undertray around the cooler, and then used a spring and some cable ties to fasten it back up, along with some superglue for good measure, and then put the undertray back on. Hopefully this has done the trick !!
  19. altea phil

Heat sink ??

Well, the epoxy resin has lasted about 14 weeks before it has finally let go today, and I am back to square 1 again with the screwdriver wedged back in. Anyone else had this problem, or can suggest a better method of securing it ????
  20. altea phil

Heat sink ??

Been underneath this morning and can confirm it is the diesel cooler. The front mounting stud has come away from the underside of the car, and as I can see no other way of fastening it back up, then I have had to resort to epoxy resin, with a screwdriver wedged in until it sets !! Anyone else...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.