Search results

1. Downpipe blowing???

Mine needs a new downpipe, and has done for a few months. Won't run as quick as it should and you can hear the turbo whistle slightly louder, sounds ****. It'll be fine mate.
  2. Would I be better splitting the car? LCR

Ok, will write another ad up. Hate having a yellow car when it comes to selling :/
  3. Would I be better splitting the car? LCR

Hi I'm looking to get rid of my LCR. It's done 92k, and is yellow (faded slightly), and needs a cambelt/water pump and flexipipe. People get put off by this and would it be easier for me to split the car? And I'd get more for it doing that? I was thinking I could possibly get £2.5k...
  4. Flexipipe / decat

Alright lads I need a new Flexipipe (again), as it's blowing and causing power loss... Is this a regular problem with LCR's? I have purchased a few second hand ones but they always are shite. What's the best Downpipe to get? And would it be just as good to get a decat at the same time? I...
  5. Water in rear footwell sealed - BUT

Cheers mate, will re do them tomorrow :)
  6. Forge 007p Dump Valve

I used KY Jelly.. Seemed to do the job :)
  7. MAF question - experts please

Ok, I was under the impression though that if I unplug the MAF, and it performs the same as when it's plugged in then the MAF is buggered? If it runs better with the MAF plugged in then the MAF is working perfectly fine?
  8. MAF question - experts please

I was under the impression that if there isn't a different with the MAF unplugged then the MAF is buggered? As if that MAF was working fine, then I unplug it I'd notice a difference in performance? But when I unplug it and drive it feels the same as when it was plugged in?
  9. MAF question - experts please

It wasn't spluttering anyway mate it just isn't boosting properly and feels like something is holding the car back when I boot it, almost as if there is a limiter. Sometimes it'll feel like theres a limiter though. Surely a MAF issue? When i unplugged the MAF it ran the same as if it was...
  10. MAF question - experts please

Dont you mean wouldn't!
  11. MAF question - experts please

My car has a loss of power, it isn't the car it used to be (LCR remapped) I have been told to look at the MAF which I did. I unplugged it and took it for a run, and didn't really notice any difference? Does this mean I need a new MAF? I'm going to clean it at the weekend to see if it makes...
  12. Car locking problem.

On the first door I did which was the passenger I removed the whole thing, then obviously when putting the carrier back on you have to fit the door pin through it. I must of put a bit of pressure on the door pin somewhere down the line as instead of sitting up straight it'd bent and was pointing...
  13. Car locking problem.

I must of hit it a bit hard. I'll take it apart and see what i've done. I hate having problems on the bloody car :(
  14. Forge 007p Dump Valve

I haven't got the OEM one :( misplaced it :\ I'm going to try this anyway as the boost issue is pissing me off. Just doesn't feel quick anymore, can't find any splits it any pipes and i'm running out of things to try. Something is holding it back, and I hope this is the cause.,
  15. Car locking problem.

I don't see how i've done it? I've only changed the seal! Could I have knocked something? I have noticed the pin on the passenger door doesn't move up or down anymore [:@][:@]:cry::cry::cry:
  16. Forge 007p Dump Valve

Did it cause you boost problems when it was sticking?
  17. Forge 007p Dump Valve

Appreciate your input guys. WIll see how I get on tonight :)
  18. Forge 007p Dump Valve

How do you vaccum test>
  19. Forge 007p Dump Valve

Thanks Malc, could a dodgy spring cause boost problems?
  20. Forge 007p Dump Valve

Ok, next question. How do you service these? I haven't had a look to make sure it's ok in about 2 years, and it could be whats causing my boost problem.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members