Search results

1. modd1uk

Ibiza FR 1.9 TDI won't start - Advice please

Hi folks, the wifes ibiza died on the motorway and wouldn't start again. The engine turns over with the key but doesn't fire. So far the garage has tried : New crankshaft & camshaft sensors (apparently came up on the diagnostics). Checked timing (cambelt etc was done a few weeks ago)...
  2. modd1uk

No brake lights (except high level), no reversing light, two dash lights.

As soon as I swapped one brake light bulb out the reverse light worked. Swapped both brake light bulbs out and everything works, Lights off the dash. Stupid how having no rear brake lights means no traction control! Total cost of repair 50p. Halfords trade card ftw. Cheers for the advice dude...
  3. modd1uk

Gonna change the brake and reverse light bulbs today and see if it makes a difference. Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
  4. modd1uk

Would that cause no reversing light ?
  5. modd1uk

Can anybody shed any light on this for me please. Brake light switch works because the high level brake light works, however the normal brake lights don't work, the reversing light doesn't work and the TCS (flashing) and glowplug lights are on the dash. They are all related somehow as the...
  6. modd1uk

Ibiza FR - Different size tyres?

Perhaps I worded it wrong, it's not the ride that's harsh more the feel of the low profile tyre, can a tyre be fitted with a slightly taller side wall ?
  7. modd1uk

Ibiza FR - Different size tyres?

Wifes got a mk4 FR and complains the tyres are fairly harsh. 205 40 17 standard size, what size tyres will fit and not throw the speedo out too far? Needs it to be a bit comfier, it's just a mile muncher. Standard suspension, no lowering springs etc.
  8. modd1uk

Ibiza FR Key Programming?

Does anybody know if you can actually have 3 keys programmed into the car at the same time?
  9. modd1uk

In Preston, but can travel to get it done properly. Well, he's supposed to be a professional, not overly sure he had any idea what he was doing tbh!
  10. modd1uk

I could do with finding somebody in Lancashire to sort it, don't fancy screwing something up.
  11. modd1uk

I would assume so, he read it with his tool? Any idea how much it usually costs for somebody to get it properly.
  12. modd1uk

Brand new flip key, it unlocks/locks the car perfect just can't get it programmed to start it.
  13. modd1uk

Does anybody know anything about key programming on Seat Ibiza FR? (mk4 2008) Got a flip key cut, it's programmed to unlock/lock the doors but the guy can't program it to start the car, reckons "there's a cluster problem"? Wanted to avoid ripping the transponder out of the spare key which is why...
  14. modd1uk

Door bump strips?

So those pegs aren't supposed to push in to a clip or something inside the door? They are literally just locating pegs that go into the holes in the door.
  15. modd1uk

Door bump strips?

Got a new one to fit, the guy at Seat didn't know if they are supposed to come with any clips/if there are clips supposed to be in the door? On my Leon they were just self adhesive and you just stuck it on, are these pegs on the new strip supposed to fit into something inside the door or are...
  16. modd1uk

Ibiza FR Lux Pack?

BOOM, it has luxury pack 2. Great little car.
  17. modd1uk

Ibiza FR Lux Pack?

Thanks for the reply Matt. So if I get the mrs a car with Headlight washers technically it should come with a rain sensor, anti dazzle RVM, heated washer jets and folding mirrors? Any idea how the folding mirrors work, is there a button on the drivers door card?
  18. modd1uk

Ibiza FR Lux Pack?

I've tried googling but come back with no results really. What did the lux pack consist of on the mk4 ibiza FR ? Looking at a few online and some look like they have headlight washers on the bumper.
  19. modd1uk

Projector headlights that don't have angel eyes?

Those devil eyes would be ok if they didn't have the ghey DRLs
  20. modd1uk

Projector headlights that don't have angel eyes?

Do such a thing exist, light output with a projector headlight/HID kit is great but I really don't like angel eyes on anything other than a BMW. Do after market lights exist that don't have angel eyes?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.